Awoo.

Scott Pilgrim vs. You

Sean

I've read all 6 and I don't see Scott as a jerk either. He's just kind of an idiot and lazy. The only reason his friends "hate" him is because he seems to get through life just fine with little effort, hell, half the theme of the series is him realising this won't work forever and getting over it.

It probably helps that you and Scott have a fair amount in comic, which with the love of games and coasting through life with minimal effort T__T lol

Oh and the uber hot girlfriend of course.

I love it now, but I avoided the comics for ages because I thought they looked stupid and the plot sounded really shallow. It's not, it's awesome, read it, give the nice man you money and join the fans in rejoicing over an awesome comic series!!

Edited by Mollfie

Oh and the uber hot girlfriend of course.

Pooshoes is a boy, not a girl, you silly.

Also I find myself relating to Scott indeed. In fact it annoyed me a little when he got his job in volume 4-5(?) because at that point I was like "Damn... this guy was so relatable. Now he's ahead of me."

Edited by JezMM

No man who steals Scott Pilgrim books is great. >8( Sorry but it's true.

Sorry I have a life and am trying to save for both a car and several video games.

Also I've locked my money in a box and only my mom knows the combination.

So I've got to read to know, gotta steal to read. Otherwise we'd get along.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sorry I have a life and am trying to save for both a car and several video games.

Also I've locked my money in a box and only my mom knows the combination.

So I've got to read to know, gotta steal to read. Otherwise we'd get along.

Well buy it one day. 8(

Also Scott Pilgrim > Car.

Edited by JezMM

Well buy it one day. 8(

I know I'll have to buy the sixth book for sure. I might pick up the others when I do. It's a pretty awesome series and I have no trouble with paying for the books, I just don't have the cash.

Also Scott Pilgrim > Car.

Ahaha, yeah no. I'm going to need that car more than a book. I hate taking the bus.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

This is the best videogame movie ever made.

And it's not even based on a game, but rather an involving, realistic, and emotional world masked behind crazy 64 hit combos, Nintendo lore, chiptune music, and crazy awesome special effects. It is one of the most amazing movies of this year. It is the epitome of what makes gaming great as it pays tribute to this art in this approximately 1hour and 50 minute movie.

Watch it.... NOW.

Ahaha, yeah no. I'm going to need that car more than a book. I hate taking the bus.

Bah, with the money I save by not having to pay for a car, the fuel for it and the insurance for it I'd rather just become very public transport savvy and keep all that leftover money for gameses. 8D

But that's getting off-topic.

On-topic, who else totally digs the way these books just... start. I love the way you open the cover and you get comic instantly, with the copyright stuff in the borders or generally artfully placed, like some kind of TV show opening sequence. I love how generally "filmed" this series feels, despite being a comic.

Bah, with the money I save by not having to pay for a car, the fuel for it and the insurance for it I'd rather just become very public transport savvy and keep all that leftover money for gameses. 8D

But that's getting off-topic.

On-topic, who else totally digs the way these books just... start. I love the way you open the cover and you get comic instantly, with the copyright stuff in the borders or generally artfully placed, like some kind of TV show opening sequence. I love how generally "filmed" this series feels, despite being a comic.

Hell yes. It's something new every time.

And what was even more surprising about the special effects is how much of a step up the text effects were from the Adam West Batman series. It reacted in fluid synergy with what was causing the disturbance and make the words pop up. HOW IS THAT NOT COOL?!

Bah, with the money I save by not having to pay for a car, the fuel for it and the insurance for it I'd rather just become very public transport savvy and keep all that leftover money for gameses.

My mom is paying for my insurance until I'm 18 and/or move away. Depends on my current work status.

I'd also rather not buy a car but my mom wants me nowhere near the steering wheel of the '64 Mustang so bluh. MONEY MUST BE SAVED.

Anyways yeah, this is a pretty fucking great comic. Also I just read the free one (so it's not pirating, right? I'm cool with the cops on this one.) and it's got like the second jerk thing Scott does at all, and that's have his friends miss Brokeback Mountain so he can use free drink coupons for stat boosts.

It's pretty awesome all the same though.

If your not sure about the Scott Pilgrim comic books, go on the official website to preview the first 4 volumes and read the 2006 Free Comic Book Day one (In all it's epicness) and a short story about one of the main girl characters (forgot her name). I did, and now I want it even more XO.

And don't forget. Everyone needs a friend with a car, you'll be the center of attention. Like Jason Kim.

And don't forget. Everyone needs a friend with a car, you'll be the center of attention. Like Jason Kim.

Who?

That guy with the car! (I might be getting his name wrong.)

I thought Kim was that one chick. The one who hated everything.

Lol. This is exactly what happens in the comics too. Scott never remembers who this Jason guy is.

Lol. This is exactly what happens in the comics too. Scott never remembers who this Jason guy is.

Is Jason Kim like... Kim's brother or something?

I don't even remember anyone owning a car in this.

I get the impression a ton of real geeks love Scott Pilgrim and hail him as a hero or something. Honestly, not my cup o' tea. However, if you guys love it... cool! :DB)

Is Jason Kim like... Kim's brother or something?

I don't even remember anyone owning a car in this.

Ex-boyfriend of Kim's who cheats on her with Hollie. Like with the other ten billion minor characters in Scott Pilgrim, he contributes nothing to the plot, so it's no surprise that you wouldn't remember him.

So, in the movie, who plays Wallace? That may hinge on if I go and see the movie or not.

No not really but it will decide WHEN. By like a few days.

Some... guy named Kieran Culkin. Not the most attractive stud in the world compared to how Wallace ought to look, but hey.

Some... guy named Kieran Culkin. Not the most attractive stud in the world compared to how Wallace ought to look, but hey.

Oh I know that guy. He takes horrible photographs but he's not bad in real life.

Well, sexy meter is now high enough to go see this the second I get the money.

Oh, so I heard Volume 4 has a colour opening (the beach scene), but all the copies here in the UK I've seen had it greyscale (though noticably gradient-filled). Was it just a US/Canada thing and the publishers here chose not to do it? Anyone from the UK have a colour version?

So, in the movie, who plays Wallace? That may hinge on if I go and see the movie or not.

No not really but it will decide WHEN. By like a few days.

Caulkin as Wallace practically steals the film, he's fucking amazing