Awoo.

Scott Pilgrim vs. You

Sean

I am so envious of you US people getting colour volume 4 opening. Q_Q We just get... greyscale rather than black and white. Which is nice too but, you know.

I am so envious of you US people getting colour volume 4 opening. Q_Q We just get... greyscale rather than black and white. Which is nice too but, you know.

It's beautiful you know.

I'm crying. This is so great.

The colors feel so right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the movie yesterday. By golly, it felt near perfect. I haven't geekgasm'd that much in ages. I think I saw a very vague GaoGaiGar reference in there somewhere!

One of the best movies to come oput this year, imo. Go see it if you haven't yet.

And I just got the first graphic novel. It is also very very good. :V

Also, I guess I was wrong in the movies topic. Scott Pilgrim bombing = fail. This actually depresses me quite a lot. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO GIVE SCOTT PILGRIM THEIR MONEY.

There were only about five or six people seeing this with me. Apparently everyone else went to see Vampires Suck in the theater next to Scott Pilgrim.

I did not like that one bit. Nope.

Edited by Gunthidoodles

I however did see it.

Brilliance from start to finish; the audience was also laughing from start to finish. Loved it, would pay to see it in the cinema again.

However, the point seems to be lost on the older generations judging by IMDb, which is to be expected I suppose. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome, but the comics are still better.

Cera's voice didn't bother me so much once the film got started, but I still don't like it. Ramona was good but still too skinny, most of her looked fine but then her shoulders and face were really slim which made me wonder if they padded her elsewhere? Whatev. Kim was cool but again waaaaaaay too skinny.

I wished they had included certain scenes/jokes from the comics. The scene when Scott gets the wrong coffee shop because he thinks they're all the same, also the bread scene was ok but too quick. They never explain subspace which is mentioned once and the doors are shown at the start and end, that's all. I wish they had included Jason Kim because I like that joke and also for the end of book six with Jason Kim and Stephen Stills. I wish they had included Ramona going away, Scott going to Kim's and the whole "omg where is Ramona, does she loves me" stuff, and also I wish they had included him getting a job, and him living with Ramona.

I felt that the film was a little too fast. It jumps from scene to scene very quickly and they spend very little time developing the emotional sides of the characters and their backgrounds. You never really know what happened between Scott and Kim, how Kim feels about him (her snarky comments could be interpreted as just her way with people) or what really happened between Scott and Envy. It felt like the focus was all on the action.

HOWEVER I do think it's a fantastic film. I loved the visuals, I loved the comic-esque-ness, the video-game-ness and the music. I think they did an awesome job with it and I really recommend it. I also loved the jokes they added in, it was all in the same tone as the comic.

I just love the comics more =3

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just love the comics more =3

Yea, Its usually the books/comics that are better than the movie, so I wasn't really expecting it to blow the comic out of the water.

Heck, you can even hear a character in the background saying "I think the comic's better than the movie." XD

Still trying to see this. I love the comic and I love the game and there just leaves this left to get the full Scott Pilgrim Experience.

There were only about five or six people seeing this with me. Apparently everyone else went to see Vampires Suck in the theater next to Scott Pilgrim.

eheheh, well...

I was originally going to do that. But I heard from friends that Vampires Suck, well, sucks, so I ended up going to see Scott Pilgrim instead.

I don't know how I would live with myself if I hadn't gone and watched this movie.

Also this is THE VERY FIRST movie that I'm going to see twice at the movie theater. I've waited for other movies to come out on DVD, etc., but I just have to go watch it again.

Scott Pilgrim, you deserve my money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Movie handled the 1up scene way better, you gotta give it that.

Really? It kinda lost the Chekov's Gun element by happening only 10 minutes before rather than getting after Lucas Lee earlier on. Though I dunno, maybe audience members already had forgotten whereas I remembered automatically because I already knew what happened in the comic.

Well anyway, here's my full slightly spoilerish comments:

+ Loved all the new jokes and general story elements - it all resonated right..

- But they kind of messed up the original delivery/point of the garlic bread and "lesbians?" jokes.

+ It was SO pretty.

- But Wallace's face still didn't sit with me. He looks too sleepy or out of it. His character is spot on, but the comic Wallace looks more clean and tidy. Kim's hair was also a bit poofy.

+ Soundtrack was epic, both the songs and the general score.

- But the use of "shit" didn't sit right with me because they never swear that badly in the comic, forgiven due to the joke it was used for.

+ The recreations of the original scenes were almost always spot on.

- But I was sad the following bits didn't make it to the film's story:

1. "These are Mr. Silly's shoes Scott." (generally quite a few of Wallace's most awesome moments were skipped or delivered different from the comic, though the bed-related jokes were an awesome addition)

2. Vegan Shephard's Pie (this was just such a fun scene)

3. Call from Scott's parents in Rome (a spicy meatball?)

4. Scott having to stay over at Kim's (total ScottxKim shipper hurr)

They were favourites of mine. 8D

I can understand the story going down a totally different path halfway through. I missed a few characters though, most particularly Joseph, but I can understand his exclusion due to the movie storyline. Also due to all the focus on the fight scenes, there wasn't actually THAT much character development. I only feel like I knew the characters because of the comics.

So generally speaking they did an awesome job, but I'd still recommend the books for the full story. 8D (But not the game. That'll make barely any sense unless you've read the comic, lol).

Really? It kinda lost the Chekov's Gun element by happening only 10 minutes before rather than getting after Lucas Lee earlier on. Though I dunno, maybe audience members already had forgotten whereas I remembered automatically because I already knew what happened in the comic.

Comic version: Scott remembers he has a 1up. Comes back to life, nobody gives a shit, life moves on.

Movie version: Scott uses his 1up, beats the whole level again, fixes his mistakes, even more awesome.

Comic version: Scott remembers he has a 1up. Comes back to life, nobody gives a shit, life moves on.

Movie version: Scott uses his 1up, beats the whole level again, fixes his mistakes, even more awesome.

Okay, when you put it like that, I totally see where you're coming from. It was a really good scene and technically, more accurate to the use of 1-Ups in video-games.

The Barnes & Noble near me restocked on some graphic novels. I went today and picked up volumes 1 and 4 - my favorite ones in the series.

I'll see if I can go back next weekend and get some more, but Scott Pilgrim is sort of a rarity around here. They always only have one of each volume (except for that one time when I saw like four copies of volume 2), and they're sold out most of the time.

I ordered all the graphic novels online after breezing through them a bit when I downloaded them. I kinda want to get Bryan Lee O'Malley first work, Lost At Sea, as well, but apparently it's a very different work from SP.

Anyway, Scott Pilgrim is cool stuff, and I'm really sad that the movie premieres in January over here. WTF is up with that?

First of all Sean where did you get your signature?, I love it, second I loved the movie, I think I saw it 3 times still pick up new nuances I didn't before, also I am thinking of picking up the game but I do not have anyone to play it with, is it still worth picking up for single player?

First of all Sean where did you get your signature?, I love it, second I loved the movie, I think I saw it 3 times still pick up new nuances I didn't before, also I am thinking of picking up the game but I do not have anyone to play it with, is it still worth picking up for single player?

Significantly harder, but worth it, yeah.

Also for anyone worried about it bombing in the box office, I am not really suprised it had fierce compeitition in Vampires Suck and The Expendables, but I feel that Scott Pilgrim is a DVD movie, like those movies EVERYONE Will buy, it will easily make back the $90,000,000 production costs in DVD Sales

Wallpaper section on the official website.

Get the game, it's hard but it's fun. I find it a bit more fun with an extra person but that's more because it's easier lol XD

I wouldn't mind getting one of those shirts at all. They look really cool.

I actually already have a Scott Pilgrim shirt which I abuse more than necessary.

28asyub.jpg

It's from Hot Topic.

Well since I FINALLY saw the movie yesterday I might as well hop on the bandwagon.

I saw the trailer a few months ago and at first I thought, "Eww. Michael Cera. This will suck." There wasn't one movie of his that seemed REMOTELY interesting. Juno is about some pregnant teenager, Youth in Revolt looks stupid, and that other movie, Paper... something or another looked dumb too. I was thrown off, but as I continued to watch the trailer all I could think of was, "OMG. This movie was made for people like me."

I ranted on and on about how much I wanted to see it with my friends. I got excited once I saw the advertisements around the city, "An epic or epic epicness" Oh hell yes, I needed to see it. Mind you I'm not a movie buff (I hardly ever go see films) nor do I read comics. The film just looked THAT awesome.

I was so anxious to watch it I went alone and I gotta say seeing movies alone is a pleasant experience. How was it? It was a cool movie! I don't think it's as amazing as I expected but it was really cool. It's the most unique thing I've ever seen in film and even if you hate the movie its EXTREMELY visual gorgeous. I'd recommend it. The experience of watching something that neat is just worth it.