Awoo.

Scott Pilgrim vs. You

Sean

Going to see this tomorrow with a friend. Really looking forward to it.

Also seen all 6 of the books in HMV at £6 each, so if I really enjoy the film then I guess I could always head on down to HMV afterwards and treat myself...

:P

Going to see this tomorrow with a friend. Really looking forward to it.

Also seen all 6 of the books in HMV at £6 each, so if I really enjoy the film then I guess I could always head on down to HMV afterwards and treat myself...

:P

I'd come with MK BUT I have college enrolment lol but enjoy it

I saw the movie today (Tuesday) before picking up Metroid: Other M. My God, it was amazing. They changed quite a few things around, which made it both familiar AND new.

M'kay, so I saw this today...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT WAS SO AMAZING!

It's like it was made for me. I was loving all the videogame references (be they sound effects or music or jokes or whatever) and... gahh, I just can't put into words how much I enjoyed it. Brilliant, brilliant film.

Anything Scott Pilgrim related is pretty much the best damned thing ever. EVER.

That's really all I can say on the matter.

Saw it earlier this evening. Best film ever in my oppinion. Loved all of the video gamer references, loved the action and loved the comedy. Never laughed so much through one film. Absolutely amazing! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

So, thanks to Sean, I've been hooked on this for the past 2 weeks pretty much. Dun know why I haven't posted it here.

I went to see the movie first, then bought the game and have it damn near 100% completed (missing an achievement), went to see it again with a different friend, and then bought all 6 books the following day, XD. Just lookin' for a Scott Pilgrim shirt that I'd want to wear now. The Slayer 1 is pretty cool, but I have way too many black shirts, so I might get the yellow one that says Plumtree on it. I also want his coat, >D.

So yeah, Scott Pilgrim rocks my socks, and I'm avi/sig'n it just like everyone else, lawly.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

My bro has become obsessed with it after seeing the film and as a result he has bought 3 of the comics. To see what he's talkin about I read the first one. Its pretty cool, I like the refrences and love the drawings. Also its really funny. Yeah, I think its worth all the hype and would see the movie if I wasn't saving money. Lets read volume two now!

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaay, I finally got the game.

And then fucking oh my god.

I swear, I game-over'd on Stage 2 like twice. Now I'm level 10 and I've gotten the hang of air juggling (uppercut, slide, hammer X works pretty well) so I can go through it no problem, but now I'm stuck on Stage 3.

How do I do thiiissssssssss I need to play more fighters.

Leveling in the long run is really only good for learning moves and minorly increasing your stats, and there are only 16 levels. The important thing is buying items which increases willpower (maximum health), defense, strength etc.

Todd Ingram is pretty much the wake-up call boss of the game. Considering where you stand, buy the Concert T-Shirts at the merch booth. They should increase your defense. Once you reach World 6 though you shouldn't be too far off from paying Scott's late fees at the video store and then you can buy ridiculously overpowered items for a horribly cheap price making the game a cakewalk for most of the part, even at Supreme Master difficulty.

Leveling in the long run is really only good for learning moves and minorly increasing your stats, and there are only 16 levels. The important thing is buying items which increases willpower (maximum health), defense, strength etc.

Todd Ingram is pretty much the wake-up call boss of the game. Considering where you stand, buy the Concert T-Shirts at the merch booth. They should increase your defense. Once you reach World 6 though you shouldn't be too far off from paying Scott's late fees at the video store and then you can buy ridiculously overpowered items for a horribly cheap price making the game a cakewalk for most of the part, even at Supreme Master difficulty.

I...

I honestly already fully leveled Scott by the time you posted, had like $300 and bought a Bionic Arm. Todd and Roxie were a cakewalk (Roxie literally took like three seconds, she never even attacked me). I'm on... pff, the Twins? Don't they come after Roxie?

I'm actually a little disappointed the levels only go up to 16. But I guess it's not important because the items do everything. I've got a good $450 right now, so just spam Stage 1 a few times and pay off the late fees and I should be good the whole game though.

A little bumpage, but good news everyone!

Was watchin' AotS the other night and noticed on the bottom feed thing that it said Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is already coming to DVD and Blu-ray in November.

Yeah, November 9th it seems, <3.

LinkMcClicky

Looks like there'll be a shit load on the DVD too. I'm just happy it's coming before Christmas. Which is crazy, since it's taking all the way until mid October for the DVD/Blu-ray release of How to Train Your Dragon, and that came out like a half year before Scott, lawly.

-Blur

I have to admit, when I first saw the trailers nothing really enticed me to go. (Aside from Ramona's hair because I was a bit " OMG! Someone with pink/blue hair!) Svend then went and bought the first 3 books so I started to read from there. Utterly awesome. I was hooked. I've seen the film 3 times now and have also bought all the books myself as well as the game. Completed that and am now hooked on Horror Survival Mode. I get really into films that I like but this is on a whole new level. Totally want a Sex Bob-omb and a Ramona plushie for my birthday!I actually could just keep gushing about this film over and over again.

I was hoping for audio commentary by O'Malley and this does not disappoint.

I honestly would have liked for the animation to appear on the DVD, though.

I was hoping for audio commentary by O'Malley and this does not disappoint.

I honestly would have liked for the animation to appear on the DVD, though.

I saw on a different link somewhere when snooping around that the animation was going to be on there actually, =U. Hope it is too. I mean, it's not much really, but it's really enjoyable to watch.

-Blur

A little bumpage, but good news everyone!

Was watchin' AotS the other night and noticed on the bottom feed thing that it said Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is already coming to DVD and Blu-ray in November.

Yeah, November 9th it seems, <3.

LinkMcClicky

Looks like there'll be a shit load on the DVD too. I'm just happy it's coming before Christmas. Which is crazy, since it's taking all the way until mid October for the DVD/Blu-ray release of How to Train Your Dragon, and that came out like a half year before Scott, lawly.

-Blur

Well, since that movie comes out after my B-Day, I'M GETTING THAT SHIT FOR CHRISTMAS :D!

• 1 month later...

I've just read on Wiki that the DVD + Blu-Ray come out on Nov. 9th (my birthday!)...in the States. We in the UK don't get it until fucking DECEMBER 27TH.

Anyone know where to find a decent multi-region Blu-Ray player? :P

Well this is a sweet coincidental bump. I finally saw the movie on Friday after 10 months of anticipation due to international releases being shit.

I loved everything about it. Holy shit.

I'm importing the fuck out of the Blu-Ray when it comes to America. Hopefully it'll be region-free, like all other Universal Pictures movies. I just can't wait until it comes here in Sweden, which probably wont be until next year.

Anyone know where to find a decent multi-region Blu-Ray player?

This movie alone has made me looking into this, and as far as I know the only way to have a region-free player is by third party mods. However a good deal of Blu-Ray actually is region-free, and if you already have a player, this movie will be distributed by Universal, and so far they haven't released any region-locked movies.

Edited by Columind

This movie alone has made me looking into this, and as far as I know the only way to have a region-free player is by third party mods. However a good deal of Blu-Ray actually is region-free, and if you already have a player, this movie will be distributed by Universal, and so far they haven't released any region-locked movies.

That's a relief to hear, I'll probably just buy a regular one and pre-order it from somewhere online then. :D

Scott Pilgrim is a fucking outstanding series that perfectly expresses are current modern day (Nerd) society.

Now my opinion on Scott Pilgrim has changed and yup I like him! I had the opportunity to play the Scott Pilgrim game at a friend's house, by the way my friend is fellow SSMB member Dark Kaiban. It's quite an addicting game and the co-op mode is pretty fun. I might consider reading the comics and getting more into Scott Pilgrim. Good stuff!

Oh fuck me. Fuck me. Why did I have to go out and buy all of the fucking volumes last month. Whyyyyyy. My rage, it is of the utmost potency.