Awoo.

Scott Pilgrim vs. You

Sean

Oh fuck me. Fuck me. Why did I have to go out and buy all of the fucking volumes last month. Whyyyyyy. My rage, it is of the utmost potency.

Why couldn't they have released this around the theatrical release?!??!

Yeah this is fucking heresay. No doubt people went out to stores to pick up the graphic novels at the time the movie was released. I know I did. I guess Oni needed people to buy volume 6 alone before announcing a box set, but still...

More money to spend, then. I should've held off on buying those volumes because like Blur said, this is probably going to be stupid cheap compared to buying them all individually.

Today's the day! I'll be getting the DVD after class. Fuck Sonic Colors, this is what I've been looking forward to buying.

I would have gotten the Blu Ray today, but I don't have the cash right now. I frickin' want this Blu Ray, damnit.

Also, does anyone care about the DLC for the game that's being released this week?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Some comments on a few of the deleted scenes:

* The only one I feel they could have kept and not suffer from pacing issues is "Nega Scott the 1st". At the same time, it's still not needed since Ninja Ninja Revolution already handled the foreshadowing.

* That alternate ending is what TV Tropes describes as an esoteric happy ending. In other words, it's emotionally wretched! Thank allah they went with the newer one.

I LOVE Scott Pilgrim~ <3 I saw the movie (LURVED IT, a geek's wet dream X3), read the comics (LURVE IT!), played the game (Well, for a bit, and it's coolies)...wahaha, everything!

I'm definitely getting this on DVD next month, but I wish I could get the Blu-Ray version. Apparently that one has got way more features! >3< *doesn't own Blu-Ray player*

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to look for some Scott Pilgrim shirts online. :3 I want one~!

PS: Hmm, it's a shame the film didn't do well in the Box Office but I can understand why. This film's target audience is teens, young adults, gamer geeks, comic book fans, internet surfers, hipsters, err..otaku even? Mmyeah. >.>

Blu-ray version has 700x more special features, but the DVD doesn't skimp out on them, either. Along with a trivia track, deleted scenes, and shitloads of supplemental images, it features four commentary tracks, by cast and crew alike. Wowzers!

Even though it bombed, the film did really good in the box-office to be fair, 45 million dollars is quite a feat. Its budget was on the 60 million all around. The only downside was they had Sly Stallone on speed dial.

Compared to say, Kick-Ass which only had around about 15 million its first month or so, this fared much better in the cinemas but it didn't have as much of an easy ride due to the budget. Although, probably like Kick-Ass, the revenue will more than likely skyrocket upward with the DVD and Blu-Ray sales. It's sort of made for something like that.

• 1 year later...

CHAOS WARP GAINED THE POWER OF BUMP! *pulls flaming sword out of self*.

So yeah, Scott Pilgrim. Ordered the whole series from the library, so far only 1 to 4 have came in and......holy shit.......5 and 6 need to get here as soon as fucking possible. It's awesome. Have not seen the movie or played the game yet, but now I want too (I will avoid both until I've finished the book series because of spoilers).

Edited by Chaos Warp

The cover of the DVD says "Prepare to have a new favourite movie". Scott Pilgrim vs The World is now my favourite movie. Well played, DVD cover, well played indeed.

And the movie got me to order the comics, which are highly entertaining, so more money to Bryain Lee O'Malley. He totally earned it.

• Thumbs Up 6

My internet best friend was one of the artists on the final book. I know someone who has done something semi-famous!

So I also just got the game and.....holy shit........it's an awesome game! Great retro beat-em-up action, and the Scott Pilgrim universe was really brought to life as you truly imagined it! It's great.

this thread reminded me i should reread the comics, wish my dumbass friend didn't lose books 2 and 3

but not rewatch the movie though, i've only seen it like 32 times, every 3 months or so, god I love SP everything.

has anyone read Lost At Sea, also by Malley? Plot sounded intriguing to me.

So I also just got the game and.....holy shit........it's an awesome game! Great retro beat-em-up action, and the Scott Pilgrim universe was really brought to life as you truly imagined it! It's great.

Yeah, the game's awesome. Gameplay's great and the music (by one of my favorite bands, Anamanaguchi) is stellar.

So I just watched the movie, and I thought it was great! It's not without it's flaws though. Here are some thoughts.

Cera's portrayal of Scott needs work. The way Cera reads some of the lines in that certain, "awkward" sounding tone, it makes him seem extremely, well, awkward. In the comics he does not really come off as that awkward. He's really more of a cocky douche then awkward in the comics. He got the Badass Scott down well, but the Regular Scott....well...still needs work. On a positive note, Ramona got a great portrayal from her actor. Little less sarcastic and we are golden.

They also inserted some quotes/scenes/etc from the comic in the wrong place (Example: Ramona hugging Gideon Graves, then going, "Let's both be girls!" and then ball-kneeing him, while in the comics, that scene took place with Envy and Todd). It works okay most of the time, but it just seems slightly jarring to me, a person who has read the comics. I mean, I'm happy they remembered them, but I would have rather either the actual scene have been there, or the quotes not there at all.

On a positive note, I think the movie handled the 1up scene better then the book (like Carbo mentioned earlier in this topic).

Book: Scott uses extra life, comes back to life, hooray.

Movie: Scott uses extra life, repeats level, corrects all his mistakes, earns more powerful sword, kicks ass.

Another thing: Where's my Nega Scott fight? I was expecting it to be a "You defeated all the exes, but you can't run from your problems; your negative self; forever!", kind of deal, but nope, just them walking out of there like bros. I think they could have done similar to the comics, except insert Ramona and Knives instead of Kim trying to convince him to stop running away from his problems, and then the big embrace/absorption (this also would have been a good time to insert Scott's big apology to Knives and Ramona as well, seeing he "embraced" his problems instead of running away from them). Heck, they still could have kept the "be friends", thing, except they convince Scott to stop fighting, and then they become friends.

But overall, it's still a great movie. While it contains some plot differences (not really a bad thing, but some people really can't stand this, myself not included) portrayal slip-ups and missed opportunities, it still gets the overall feel and tone of the series right, and the video-game references (count all the Sonic chimes they used!) and awesome video-game inspired action scenes are awesome and quite true to the book.

Overall, great film for Scott Pilgrim fans and for nerds, heck, just people in general.

Edited by Chaos Warp

My fangasm posts in this topic are really embarrassing. I shouldn't be allowed to publicly talk about things I'm periodically obsessed with.

Still love the shit out of Scott Pilgrim though. I think it's time I re-read/watch them again.

Got to meet Bryan last year at Comic-Con, he signed my vol.1.. hopefully he'll be there again this year and he can scribble on my vol.2

I saw the movie at the theater to begin with, it was a visual feast but not knowing any actual back story I had a real hard time enjoying it.

I got the game shortly after wards and it was fantastic (apart from the random freezes which are now fixed) then my wife got me the books for my birthday. 1 to 5 were an awesome read, 6 was kind of a let down, he didn't really "get it together" at all..

I told myself I'd rewatch the movie after I was done with the books, so I'll pick it up eventually.

One of my wifes friends is a pretty hardcore fan, she has a couple of posters n' related things in her room.. I made her a Power of Love sword out of a bokken, a few heart shape wood cut-outs and some chrome paint