• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• Spark

• Blue Blood

• Solly

Top Posters In This Topic

What worries me though is the fact that they didn't talk about how the controls responded...

Did the guy really just suck? Or did Kinect not pick up his movements properly?

Or was it both?

What worries me though is the fact that they didn't talk about how the controls responded...

Did the guy really just suck? Or did Kinect not pick up his movements properly?

Or was it both?

The guy playing sucks at it, compare this to previous playtests from other sites and you'll see. The controls are near perfect in other playtests, come release they'll likely be much better.

The player simply doesn't know what he's doing. He just let's Sonic float in the swimming part.

*crickets*

:P Thanks

Actually, what is that item Sonic's holding at around 20 seconds in on that second vid? Does it spray ink or smoke or something?

Edited by Blue Blood

*crickets*

:P Thanks

Actually, what is that item Sonic's holding at around 20 seconds in on that second vid? Does it spray ink or smoke or something?

It's been shown in past playtests, it sprays ink at your opponents. If the thing hits you, then you have to make wiping motions with your hands to get rid of it.

Got to play it yesterday at the press-only day.

The game will be public by the way, it's at the Microsoft booth.

It's fun to play, but I think this won't be more than a party game. Everyone of our group (was there will the guys from Sega-Portal and SegaStuff) got to play one lap. I was the first, so I got to choose character and board. Hell, the controls are a mess... Well when I finaly got to play, it was awesome.

Jumping, boosting and all that is great. I got a golf club item as well, but couldn't use it.

I hope my gameplay video is alright, a friend filmed, so I didn't see it yet.

Got to play it yesterday at the press-only day.

The game will be public by the way, it's at the Microsoft booth.

It's fun to play, but I think this won't be more than a party game. Everyone of our group (was there will the guys from Sega-Portal and SegaStuff) got to play one lap. I was the first, so I got to choose character and board. Hell, the controls are a mess... Well when I finaly got to play, it was awesome.

Jumping, boosting and all that is great. I got a golf club item as well, but couldn't use it.

I hope my gameplay video is alright, a friend filmed, so I didn't see it yet.

But this video uploaded this morning shows it's sealed off from the public and demonstrated by SEGA staff like at E3 :huh: -

Good to hear you liked it and I look forward to seeing your gameplay video, thanks a lot :)

This video above is at the public booth. We had to wait in a queue behind it (we're almost the only one's for Sonic, the staff team always tried to convince us to test Dance Central, but nobody wanted :D). I don't know how it's managed today, because I was there for just one day. The press-only day is enough to play all games I wanted, I just didn't get to play Zelda: SS.

I'll ask the others who are still there today, if the booth is public ot not.

I also got to hear the developers of Sonic Free Riders are the same team, who made Shawn White Snowboarding. Don't know if this is true, but it's an intreseting rumour.

This video above is at the public booth. We had to wait in a queue behind it (we're almost the only one's for Sonic, the staff team always tried to convince us to test Dance Central, but nobody wanted :D). I don't know how it's managed today, because I was there for just one day. The press-only day is enough to play all games I wanted, I just didn't get to play Zelda: SS.

I'll ask the others who are still there today, if the booth is public ot not.

I also got to hear the developers of Sonic Free Riders are the same team, who made Shawn White Snowboarding. Don't know if this is true, but it's an intreseting rumour.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've edited my article on the front page :lol: Don't know about that rumour, the Xbox.com product page used to list the Sonic Free Riders developers as O-Two before they edited it to Sonic Team. O-Two have made this list of games, which includes Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity and plenty of games I've never heard of :lol:

The guy playing sucks at it, compare this to previous playtests from other sites and you'll see. The controls are near perfect in other playtests, come release they'll likely be much better.

I wouldn't call having trouble with using power-ups near-perfect.