Awoo.

Which Sonic Characters do you think are mean/bullies?

Jus Me

Well I used to dislike Blaze because she was a b---- and she was being rude to people who were trying to help her. She was mean to Cream at first, but at the end of the game, I tolerated her.

Then when I watched the Sonic the Hedgehog '06 clips, Blaze grew on me and I started liking her.

I think Silver and Shadow are bullies. Sometimes I like SilverIn Sonic Rivals 2, Silver called Tails "half-pint" and took the rings that Tails collected.

I like/dislike Shadow because he was selfish and a bully on Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Blaze doesn't mean to be rude though, I think she just doesn't know how to talk to people. She avoids them before Sonic shows her she doesn't have to.

Same with Knuckles. He's independent to the point of angering someone else. But he's not a bad guy.

Vector's got bully potential because of the way he talks. He was quick to jump into fights in Heroes, but everyone was in that game.

I could see Rouge being cruel just because she wants to, but I can't think of an example right now. Out of the friendly cast, she's probably the least moral.

I think Silver and Shadow are bullies. Sometimes I like SilverIn Sonic Rivals 2, Silver called Tails "half-pint" and took the rings that Tails collected.

In addition to Dab’z line of thought, I wouldn’t call Silver a “bully” either, he’s just more of a greater-good kinda guy (even if he did question his own motives in 06). As far as he is concerned, if he is saving the future planet, than he can forgive himself for busting a few heads along the way. Silver just doesn’t always allow courtesy and politeness to stand in the way of objectives that he believes must be done. It’s actually a fairly heroic quality in its own weird little way.

Don’t know if I agree about Bully potential in Vector though. He is also a very kind spirit in the games, using his brains as much as his brawn. If I remember correctly, (I might be unknowingly merging continuities here), Vector has a tendency to take on Charity cases.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amy's a bully. She tries to come off as the sweet, innocent young girl (and she did that well enough, for a time), but she kind of went off the deep end and her relationship with Sonic started to look like a choice between marriage or murder.

She's on an upswing, tho', so hopefully we won't be seeing much of that anymore.

Amy's a bully. She tries to come off as the sweet, innocent young girl (and she did that well enough, for a time), but she kind of went off the deep end and her relationship with Sonic started to look like a choice between marriage or murder.

She's on an upswing, tho', so hopefully we won't be seeing much of that anymore.

-------------

Well she sounds like a crazed stalker to me and her violence & naivety overshadows her kindness..who exactly has she bullied??

Edited by Jus Me

Don’t know if I agree about Bully potential in Vector though. He is also a very kind spirit in the games, using his brains as much as his brawn.

This might be a first impression thing with me. I remember Vector being the most confrontational out of all the teams in Heroes. But a good case for Vector is his ending in Shadow's game. He tried really hard to cheer Shadow up. Speaking of Shadow... this cutscene is just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLUrcMrccA

My bad. I was trying to respond to someone else. But I agree. Knuckles is a nice guy, but his temper. And I do see bullying potential in Vector. I don't think Rouge will bully, but she's greedy, manipulative, selfish, and flirty at the wrong times.

Blaze doesn't mean to be rude though, I think she just doesn't know how to talk to people. She avoids them before Sonic shows her she doesn't have to.

Same with Knuckles. He's independent to the point of angering someone else. But he's not a bad guy.

Vector's got bully potential because of the way he talks. He was quick to jump into fights in Heroes, but everyone was in that game.

I could see Rouge being cruel just because she wants to, but I can't think of an example right now. Out of the friendly cast, she's probably the least moral.

Edited by Jus Me

This might be a first impression thing with me. I remember Vector being the most confrontational out of all the teams in Heroes.

I can see that, but this is precisely why I, and many of you out there, simply push Heroes under a rug when it comes to characterization. Man that game was out there. Its seriously the only game in the series on par with Battle on that front.

In addition to Dab’z line of thought, I wouldn’t call Silver a “bully” either, he’s just more of a greater-good kinda guy (even if he did question his own motives in 06). As far as he is concerned, if he is saving the future planet, than he can forgive himself for busting a few heads along the way. Silver just doesn’t always allow courtesy and politeness to stand in the way of objectives that he believes must be done. It’s actually a fairly heroic quality in its own weird little way.

Don’t know if I agree about Bully potential in Vector though. He is also a very kind spirit in the games, using his brains as much as his brawn. If I remember correctly, (I might be unknowingly merging continuities here), Vector has a tendency to take on Charity cases.

---------

Well true, true. I just felt he was a bully because Tails is like 8 or something and Silver calling Tails "half-pint" and stealing his rings makes him appear to be a bully. Wikipedia said Silver can be rude, bossy, and have a bad temper. But he isn't always mean though. In Sonic The Hedgehog '06, he wasn't that bad (when he wasn't trying to kill Sonic).

Well true, true. I just felt he was a bully because Tails is like 8 or something and Silver calling Tails "half-pint" and stealing his rings makes him appear to be a bully. Wikipedia said Silver can be rude, bossy, and have a bad temper. But he isn't always mean though. In Sonic The Hedgehog '06, he wasn't that bad (when he wasn't trying to kill Sonic).

All true stuff, but “bully” has to be put in perspective. If I was Tails, bully might come to mind in that instance, but since we, as the players, get the full scope we know that Silver did it with good intentions. It’s not like he wanted to just take Tails rings because he could. In retrospect, he did what he had to do. Even when he was out to kill Sonic, he had his regrets and second thoughts and even hesitated when he did have a clear shot.

Knowing what we do about the events of the series, its hard to put a bully tag on any of the characters, as each of them acts inside a fairly specific agenda at all times. If you really were looking to classify someone under that tag, I could see Amy in her more drastic interpretations, and Omega whom certainly enjoys beating up on “worthless consumer models”.

Yeah, I’d nominate Omega in a heartbeat. Eggman too, although he isn’t as effective as his creation.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else's opinions so far - there's very few individuals in the series, if any, that could outright be defined as "bullies". Sure, a character can be less than nice at times, but for the most part the main cast members do so because of their determination to reach a certain goal for a greater good. Nobody really goes out of their way to pick on people; I could see Rouge, perhaps, as someone who might make a snarky remark or two - but she's not a full-blown bully. Johnny's certainly an overly-confrontational prick... but I wouldn't call him a bully either. SA-55 likes to poke fun at Eggman, but not a bully. Mauro likes to cause trouble for Denise, not a bully...

owait! Disregard everything!

Wave can be a total freakin' bitch whenever she feels like it. She disses Tails in front of his closest friends, tells him (an 8 year old boy with some confidence issues) that his invention sucks, straps a bomb onto it, and walks away laughing at his perceived patheticness. She frequently quarrels with and beriddles her co-worker Storm (S-U-C-K, SUCK.) and is generally all-around unpleasant towards just about anybody whom she dislikes. She's not a very nice person, no.

She's also apparently rivals with Rouge. Can you imagine a dispute between the two? Ohhhh maan.

Oh, and yes, I agree that Omega's a bully too. Sure, the Egg Pawns and the rest of the E-1000 series gang might be his successors, but calling them "Worthless consumer models" just because of that was totally uncalled for. Blame the Eggman, not them. :c

Edited by HunterTSF

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else's opinions so far - there's very few individuals in the series, if any, that could outright be defined as "bullies". Sure, a character can be less than nice at times, but for the most part the main cast members do so because of their determination to reach a certain goal for a greater good. Nobody really goes out of their way to pick on people; I could see Rouge, perhaps, as someone who might make a snarky remark or two - but she's not a full-blown bully. Johnny's certainly an overly-confrontational prick... but I wouldn't call him a bully either. SA-55 likes to poke fun at Eggman, but not a bully. Mauro likes to cause trouble for Denise, not a bully...

owait! Disregard everything!

Wave can be a total freakin' bitch whenever she feels like it. She disses Tails in front of his closest friends, tells him (an 8 year old boy with some confidence issues) that his invention sucks, straps a bomb onto it, and walks away laughing at his perceived patheticness. She frequently quarrels with and beriddles her co-worker Storm (S-U-C-K, SUCK.) and is generally all-around unpleasant towards just about anybody whom she dislikes. She's not a very nice person, no.

She's also apparently rivals with Rouge. Can you imagine a dispute between the two? Ohhhh maan.

Oh, and yes, I agree that Omega's a bully too. Sure, the Egg Pawns and the rest of the E-1000 series gang might be his successors, but calling them "Worthless consumer models" just because of that was totally uncalled for. Blame the Eggman, not them. :c

Well I don't think Omega is a bully. He's just arrogant, REALLY arrogant. He's just angry that Eggman neglected him.

And Wave has self esteem issues. I agree with what Wave had to say about Storm because Storm is very stupid and annoying. He likes to start stuff too, and he tried to pick a fight with Knuckles. He is worthless, in my opinion.

I mean I dislike most characters who come for Tails because Tails reminds me of myself. Tails needs to build up his confidence though.

And as far as Wave having a dispute with Rouge, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out Wave started it, because Wave is the type of person with a smart mouth. I mean she started with Knuckles by calling him a red mutt.

Edited by Jus Me

Aw, how could I forget Wave. Yeah, I think she could fall under that category too. (but you could make in argument otherwise because she treats her “friends” in a generally poor fashion as well.) Her personality is interesting to say the least.

I mean I dislike most characters who come for Tails because Tails reminds me of myself. Tails needs to build up his confidence though.

You should really pick up Chronicles then. After he finishes reminding you to save your game for the billionth time, the kid really grows up and turns into a field commander. *sniff* I was so proud of the little guy. Made trudging through the game completly worth it.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Aw, how could I forget Wave. Yeah, I think she could fall under that category too. (but you could make in argument otherwise because she treats her “friends” in a generally poor fashion as well.) Her personality is interesting to say the least.

You should really pick up Chronicles then. After he finishes reminding you to save your game for the billionth time, the kid really grows up and turns into a field commander. *sniff* I was so proud of the little guy. Made trudging through the game completly worth it.

Lol I really agree with you on everything you said. What's your opinion on Blaze, Silver, Shadow, and Jet?

Lol I really agree with you on everything you said. What's your opinion on Blaze, Silver, Shadow, and Jet?

I’ve already pointed out my stance on Silver, but I’d be glad to expand on him and the others a bit more.

Mini wall-o-text inbound.

Blaze

Blaze is one of those characters who has changed an awful lot over a very short time. Normally, that would make such a query a little bit more complicated than it has to be, but lucky for us we had an entire of game to analyze where she came from (the original Rush) as well as a deep and profound knowledge of the driving factor that caused such change (Sonic himself). When she first appeared on the scene, meeting Cream, she was very polite for someone so standoff-ish, and even was so much as dragged back to meet Vanilla. Her poor social skills and overbearing sense of duty got the best of her interaction with much of the rest of the cast, but all was done how she deemed it appropriate. (Depending on how one is to interpret Blaze’s origin) She has never had anyone to rely on, So even the more brash events of Rush don’t look so bad in retrospect. Of course, this is amplified by the end of Rush and SRA as we see Blaze really buy into Sonic’s philosophy and discard much of her former personality that resembled a bully. There are little things here and there, (such as how she reacts to Gordon when he refers to her as Highness), but that’s more out of precedence than to be mean. Kinda like how Tails hates Miles in many mediums.

Plus she is awesome. Therefore what ever she does = the right thing.

Jet

Ah, Jet is always fun to discuss, mainly because he is like Sonic to the extreme. Take Sonic’s love for freedom, brash stubbornness and cocky arrogance and multiply it by about a thousand and then throw in a pinch of greed and you pretty much have Jet in a nutshell. When you look at it that way, you really can see that his aggressive actions are just extensions of his overblown personality. He is very impatient, and vents his frustrations on the people around him. When he backs Amy into the corner for the Arc in Zero Gravity, he does so out of a feeling that what she had was his (it technically was anyway – not to motion he is a theif). When he pushed her to return it, much of his aggression could be attributed to his impatience with her misunderstanding and not some overbearing bully tactic. He even quickly forgot the issue for a chance to show up Sonic. Both Riders games have shown that when Bullying needs to be done, he usually seems to leave that to Storm (and allows Wave to do the dirty work). Jett can be considered a lovable douche, but I don’t think the bully label is fair to his personality or ego. Sonic mocks people, but he is no bully. Jet just takes things a little bit further, is all.

Silver

To pick up on Silver again, I also attribute a lot of what he does to his unique mindset. Its something Mephilies must have known that he could use to his advantage. His combination of a strong sense of justice and a naive sense of the world around him makes for a “malfunctioning loose cannon” kind of hero. Silver tries hard to do what he thinks is right, and since the stakes are often so high, he does his best to make sure he succeeds. If that means steal from world renowned heroes than so be it. Silver to me is less of a bully, and more of a greater good kind of fellow. He pushes his morals and his beliefs aside for what could possibly save something bigger than himself. In contrast to Sonic, whom carries his philosophy on a pillar and infects those around him with it, Silver is willing to swallow what he thinks is right (to a certain extent) in order to save others. Certainly not the qualities of a bully.

Shadow

Shadow is probably the trickiest of the bunch to pin down. Back in SA2, he was so focused on his objective that he never really got the chance to be a bully. His recollection of Maria did provide some insight that he was capable of caring, and he ultimately gave himself up to save the world. In his own game, several of the game path really did double dip into the bully territory, with many of the endings pretty much wrapping up with Shadow breaching a perimeter and subsequently beating the tar out of someone because he could. In the final story, he did save the world and choose to leave his past behind, so make of that what you will. Having basically reset his personality, 06 was the last big time look we get at Shadow’s personality, and though it ended up erasing itself, we do see what is was going for. We see Shadow instilling support in friends and we see him willing to work with a former nemesis (Sonic) to save the world. We even see him take pity on Silver and show him his errors. Shadow has come a long way, and the future points to him keeping his more calm persona. Shadow now only unleashes his power when necessary. He is the ultimate life form, so if he choose to be a bully, no one would be safe. The fact that he works for GUN now really speaks volumes to how he has chosen a new path. An honest one to boot.

After posting that, I feel it necessary to point out that I completely ignore Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle for many obvious reasons.

There you go guys. Rip my opinions to shreds. laugh.gif

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bullies? Hmm. Tricky one, as I think there are no outright "bullies" in the franchise, save Wave the Swallow. For the reasons many have stated. She's got an arrogance about her that comes across as highly annoying, especially in her interactions with Tails.

I used to think Knuckles was a bully to begin with, in his debut game, but again as Silver was misguided, so was he. People have also mentioned Blaze the Cat and I'm very pleased she has eventual redemption in Sonic Rush... and therefore quite surprised at her behaviour in Sonic Rush Adventure, as she was rather mean to Marine (that game's Cream) when Sonic and Tails were trying to let her down gently, RE: leaving her behind. I mean, there's tough love to protect somebody, and then there's making them cry... still, Blaze had good reason. She could just learn tact, I think.

Otherwise? Um... Dr. Eggman? :lol:

The discussion has gone on this long without any kind of mention of Sonic in Chronicles when mean/snarky dialogue options are chosen?

Sonic in Chronicles can be a bully of Wave's calibre under certain dialogue choices and even when they aren't selected he can be a snarky little twat. Of particular mention are;

- Commending Rouge when she insults Amy ("Good one Rouge!")

- Being a b****** to Knuckles and pouring scorn all over his competency regarding his Master Emerald guardianship. He got what he deserved when the others lept to Knux's defense.

- Occasional spiteful comments to Amy

- Outright insecure bullying towards Eggman

- "Please stop telling me to save my game." As short-tempered as Sonic supposedly is, I personally doubt he'd display that kind of curt behaviour towards Tails of all people.

- Snapping at Tails whenever the kid has anything positive to say about Eggman

- Going postal when Tails shows excitement at showing Eggman the technology in the Nocturne's Overmind disruptor. I can kinda understand Sonic's rage considering the nature of the device and Eggman's villainy (It's not a good idea to give the man any ideas afterall) but Sonic's outrage just seemed out there.

I'm sure there's far more examples than that. Sonic never struck me as the kind of guy that would antagonize others to that degree or do it for the upkeep of his own ego. He's a tease alright in the main series but never a bully like he was in Chronicles primarily from snarky dialogue choices.

Sonic.

Just watch the OVA, people. He's well mean to Tails.

Chronicles, too; Sonic's snarky comments he can deploy against his friends, and the snide overconfidence he shpows in fighting the Marauders, lands him squarely in bully territory. Sure, they may serve an evil empire, but Sonic seems to derive far too much amusement from the fact that he's stronger than them and he knows he's about to beat the shit out of 'em.

I'd say Silver is a bully as well. The fact that he pushes other people around "for the greater good" makes no difference to the fact that he pushes people around, and therefore is a bully. His attack on Sonic in Soleanna Castle Town is, I think, the best example; the cutscene where he's glowing green, floating down to deliver the coup de gras to his defeated opponent, just screams "kick him while he's down".

Also, all the Babylon Rogues, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, and anything Eggman built.

Not Blaze though. Certainly not post-Rush, and during Rush the fact that she didn't just pimpslap Cream into shutting the hell up makes her some kinda saint in my book.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

In response to Verte:

I agree, Sonic is a bastard (or at least, can be) in Chronicles. But I suppose two factors are in play here. Firstly, the element of RPG in allowing us to take on the role of 'being' Sonic, and therefore shape him as we like (so we can have a friendly Sonic, or a bitchy Sonic, one who 'likes' Amy, one who's mean to her and Tails etc...). So it can't really be canon, since he can't be all those different things at the same time. Secondly, I think it IS basically implied that Sonic changed a bit over the time between the present and this game. Other characters comment on it, even. He kinda became a git, being gone for ages then expecting to just step right back in as if nothing had happened. So yeah, I'm in two minds about Chronicles' Sonic, because we DO get to choose how much of an asshole he is for much of those examples... yet it is implied that he changed somewhat and isn't quite his usual friendly self.

In response to Frozen:

I disagree with the suggestion that Sonic's a bully in this movie. I thought the dynamic between him and Tails was awesome. It was realistic. Sure, he teases and jibes Tails a lot, and rolls his eyes at the fox's antics. But at the same time, he's so quick to defend him and also gives him plenty of praise when he pulls stuff off well, too. Also, you can see from their interaction, the way they do silly things together (like mocking Eggman), that they're the best of friends. Tails doesn't seem at all bothered in the long term by Sonic's brashness. As someone who is engaged to a person who is extremely blunt and enjoys ribbing the heck out of me, I can attest to the fact that being that way doesn't make someone a bully. It's only bullying if the 'victim' is consistently upset by it and no longer enjoys the other person's company. Tails is clearly perfectly fine with Sonic's brash attitude and can clearly take it, and even dish some back, so I fail to see how there is any 'bullying' going on. Teasing, ribbing, being a bit of a jerk, yes. Bullying, no.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails is a bully!

In the 2D games he's always picking Sonic up so he can fly, thus stopping Sonic from doing what he loves most: running. And he doesn't even feel sorry. Just look at his face! There isn't any pity at all.

>:U

Edited by MarcelloF

Tails is a bully!

In the 2D games he's always picking Sonic up so he can fly, thus stopping Sonic from doing what he loves most: running. And he doesn't even feel sorry. Just look at his face! There isn't any pity at all.

He's also a brutal taskmaster who enslaves 4 flickies and makes them do all his work for him whenever he goes Super.

:0

I'd probably say Jet is a bully. Seriously, the guy thinks hoverboard races make you the fastest thing alive, then mocks you when you think otherwise, and blows you up when you beat him at his own game. Seriously, what an asshole.

I'd probably say Jet is a bully. Seriously, the guy thinks hoverboard races make you the fastest thing alive, then mocks you when you think otherwise, and blows you up when you beat him at his own game. Seriously, what an asshole.

AGREE!!! I heard he bullied Amy. Sonic doesn't need a overboard to prove he's the fastest. Jet also has anger issues. I can't stand Wave either. She bullied Tails. Plus Storm is so stupid and worthless.

I'd say Silver is a bully as well. The fact that he pushes other people around "for the greater good" makes no difference to the fact that he pushes people around, and therefore is a bully.

What? I would say the ends defiantly justify the means. I mean, if a stranger knocked you over in a mad dash to save an orphan from getting hit by a bus, would you call him a bully because you scraped your knee? Of course not. Even if you did, you’d be drowned out by the chorus singing his praises.

If Silver has to throw his powers around to save the future, than so be it. If Sonic and Tails knew the full story, they probably wouldn’t have too much of a problem with what he did anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Big the Cat is a bully of the highest caliber.

He deprives those poor, defenseless fish of the wonderful, life-giving substance known as water, watching as they struggle (in vain) to escape home to their parents and/or children - and he doesn't seem the least remorseful about it.

Actually, he's not only a bully. He's also a murderer.

• Thumbs Up 2