Awoo.

MINECART RETURNS! (Japanese Site Update)

Blue Blood

33.jpg

His head is on fire.

lol

STOP DROP AND SPINDASH, SONIC!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

(Acts surprised like a kid that's already seen his presents before christmas.) 'Level looks pretty good. Infact, this is like your parents discovering the fact that you peeked at your presents, and actually getting you better gifts to surprise you on the actual day. Merry Christmas indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

(Acts surprised like a kid that's already seen his presents before christmas.) 'Level looks pretty good. Infact, this is like your parents discovering the fact that you peeked at your presents, and actually getting you better gifts to surprise you on the actual day. Merry Christmas indeed.

Exactly how I feel! Now there are actually aspects of Sonic 4 that I don't know about, which feels pretty good.

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

His head is on fire.

lol

STOP DROP AND SPINDASH, SONIC!

He's had worse:

388px-Satsr_sonic01.png

I must say, cut/paste Labyrinth Zone rehash or not, this does look niiiiiiiice. There's none of that Splash Hill plastic grass or similar unpleasantness ballsing up the graphics. And I'm loving the misty aqueducts in the background; really makes the stage look cool.

As for the torch: YES GOD YES.

This is an innovative, environment-related, level-theme congruent gimmick done correctly. Bonus points that it'll force you to slow down and actually platform, rather than SHZ boostpad-->boostpad-->spring-->boostpad SPEEEEEEEED.

This is about the best thing they could have done after excising the minecart. I r pleased.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks good.....but he doesn't have wheel legs in any of the new screens. I hope they really did make them appear as often as the classics.

Also I wonder if the level lights up when you're Super Sonic. I mean he does glow and all.

s3knqc.jpg

That face reminds me of weegee...

I'm going to guess this is part of the small updates that SEGA promised right? LLZ was already my favourite zone (music and ambience wise) and I am glad they (seems to) managed to make it even better, and I am really interested in that new gimmick, hopefully the level design delivers or that could end up in pretty frustating situations.

I also like the basketball design of the orbinaut, I am really diggin that burrobot *slapped*, but I don't like batbot, it seems to have the face of a cute fluffy kitten...

Also I wonder if the level lights up when you're Super Sonic. I mean he does glow and all.

=O

You know that's a pretty good question right here...

I also would like to know if they will include water segments while you are carrying the torch, and if that torch it's still on fire while you are in the water...

Edited by gato

The Orbinauts return as one of Sonic's most challenging Badnicks!

SEGA. Hire me to edit your website. Please.

All of this looks like a considerable improvement, and since Lost Labyrinth was my favourite of Episode I's levels already... woo. If this level of effort is put into the other changes being made to Sonic 4, I'll be very impressed. I'm seriously hyped for this game again in a way I haven't since the leaks. Nice one, Dimps.

I just wonder if Act 2's old music is going to be used in this new level. I loved the song, but it might not fit with a slow, methodical torch-carrying level. Maybe they'll swap it with the music from a different act?

Wow this looks nice. Minecart hopefully will be better and im liking this torch gimmick and the dynamite thing. LLZ is actually my favorite zone because it's so well designed on an aesthetic level and it does look very fun.

Edited by BD3

I just wonder if Act 2's old music is going to be used in this new level. I loved the song, but it might not fit with a slow, methodical torch-carrying level. Maybe they'll swap it with the music from a different act?

Act 2's music is still more fitting to this stage than the others. Either it's staying (likely) or we get a new track (unlikely), I think.

pic02_03.jpg

I was worried that Sonic wouldn't be able to show expressions as good as the sprites, but this pic gives me hope.

Oh, and

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but if you download the LLZ act 1 track from the site the fiel is called Zone3Act1.mp3 .

Just another confirmation that LLZ is after CSZ, if there still were any doubts about this.

Now THIS is what I've been expecting from Sonic 4; new, yet familiar environments, completely new gimmicks that work with the stage and add depth to the gameplay.

I always like LLZ for being the most original level in the game so far, and this update takes that even further. I'll no doubt have the most fun playing this one.

And I always liked that stages music quite a lot.

Edited by Black Spy

I always like LLZ for being the most original level in the game so far, and this update takes that even further. I'll no doubt have the most fun playing this one.

I dispute that anyone can have fun playing a Labyrinth-Zone-derived stage.

Bowel-clenching fear, yes.

Looks like the screens, badniks and music are your lot for today folks. No further info is being given on the blogs, not that I'm ungrateful with what we've been given of course :D

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/08/18/did-you-spy-a-little-sonic-4-update/

Still surprised that it's not a Thursday. This does mean that the updates are coming though. I'm expecting some blog entries that talk about the changes quite a bit in detail. They couldn't exactly talk about how LLZ2 has changed though, cause we shouldn't even know what it was like in the first place (but if we didn't it would never have changed =O).

Still surprised that it's not a Thursday. This does mean that the updates are coming though. I'm expecting some blog entries that talk about the changes quite a bit in detail. They couldn't exactly talk about how LLZ2 has changed though, cause we shouldn't even know what it was like in the first place (but if we didn't it would never have changed =O).

However, they could talk about how it differs from the Ipod version which is said to still have the minecart level.

It's nice to see they're putting in some genuine effort into fixing up the game. This is, presumably, an entire act redesigned and a new gimmick (two, if you count the darkness and the dynamite separate) added in, at the least.

However, they could talk about how it differs from the Ipod version which is said to still have the minecart level.

No-one from SEGA has said the iPod Touch/iPhone version still has the mine cart level, they simply said that version would have 2 exclusive levels that take advantage of the accellerometer. People took these words and thought that it must mean that version is getting lumped with it while the console version gets a superior modified stage. After seeing all of these awesome edits made after fan feedback, I'm quite curious to see if the iPod Touch/iPhone version's 2 exclusive levels may be something more than what we're expecting them to be.

Seriously, the visuals here look awesome. Sonic wielding a torch is a different gimmick, but I think it can work quite well. Definitely enjoying the look and the updates.

Awesome overall. ^^ Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (I only just heard about it yesterday and I almost died... I'd been waiting forever for a new Lufia game, even if it is a heavy revamp of Lufia II)... I must be in heaven or something.

Actually, despite most other people, I am looking forward to Sonic 4 more than Sonic Colors. But I'll wind up getting both on my Wii either way.

I look forward to Colors more then episode one of Sonic 4, but I look forward to Sonic 4 as a whole more then Colors.

Now that I get a proper look at Lost Labyrinth, I have to say it actually looks very pretty. :)

And the torch thing looks interesting.

By the way-

pic02_07.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that picture is hilarious?

Edited by Core

Terrorist Sonic ducking for cover? You're definitely not the only one who chuckled.