Awoo.

Planet Wisp in action

Detective Shadzter

Its a damn shame the guy with the camera is constantly panning out ans away, and the guy playing is shit.

Looks very pretty though..but thats pretty much a given anyway.

Thanks

It might be worth noting that the quick step is now performed when there's a little zig-zagged arrow at the bottom of the screen, simply by tapping left or right.

Thanks

It might be worth noting that the quick step is now performed when there's a little zig-zagged arrow at the bottom of the screen, simply by tapping left or right.

I saw that arrow, but I assumed it was just a notice. I got the impression it was telling you to double tap the analogue stick. If it's just one tap during the time that arrow is on the screen then I'm fine. This must be more of the simple and child friendly gameplay that Iizuka was talking about.

Yes, we're well aware that this is the Nintendo area genius. Focus on the screen.

(Thanks for the vid, Shadz.)

• Thumbs Up 4

SONIC BLAST OFF!!!!!!

Wow this level of Sonic colours looks freaking awesome the Wisp Rocket looks pretty awesome this game keeps on impressing me every0 time I hear & see something for it new roll on November XD

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so what can we learn from this.

-It looks like the rocket power sends you into skydiving mode when it ends. Maybe only in certain situations, as it doesn't happen the second time.

-Sonic's face and destroyable objects react like matter and antimatter.

-The "QTE"s now have congratulatory text to match the announcer.

-Running up a quarterpipe seems to launch you up at the end.

-The quick step is controlled by tapping the control stick left or right (you can see the player towards the end, and it looks like a single tap, not a double tap). It may only be usable in certain areas.

-When watching off-screen videos, both the player and the cameraman are always terrible.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah when the dude drifted away from the t.v. to the nintendo logo I was like "Put it baaaacckkk! Gosh!" Pretty nice to see this level in action.

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time

Till touch down brings me round again to find

I’m not the Hog they think I am at home

Oh no no no, I’m a Rock-et-Hog

Rocket Hog burning out his fuse up here...alone!

Awesome video! well...the video itself was bad, and the player awful. But its so awesome to see Planet Wisp and Rocket Wisp in action! Its my favorite so far! I thought it would be just a big jump, but it really is a rocket, and more secret passages FTW! I liked the diving parts and I also like how you have to be careful on some parts or you wont get to that special area and instead fall to the lower platform section! :D Cant wait to see more!

I don't like that they dumbed down the quick step.

Oh no! Now we can't use it anywhere... where it's useless and isn't needed... which... is an... issue?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yes that is a issue as I like dicking around with it, but I'm gonna assume it's different with the cube controller.

Edited by Omnis Kai Invictus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes that is a issue as I like dicking around with it.

Where?

I mean, it literally does nothing but harm in Unleashed outside of the areas it's meant for.

That's why it's called "dicking around" and not "being productive" or "making progress".

• Thumbs Up 2

That's why it's called "dicking around" and not "being productive" or "making progress".

I'm not even sure how you would do it though.

Do... you like, just stand there and spam it?

Well in long stretches I randomly quick step and I like the cartwheeling animation you could do at a standstill. Like I said just dicking around sorta like how in SA2 and SA2:Battle I would back step and somersault jump at any opportunity I had.

It'd be way cool if Sonic went into a skydiving sequence after he uses the new Wisp in 3D.

YES~

Thank you Sega! Best ideas yet in this game, keep it up for the 20th. Skydiving wherever you want to? That looks crazy fun. I also like the slick transition they use off the rocket Wisp. Sonic took off in what looked like a 2D area, but went into a 3D looking skydive. This game is so hyped for me that I want a sequel already.

Dabniks you just made me realized the potential for alternate paths based on using the rocket wisp in 2d and transferring to 3d for the skydive! I mean if we can skydive to paths in the background of 2d sections then it would open up exploration on a whole new level. Think about it It could lead to alternate 3D paths or 2d paths that could then branch off even more thanks to the power ups we know of.

Sadly I think I just Overhyped the game for myself...

Okay I just got back from gamescom cologne!

Got to play the new demo of Sonic Colours Wii. As I got the chance to play the E3 demo at SoS10, I can tell some diffrences to the new demo:

- Sweet Mountain Zone got one more act (the E3 demo just got 1 act I think)

- the new Sweet Mountain Act introduces the green wisp, the hovercraft wisp. (We also got some videos, we'll upload them soon)

- the green wisp changes Sonic's form to a green Kirby with spikes, sonic heroes-shiny effect included!

- when Sonic is in hovercraft mode, he can use the light dash to grab some ring-chains

- Quick Step, Stomp and Wall Jump are standart abilitys in all levels

- in Planet Wisp, there is a path where you have to use quick step. If you fall into the ground, there's no bottonless pit, just another way you can use.

- the rocket wisp needs no more describtion, you get see it in the video

- bottemless pits are still there, but only a few. An exclamation mark will appear if you get to close to one.

- the "new" title screen is old school! After the Sega and Sonic Team logos appeared, you get to see the space (Metroid Other M-like) and Sonic is running from one side to the other just like in the old Sega Mega Drive title screens (but no iconic "Seeeeeegaaaa!" shout out). Seems like this will be the new standart for all future games, which is pretty cool

- the Tropical Resort Boss was taken out of the demo.

edit: Sonic Colours was playable at the Nintendo booth. I found out that Sega of Europe managed to bring all sonic games to gamescom, only a few days before the start.

Sonic Colours DS wasn't playable.

Edited by Spark
  • Thumbs Up 4

- the new Sweet Mountain Act introduces the green wisp, the hovercraft wisp. (We also got some videos, we'll upload them soon)

- the green wisp changes Sonic's form to a green Kirby with spikes, sonic heroes-shiny effect included!

- when Sonic is in hovercraft mode, he can use the light dash to grab some ring-chains

- bottemless pits are still there, but only a few. An exclamation mark will appear if you get to close to one.

- the "new" title screen is old school! After the Sega and Sonic Team logos appeared, you get to see the space (Metroid Other M-like) and Sonic is running from one side to the other just like in the old Sega Mega Drive title screens (but no iconic "Seeeeeegaaaa!" shout out). Seems like this will be the new standart for all future games, which is pretty cool

That is very very awesome, thanks! What else can the Green Wisp do besides let you light-dash?

Cool, thanks Spark. That's some awesome info, shame the DS version isn't there though.

Spark....do you think you could take some video of the green wisp?

Edit: Alright, you already said you had em. XD

You made the front page, dude:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/08/19/rumor-green-wisp-revealed-at-gamescom/

Edit 2: Oh hey, you got a Sonic site? Guess I kinda stole your exclusive XD. Sorry. I'll link to your site in the post.