Awoo.

Alright.... Whose the artist?

Badnik Mechanic

Ok.. so I'm going through all my Sonic the Comics (Fleetway) and checking everyone of them for this list I'm making. When all of a sudden I get to issue 95 which was published on 21st January 1997... So if this person was really a child when they drew this... they should be a lot older and able to laugh at it.

However... when you see the drawing in question... I have to wonder if the person who drew this was actually a bloke pretending to be a child in a bid to win a prize. This picture was published in Sonic the Comic's Speedlines section and actually won some Sonic and Knuckles metal dog tags. Not sure how rare/valuable these things are, but they look kinda cool in the comic... unfortunately, the person who sent in the drawing never included their name or address. So the comic asked for them to get in contact... however they never re-published this info... anyway... who would like to see the picture?

Sonicpub.jpg

Ok... so... It certainly looks like a child has drawn it... But the case against it is quite strong....

* Why is Sonic outside a pub?

* Why is sonic excited that theres free beer inside?

* Why would a child draw Sonic at a pub and excited at the idea of free beer?

* Why does Sonic have a PINGAS? (Thanks to Blue Blood for pointing that out)

Mind you... in the strip Running Wild, STC did have Sonic in a pub... but anyway..

So.... The artist... Was it anyone here? Flyboy Fox I'm looking in your direction.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok... so... It certainly looks like a child has drawn it... But the case against it is quite strong....

* Why is Sonic outside a pub?

* Why is sonic excited that theres free beer inside?

* Why would a child draw Sonic at a pub and excited at the idea of free beer?

Perhaps the artist was an Irish child. ;)

• Thumbs Up 5

Going by the hands, it certainly looks like an adult could have drawn it.

Also, LOL! I never read more than a single issue of StC as a kid, but I remember laughing over and over at a really terrible drawing of Knuckles in the fan-art section.

Clearly it is a prototype design for Sonic the Werehog. See the stretchy arms, enlarged body and purple shoes? Obviously, Sonic Team came up with the idea of the Werehog while very drunk in a pub around the time STC was at its peak. They were too plastered to think of a better back drop so ended up using the pub itself. It was then sent into STC for SEGA to gather the fans reactions, which where probably quite negative.

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 4

Also, LOL! I never read more than a single issue of StC as a kid, but I remember laughing over and over at a really terrible drawing of Knuckles in the fan-art section.

In fairness, usually the kids who did send in pics were quite young, so it was to be expected... however there were a couple of really tallented ones and some 'older readers' who had some amazing art published.

But this one... it's just that the person who drew it put a pub in the picture and the free pints sign! Why a child do that!?

Perhaps the artist was an Irish child.

:mellow: The views of this user do not reflect those of the topic starter or any of the commentaries associated with this production.

Sonic has PINGAS in that pic...

Adult artist confirmed.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic has PINGAS in that pic...

Adult artist confirmed.

Holy cow! I didn't notice that at first! lol! That really does look like... something it shouldn't.

Good golly... why did they print it!? Doing this looking in all my old issues, I see the some names over and over again in the competition winners, but was the letters/pictures section really this lacking in terms of submissions?

Edited by Gnasher

Even the Werehog drinks to numb the pain of the night-time stages in Unleashed...

Ninja'ed by Blue Blood! LAWL. PINGAS! Calling it now...

LawlPingas.gif

You know it.

Edited by Nemain
  • Thumbs Up 9

It was me. I'm not even from Europe and have never read StC in my life... but it was me. Actually, I'm lying. I have no friggin clue.

I don't think that's a PINGAS.

Edited by Edge

I don't think that's a PINGAS.

Well no... obviously thats not what it is. It's his tail... but it's not exactly in the best place.

Well no... obviously thats not what it is. It's his tail... but it's not exactly in the best place.

I know, but it's not as bad as that Silver toy...

I know, but it's not as bad as that Silver toy...

Silver toy? Is it possible that I can get a link to that? I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

I'm never taking that figure out of the box...

Is it just me or do I always seem to find the crazy stuff?

You know, I don't think a kid would have added that much detail, like the pub, etc. I'd have no doubts that this was an adult who did it.

I got a pretty good laugh, though.

Edited by Sapphire

I'm never taking that figure out of the box...

Is it just me or do I always seem to find the crazy stuff?

You shouldn't.

Maybe crazy Sonic related stuff, but while going through my Walmart my dad found a Power Rangers toy that was supposed to be the green ranger on a motorcycle but it was replaced with some generic motorcycle toy that looks like it's about 20 years old on a Kawasaki. I would add a picture but I don't know how to get it off my iPhone 4...

So.... The artist... Was it anyone here? Flyboy Fox I'm looking in your direction.

XD Why me? Because I'm an awful artist? Because I'm an alcoholic? Because I'm a perv? Either way, it doesn't bode well for me X3;;

• Thumbs Up 1

Nemain: Brilliant! I haven't laughed so hard for ages!!

Also, does it look like Sonic is about to chunder in that picture? Either that or he's doing some kind of rave dance.

Very entertaining picture and yet I really do wonder if an adult drew it or not. Still I love how this is the picture that won a contest!

Still this was a great picture, and it did make me laugh for a few minuets.

well I;ve had my chuckle for the day. But why would a kid draw Sonic going into a pub?

Which is worse, drinking and driving, or drinking and running at the speed of sound? :lol: