Awoo.

Sonic 4 going to be at Penny Arcade Expo

Shaddix Leto Croft

4911866386_a2760dbea2.jpg

SEGA is headed to the Penny Arcade Expo, and we’ll be both on the convention floor and hosting an exclusive community event after the show on Saturday night! On the floor we’ll be showing off playable versions of our games, including:

Sonic 4

Sonic Colours

Vanquish

Conduct 2

Yakuza 4

Phantasy Star Portable 2

Valkyria Chronicles 2

Also in appearance is a look at the recently announced Shogun 2: Total War. In a guided demo, Creative Assembly will be on hand to show off the game, it’s features, and answer any questions you may have about the game! In addition to the Creative Assembly team, we will also have developers on hand from High Voltage Software. If you’ve got a question about Conduit 2 or Shogun 2: Total War, they’ll be on the floor to dish out answers and tell you first hand about the games they are creating.

We’ve got a big show planned, so head to booth #3625 and check out everything SEGA!

SEGA are going Penny Arcade Expo next month and I am really hoping that a newer build of Sonic 4 here hoping that Lost Labyrinth Zone will be on show along with Splash Hill Zone which people are getting pretty sick off seeing up to now and need something fresh to look at so here hoping that a new build will be on show and people are judge the physics (not that I care about that) and see where it will go from there :|

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Even if it is only SHZ (showing alll of LLZ would make it 50% of the game afterall) I 'd love for it to be a new build. That'll be our best way of seeing exactly what's changed so far.

They're showing off Vanquish there too? Hm. That's all SEGA have announced for Eurogamer so far. I hope they take the Sonic titles too, cause then all us Brits get to play as well!

Edited by Blue Blood

Yay, I can't wait for even more footage of the E3 build's Splash Hill.

But seriously, since this is in early September, perhaps we'll see a newer build since that's about the time we'll hear more about the updates. If not, that will be really stupid of SEGA to show off a messy outdated version of the game so close to release.

Ten bucks .. and a pack of Sonic stickers.. it'll be the E3 demo.

Yes, it was fun to play at E3 and nice to look at, but the demo is being moved from venue to venue as much as Lindsay Lohan goes from bar to bar.

On the other hand, it is almost fall.. would they want to make another demo so close to the games (possible) release?

• Thumbs Up 1

They did for Colours. The new demo has new levels, level tweaks, Wisps, hints and an updated interface. I'd be surprised if we don't see an updated demo at some point.

Edited by Blue Blood

The game is due out Late 2010, meaning late Oct, Nov or Dec. So, I think we should expect a new demo soon. Thanks for the update Shaddix!