Awoo.

More Sonic Colors Gamescom footage

Ruby Havoc

Nice. 'graphics, level design, and everything else looks great.

Also, I'm a sucker for smooth framerates. o3o Bonus points.

Edited by Ferno

Why's it gotta be so short...

This level seems to look nicer each time I see it (in half decent quality, anyway). Music sounds great too. And I like how falling in that hole towards the end just drops you onto a path that takes you back to (presumably) try again.

Edit: Hm, that platform on the left just as Sonic lands on the rails is actual ground (you can see a ramp at the end, to launch you onto the rails), but I'm not sure how you'd get over there. I can't tell if you can jump down past the spring leading to the wallrun section, or if the split is supposed to be somewhere before the video starts (then again, there's not much time on the clock when it starts)...

Edited by Diogenes

Cool, I see a 2D path or two. I especially like the music, which reminds me of Chun-nan plus maybe NiGHTS. In fact the colors are kinda like Chun-nan.

Oh god, that music is gorgeous.

Did Sega hire Tomoko Sasaki to join the team? Hahaha, probably not. But if she and Kumatani are doing Colors, then I'll have another Sonic OST to look forward to. This just reeks of NiGHTS.

Very happy with what I saw in this video. As much as I loved Unleashed, having more of exactly the same type of level design in this game would make me grow tired of the formula, I'm extremely pleased to see them adding in more platforming, alternate paths, etc. This looks really ace, the visual style is great as is the music so far as well.

Really, this is looking pretty spectacular. Makes you wonder what sort of awesomeness is in store for the 20th Anniversary.... Anyway, I really like the part near the end where the player misses the spring and drops down for two reasons:

1.) He doesn't fall into a bottomless pit of doom and instead continues on an alternate path.

2.) The alternate path doesn't just go forward from where you fall, it briefly sends you *backward* through a loop and then lets you continue forward. Its a small thing but its something that I don't think we've seen in recent Sonic titles.

(By the way the music is awesome)

Very happy with what I saw in this video. As much as I loved Unleashed, having more of exactly the same type of level design in this game would make me grow tired of the formula, I'm extremely pleased to see them adding in more platforming, alternate paths, etc. This looks really ace, the visual style is great as is the music so far as well.

I agree

I once asked my self (before sonic colors announcement), what if we had unleashed without the werehog? would it be a perfect game? i thought it would be boring

Unleashed without the werehog is a racing game, having a repeating level design won't fix any thing and rather make the game boring

sonic colors how ever has what the classic games has alternate routes,platforming and exploration and speed in 1 stage and not separated by some thing like the werehog (although i liked the werehog but i rathered a classic sonic game)

sonic unleashed level design would be boring :

"*GOOO* *Wooh!!!* *Fall on a random rail or ground out of no where in the air* *goes to a 2D Part* *boosts* *breaks stuff and every thing gets destroyed* *keeps boosting* *sonic screams Wooh* *Runs* *boosts* *drifts *runs* *sonic screams again Wooh!!!* *feeling good* *GOGOGO Sonic screams* *Unfair QTE* *comes back* *boosts GOOOO* *Boost WOOH* *Switches to 2D* *Breaks stuff while boosting* *Gooo* *switches to 3D* *Boosts gooo*"

sonic colors how ever is much better than unleashed day time levels (which the unleashed day time stages were more like racing game). alternate routes and platforming and speed in 1 play stage (in which its in sonic colors) wouldn't make me bored any time soon.

best thing in sonic colors that the wisps are optional yet amazing and the music is awesome

the rocket is just awesome. by the way i think this stage is a tutorial level for the rocket wisp since it only allows you to use the rocket, much like sweet mountain act 1 which was based only on drilling and tropical resort act 1 which was based on boosting (more like its a boosting tutorial) those i think are suppose to be tutorial stages.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The music reminds me of the Saturn's 3D Blast, mostly because of all the piano, but one thing that really strikes a chord in my nostalgia strings is that it REALLY reminds me of the Adventure saga music. I get vibes from SA1, SA2, and a little pinch of 3D Blast piano action, while still feeling new and of this day and age.

I haven't had this kind of vibe from listening to the music since those SA games, and it's touching.

Edited by Black Spy

So this is the game for the children while the big kids get S4? Yeah, SEGA. Way to understand your fans. THIS is the game we've been wanting.

• Thumbs Up 2

That music is amazing. I lol'd at ROCKET!!

ROCKET HOG!

Burning out his fumes out there, alone!

I can upload the footage on YouTube if folks want to view it without commercials and such? In 640x360 "high" quality too.

Very nice video.

Stage looks like a lot of fun, the music is full of win and we finally get to hear Roger's Sonic voice in action... albeit it only a few grunts! :P

Put simply - Sonic Colours, I love you.