Awoo.

Marketplace "Feedback" sub-forum?

PDorr

I know I don't have many posts, but maybe my suggestion will at least be helpful in some way. I want to start selling some of my Sonic stuff here, and believe me I KNOW buying stuff from someone like me who has very little posts can be a put off for many. This is why I would recommend a "Feedback" sub-forum for the Marketplace where people could start a separate topic for each person they trade with, and future trades that members have would be posted as a reply in their specific topic as a "feedback". This will allow members like me who may not have hundreds of posts to garner some feedback on the forum and let people know I am a trustworthy trader, and do the same for others as well.

For those that are unsure what I mean, here is an example.

1)Sonic does a trade with Tails, Sonic buys a plush from Tails.

2)After Sonic receives his plush from Tails, he will create a topic called "Tails" in the Feedback forum, and Tails does the same for Sonic by making a topic called "Sonic" and both users tell how their experience went trading with the other.

3)A few weeks later Knuckles does a trade with Sonic for one of his figures, and after the trade is complete Knuckles would go into the existing "Sonic" topic made by Tails and leave his feedback on their trade, and Sonic would create a new topic for "Knuckles" since it is his first time trading on the forum.

I hope this helps!

Well typically people leave feedback in the original topic that the seller made. With all my buying/sellings on here I also PM the buyer seller too. I know other people do the same. Be it both good or bad ( however I think I'm the only one to actually leave someone bad feedback) so it's always there for people to see.

When it comes to strangers buying or selling toot usually you can ask them for a reference from someone else as to how honorable they are, so there's always a way to get feedback of somekind.

Then there's the history of the actual user as well as how they appear on the forum, be it avatar, signature typing style, you can get a very good idea from how a person will be from all that.

But if you're joining here just to sell toot then your joining for the wrong reasons. There used to be a favourite line of mine back in my staff days when people were asking for simple answers to simple questions, "We're not a fast one stop Q&A shop!" or something like that I'd imagine it still rings true for the toot area. That's probably one reason why we've only had 1 dispute in the whole time that the toot forum has been open (that I'm aware of), everyone knows more or less what each other is like. Even if someone doesn't have 100 posts you still have a good idea, and if you as an individual would do business.

I think that selling toot shouldn't be a right the moment you get to the requirements, don't know about anyone else but I see it as being a reward for being a member more than anything. And before someone quotes my recent sugestion, I did that to try and increase activity there for replying to topics since it's not just buying/selling in there.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well typically people leave feedback in the original topic that the seller made. With all my buying/sellings on here I also PM the buyer seller too. I know other people do the same. Be it both good or bad ( however I think I'm the only one to actually leave someone bad feedback) so it's always there for people to see.

When it comes to strangers buying or selling toot usually you can ask them for a reference from someone else as to how honorable they are, so there's always a way to get feedback of somekind.

Then there's the history of the actual user as well as how they appear on the forum, be it avatar, signature typing style, you can get a very good idea from how a person will be from all that.

But if you're joining here just to sell toot then your joining for the wrong reasons. There used to be a favourite line of mine back in my staff days when people were asking for simple answers to simple questions, "We're not a fast one stop Q&A shop!" or something like that I'd imagine it still rings true for the toot area. That's probably one reason why we've only had 1 dispute in the whole time that the toot forum has been open (that I'm aware of), everyone knows more or less what each other is like. Even if someone doesn't have 100 posts you still have a good idea, and if you as an individual would do business.

I think that selling toot shouldn't be a right the moment you get to the requirements, don't know about anyone else but I see it as being a reward for being a member more than anything. And before someone quotes my recent sugestion, I did that to try and increase activity there for replying to topics since it's not just buying/selling in there.

Yeah that makes sense for sure. My suggestion probably makes sense more for a forum that has a centric theme around buying and selling, but like you said it is more of like a nice little side section to these forums so maybe an entire forum would be overkill. Thanks for the reply :)

Similar to the VGMM thing yeah? At the moment there are maybe 20/30 people who use the forum frequently - and everybody knows everybody, so it's not a massive deal yet. It will soon be in the future though, so I guess it's a matter of time before we have to invoke one. If you're unsure of anyone on the forum at the moment send Flyboy Fox or myself a PM.

T

Similar to the VGMM thing yeah? At the moment there are maybe 20/30 people who use the forum frequently - and everybody knows everybody, so it's not a massive deal yet. It will soon be in the future though, so I guess it's a matter of time before we have to invoke one. If you're unsure of anyone on the forum at the moment send Flyboy Fox or myself a PM.

T

Thanks T, I am liking these forums a lot so far it's not as intimidating as I though with the large community it has. I guess this answers my question this is /thread now.