Awoo.

Post Your Desktop

null

^ lol some people might prefer to have it in their native language? I know lots of people who can speak fluent English but would rather have their games/OS/etc in their native language because they just like it better *shrug*

No, I just like my OSes to be in Spanish. Besides, since I joined that MS beta program thingie, this is the first time that a multi-language beta is released without a spanish option.

EDIT: Beaten by Mollfie

Edited by DMNBT

^ lol some people might prefer to have it in their native language? I know lots of people who can speak fluent English but would rather have their games/OS/etc in their native language because they just like it better *shrug*

But it's a beta. The full Windows 7 will obviously have a Spanish option.

But it's a beta. The full Windows 7 will obviously have a Spanish option.

How do you know? Do you work for Microsoft?

I've read some bad reviews at Engadget about Windows going to limit users from opening no more then 3 applications to the home basic version.

1. Anti-virus

2. MSN

3. Internet Explorer

That's 3 down... Right there.

Edited by Foxy

I've read some bad reviews at Engadget about Windows going to limit users from opening no more then 3 applications to the home basic version.

1. Anti-virus

2. MSN

3. Internet Explorer

That's 3 down... Right there.

Actually, it's the Starter version that's limited to 3 applications (and 3 windows each). The XP and Vista Starters had the same limitation too.

Actually, it's the Starter version that's limited to 3 applications (and 3 windows each). The XP and Vista Starters had the same limitation too.
Then, there is no point to have a multi-core machine only to run this OS.

I think that Microsoft is making the "starter" version as a business strategy, since no one will want to starter version, they'll pay $100 more for the next edition, so Bill Gates and Microsoft is just a little bit richer, and your just a little bit more pissed off. Just brilliant!

Windows 7 starter is a wonderful idea. It will make more people switch to Mac & Linux...lol

Edited by Foxy

Then, there is no point to have a multi-core machine only to run this OS.

I think that Microsoft is making the "starter" version as a business strategy, since no one will want to starter version, they'll pay $100 more for the next edition, so Bill Gates and Microsoft is just a little bit richer, and your just a little bit more pissed off. Just brilliant!

Windows 7 starter is a wonderful idea. It will make more people switch to Mac & Linux...lol

If it's a business strategy, then they're doing it wrong, because the next version (Home Basic), around here costs only US$5 more. I've NEVER seen anyone with a Starter edition, if people need a version for low-end PCs, they get XP Home/Vista Home Basic instead.

Why? You can read English right? o.O

Quite honestly, if any of my computers, including the laptop I am typing on right now, was in English, I'd imagine having major difficulties using it. Especially a few years earlier in time, I wouldn't even have managed using it.

Anyhow, here is my current desktop:

skrivebord.jpg

Yeah, changed it again.

They need to make decent Sackboy toys. :<

post-59-1236912335_thumb.png

Edited by gunthetra

Are you running Windows on a Mac? Seems like it...

I am indeed running Windows on a Mac. It's a good alternative to running Windows, cause i'm not fond of using Bootcamp, which is another way to run Windows. Plus running Windows on an External Hard Drive is definately good.

Diz I love your current desktop picture that is a gorgeous one. Although I am unsure who the knight is...

Updated my wallpaper yesterday, but just updated my theme, so here is my new desktop, featuring Me! as Seen on Rock Band 2 :D

desktopmarch.jpg

Edited by The DJ

Diz I love your current desktop picture that is a gorgeous one. Although I am unsure who the knight is...

Lol, thank you! I am unsure who that is myself, though. I was thinking that, since Farrago was in an army herself way back in time, maybe they're going back to bring some companions of her to judgement. Ya know? Meh, just a silly theory of mine. If not, maybe the knight just being honoured to be approached by an angel. Also, I just randomly found the picture lying around on their site, but I liked it so I decided to use it. x3

And, whoa, a Rock Band fan! =0 Nice character. XD

^ Sweet desktop! Another person using the new beta Windows 7! =P

Picture1-10.png

I'm in a Beatmania mood all of a sudden, so I just wanted a military splash style desktop! I just wish they would release the IIDX 16 Empress OST sooner! :(