Awoo.

Christian Weston Chandler

Stacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZftcFPJYGZw

Wow, I have only just discovered the imfamous Chris-Chan. I mean what is wrong with this guy. No what is right with him? Nothing!

He posts disgusting, obscene and pointless videos of him talking about stuff that I might not be able to mention on this fourm.

I mean one of the main reasons why this is sort of Sonic/Pokemon related is because he created his own fan character Sonichu, imagine if Sonic and Pikachu were bread together and the end result would be Sonichu a Sonic/Pikachu hybird. Yeah not very original.

There is even a whole library of videos dedicated to his exploits.

Watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCWCvilleLibrary

He tends to blame his behavior on Autism or Asperger's Syndrome but lets face it someone with Autism no matter which kind wouldn't expose themselves like this on Internet.

It almost like Chis-Chan has no perception of what people think of him when admits obscene stuff or shows stuff like him wearing a womens bra reading out the Wikipedia page on Autism (Epic Fail)!

I am not trying troll or bully Chris-Chan but his behavior is just so faceplam worthy.

I haven't got anything against Man-Childs (I kinda am one of them) or anything but this dude needs to get help, his house is a dump seirously its full of trash in nearly every room his dad even came into his room and told him to take some of his videos off the internet that show his house because his dads if afraid that health services might kick them out!

I mean wow, this guy makes me ashamed of being a Sonic/Pokemon fan/man-child.

Discuss.

He's definitely autistic. But that doesn't give him the right to act like an idiot. Most of the blame for him acting the way he is can be put at the feet of bad parenting, but he's still choosing to do what he does.

I don't think we should give him any attention.There's millions of people like him on the internet, and all people are doing is encouraging him on purpose to get 'lulz'. (No, seriously, that's what a lot of 4-channers and ED people are doing, trolling him on purpose because they believe he deserves it.) I'm not sure we even need this topic.

Edited by Gerkuman

This guy is just... ...Disturbing... As someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, I'm actually quite embarrassed that this guy is a part of that lot. Seriously, I don't try to hide behind it, but rather embrace the complete lunacy. (This gives me a different view-point on the world, which I would not trade for anything.) Trust me... I actually try to make my videos make sense.

Wearing a bra while talking about autism? I agree with the host... You can't take this guy seriously.

I suggest giving some of my videos a view, if you want to see something made by someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, and yet is rather well put together.

For my example, the video the most views, that I submitted to Spoony.

I suggest that you give it a view. It's much better and more entertaining than what Christian is putting up.

Agreed, Chis-chan is kind of stupid to constantly fall for the bait thrown his way, but theres an entire community dedicated just to pranking the guy in as many ways as possible. When you have a huge load of people out to get at you like that well...

But, I think we can all agree at this point Chris has a whole NUMBER of social issues that were never addressed properly at a critical stage in his life. His parents don't seem horribly bothered that trolls contact them on a regular basis and almost accept it as a normal everyday thing now. Which is the sad part. Maybe if Chris had been raised with some understanding and love, he wouldnt feel so inclined to find a girlfriend and he might be in a better position in life

I think to parody his comic is fair game and all, but the crazy stuff 4chan does to him in real life is just a bit much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmyW9stnYs

The Sonichu audiobooks are the best way to read the comics ;P

CWC is a mentally disabled guy who hasn't been brought up well at all. His parents haven't given him the care he's needed over the years and his level of mental development is still that of a child. He isn't sick or whatever, it's the result of a natural adult sexuality mixing with a child's perception of things. It's disturbing yeah, but remember we wouldn't have seen half of this shit from him had he not been manipulated by people who wanted to have a laugh with him. It's a shame really, every time I see him I think he should be getting properly looked after so he could get on with improving his life; instead he's stuck in a house that's filthy as fuck and cluttered to buggery with aging parents who don't have the tiniest clue as to what they're doing. Fucking shame really. The only good thing really is that it's bloody hilarious at times.

This guy is just... ...Disturbing... As someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, I'm actually quite embarrassed that this guy is a part of that lot. Seriously, I don't try to hide behind it, but rather embrace the complete lunacy. (This gives me a different view-point on the world, which I would not trade for anything.) Trust me... I actually try to make my videos make sense.

He doesn't have Asparagus Syndrome, he has a much worse form of Autism. I guess saying you're better than him must be a confidence boost, right? To be honest though I think you picked a pretty poor comparison; how hard can it be to live a more productive life than him? You have very high standards!

He tends to blame his behavior on Autism or Asperger's Syndrome but lets face it someone with Autism no matter which kind wouldn't expose themselves like this on Internet.

There are plenty of people out there who aren't autistic who expose themselves on the internet. Usually someone who is this ill has proper supervision, so they don't end up being an internet laughing stock. My mother used to care for people who were mentally ill/severely autistic and one lady she cared for had a habit of stripping off all her clothes when she got bored. My mother wasn't told this when she took her on a little shopping trip so the lady ended up stripping off in the middle of the street, culminating in the fire brigade turning up to help control the huge number of disgusted and amused onlookers. CWC isn't a prick or a bad person, he just doesn't know any better XP.

Oh and I've altered the topic title, because it looks like it could be a series of topics about people on YouTube, and we aren't the kind of site that needs that sort of recurring material. There are plenty of places out there for teenagers to be complete wankers and we aren't one of them XP.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't think Chris-Chan is an idiot. He has autism, and he can't help it if his brain works differently than others. I grew up around autistic kids, and became friends with most of them. They all had their quirks, but the one thing that they all had in common was that they just wanted people to respect them, and treat them as real people, not underdeveloped idiots with no feelings. It breaks my heart to see all of these internet tough guys bullying him. Sure, the things he does may seem silly, but that's just the way he is. Us "normals" can't try to force everyone to behave the same way. What a boring world that would be! If you don't like his videos, simply don't watch them and move on. There's no need to harass him for having a little harmless fun, even if you think it's strange. Let's leave the poor guy alone, okay?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I tried to add him to my PSN friends list to play LittleBigPlanet with him a few years back.

It denied me because his friends list was too big. :<

It's guys like that who give autistic people like me a bad name. I can't stand people who use their autism as an excuse for every stupid thing they do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda sad that a lot of people here are giving him a completely free pass over what he does. Sure, most of it is caused by either the trolls, or the way his parents brought him up, or the fact that he's severely autistic. He deserves better.

The problem is that he can also be a git to people, and a lot of that isn't anything to do with his upbringing or his condition. It's why he's driven away the people who actually want to help him, because he doesn't seem to want to be helped.

As I said before, It's not really a subject I want to go into. It would be good if he could get the help he needs, but now he's an adult, no-one can do anything for him unless he wants them to. I think the best thing we could do for him is let him be.

Edited by Gerkuman

I'm kinda sad that a lot of people here are giving him a completely free pass over what he does. Sure, most of it is caused by either the trolls, or the way his parents brought him up, or the fact that he's severely autistic. He deserves better.

The problem is that he can also be a git to people, and a lot of that isn't anything to do with his upbringing or his condition. It's why he's driven away the people who actually want to help him, because he doesn't seem to want to be helped.

As I said before, It's not really a subject I want to go into. It would be good if he could get the help he needs, but now he's an adult, no-one can do anything for him unless he wants them to. I think the best thing we could do for him is let him be.

One of the main reasons why I posted this topic is because I was so ashamed of seeing a Sonic/Pokemon fan post obsecne pointless and overtly personal videos on the internet unaware of the abuse and humiliation they may recive from it regardless of Mental difficulty. The fact that he responses to trolls does show that is aware of the abuse he gets but keeps on posting anyway!

He continues to blame his behavior on Autism, which I think is wrong.

I have mental problems (who doesn't) myself I have OCD, dyspraxia and I may also have Aspegers Syndrome but I don't go and run someone over and blame it on my OCD because no one is coming to pat my back and give a me a get out of Jail card because I have OCD.

I agree he needs help and I agree that his aging parents are more likely to blame than his Autism. But surely someone from his local area has seen these videos and alerted Mental health authorites.

But I am sorry I am not giving this guy a get out of jail card becuase he has high functioning Autism there are plenty of people out there with his condition. Many explain to the public to make awareness of their condition but not while wearing a bloody womens bra, he knew what he was doing.

Still find it funny though.

It's not a free pass, lets see if I can explain a bit better though I think Roarz and Shadzter did a pretty good job.

Now Autism has several different kinds and variety of levels. These are mental disorders which at this point in time has been diagnosed with the subject having a larger brain. The thing is, while that may sound like a good thing, what it actually means is more unneeded space. Basically it's a larger brain but there aren't more brain cells meaning it's like a bigger brain with more paths to parts of the brain but not more brain cells to make up for the extra space. The exact causes has not been 100% proven, and there is no cure for Autism or the branching but similar types of Autism. Depending on the type of Autism or similar disease there are several mental effects it has on the person based on the severity, the type, and how they are raised. At best autistic people are almost no different than normal people besides a few slight handicaps and you wouldn't know they were autistic unless they told you. At worst they are, excuse the language, retarded and completely incapable of themselves. The difference in how it affects each individual is staggering at first, since there is a big difference between being perfectly normal and mentally disabled, but no matter what the severity is it affects everyone who has it. Chris is not to the point he is downright retarded, but his case and actions suggest he would be on the lower-half of the "functioning" side of Autism and related diseases spectrum.

It also doesn't help his parents don't seem like good parents at all. Their house seems a mess, they seemed to have spoiled him rotten, and haven't taught him things when he was younger that he needed to know as an autistic child to grow-up and learn more normally. As Roarz said he still has the complete mentality of a child who has grown up and experiencing the affects of an adult. In other words sexual feelings, moodiness, the coming of responsibility... But he is totally untrained or taught on how to approach these feelings as his standpoint is still coming from an autistic child's standpoint which can make it very, very creepy. However too many people jumped on the bandwagon of, "Look at him he's weird! He's creepy! He's different! Lets make fun of him!" so much so that it would take serious help to actually help him now since maybe in some twisted way from his child viewpoint he enjoys the attention (as children do) and believes this might all be normal or this behavior thanks to his autism is, "OK".

One factor that happens in many autistic children is they don't realize how other people feel. Not all cases, but what I do believe to be Chris's case, is they don't understand obvious social behaviors or actions and actually perceive others as feeling the same way they do. In other words they think everyone around them feels the same way they do about things as they don't understand simple social actions and such. More so he hasn't been taught to think any differently as his parents failed to teach him or help him grow up.

Is this a free pass for his actions? Not necessarily. But looking at him as some disgusting thing you're ashamed of is no better since to be frank it's not completely his fault either. However it may be too late for him to grow up otherwise. I myself am very fortunate since I was diagnosed early on as a child to have Autism Spectrum Disorder, but I have one of the best cases of it many doctors have seen as I don't show signs of social misunderstandings actually having a very good perception on people and how they feel, can socialize perfectly normally and actually have a knack for it too. I just have to work on a few areas it affected me, the main thing is while I talk normally mostly I have a bad tendency to mispronounce words more than a normal person. However I don't display signs of repetitive behavior (I can thank this to my spontaneous parents I'm guessing, I was raised going off whims of my parents so while I have things I like to do a lot I am perfectly fine with also getting up to do something new or out of the blue. Just yesterday we on a days whim took a cruise and went zip lining and got to practice my own driving skills on a golf cart). The thing I out-standed doctors the most back when they were studying me when I was younger (to determine the affects of autism on my behavior and the severity of it) was how much I understood people and new ideas taught to me. I would understand social ques normally and in many cases could understand a person and their motives better than most normal people can. Call it a gift I understand people and the ideas and feelings behind their actions and why they do things better than the majority of people, especially in action over text though. I have to say I would have to thank to my raising too. I grew up with a lot of people and always was interested in people, my parents helped me grow to understand people as well as friends I had when younger, without them I might have been a lot worse off.

Which is my point, Chris while seeming to have a more severe case in the first place also doesn't seem to have been raised properly to suite his needs or his understandings of things so he's even worse off than he could be. I am very fortunate in my case and I never take it for granted, but Chris wasn't as lucky both in the severity of his case and the way he was raised as an outcast and continues to be treated as such. While some of the stuff that comes out of it can be funny of course, in essence you're just further outcasting an outcast for being different and not raised properly and just making his adult-hood more dysfunctional for him to learn and grow up the way he needs too. A curious question that has come to my mind not often but every once in a while was, "What if I was worse off than I am?" After all I am just lucky to have had a better case and raised well to grow and be who I am. When you're born with something like this, you're with it for life. There's no cure or way to fight autism, the exact cause of why it happens is unknown and for anyone here your child could be born with autism too. People need to be aware of these type of things so they can help their child grow and find themselves and understand others to the best of their ability. Pointing and making fun of him or calling him a disgrace or, unsaid but treated as such, a monster won't help him and may not even get through to him since he also may just notice he is getting a lot of attention and likes the attention and would like to continue getting that attention so he continues to act that way. In other words, a destructive cycle rather than a productive one.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ever since I discovered Christian Chandler I have been fascinated by this man. Admittedly like the topic opener, I am somewhat of a manchild myself and after watching Chris Chan I began to realize that if I refuse to grow up I could end up like him. So I guess watching Chris Chan helped me straighten up my act.

The life of Chris Chan is quite an interesting one. He may have aspergers syndrome but that really doesn't give him the right to act like such a jerk and pervert.

Watching him is funny, yet at the same time it's very sad. From what I could gather, Chris has had a very sheltered childhood, and he never learned how to act around other people thus making him the sexist (towards both genders interestinglly enough) and a creeper.

I've actually found a video of Chris winning a Sonic contest at a very young age. Seeing Chris at a young age, he seems like such a sweet child, but once you realize that This is how he'll act at the age of 28, then it's almost disturbing.

In regards to Sonichu, I can only stand to read it with the audiobooks (The sarcastic Narration and Humorous riffing by the video's creator makes it more tolerable.) The art is horrible, the dialouge is cheesy, and the horrible messages and images the comics convey. Now, I'd be fine with the content if it wasn't for the fact that Chris Chandler expects this story to be aimed for children. I was disturbed by the issue where Chris Chan and his Sonichus were brutally murdering the creators of Asperchu.(An actual parody of Sonichu, but that's another story.) Such messages in the story were, "It's okay to have your child hack the limbs off of someone who's murdered your mother cause she would be proud." or "If someone makes fun of you, just brutally tourture them." Just... wow. And don't get me started on the sex scenes. Chris chan claims that he wants to teach children that crap because "they'll learn it eventually." Yeaaa, even if I wanted my children to learn sex, I'd keep them the heck away from a comic made by a pervert with a twisted view on sex.

Despite the laughs that Chris Chan dishes out, I can't help but find his history of how he came to be rather depressing.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was amusing at first, then cringy, then sad and now I wish the internet would move on and let the poor sod live in peace. Sadly I think he's addicted to his internet celebrity status now so he won't disappear himself but seriously, there's only so much schadenfreude one can squeeze out of a guy who's bolts aren't all that tight.

One of the main reasons why I posted this topic is because I was so ashamed of seeing a Sonic/Pokemon fan post obsecne pointless and overtly personal videos on the internet unaware of the abuse and humiliation they may recive from it regardless of Mental difficulty. The fact that he responses to trolls does show that is aware of the abuse he gets but keeps on posting anyway!

He continues to blame his behavior on Autism, which I think is wrong.

I have mental problems (who doesn't) myself I have OCD, dyspraxia and I may also have Aspegers Syndrome but I don't go and run someone over and blame it on my OCD because no one is coming to pat my back and give a me a get out of Jail card because I have OCD.

I agree he needs help and I agree that his aging parents are more likely to blame than his Autism. But surely someone from his local area has seen these videos and alerted Mental health authorites.

Not everyone can entirely overcome the quirks of their conditions. I have Dyspraxia and I didn't have it diagnosed till I was 20, this means I went though school without any support and my slower pace of learning and clumsyness (unable to do up buttons, put stuff on the right way, talking longer to learn stuff like math) was blamed on my parents. I'm still kind of clumsy, cant ride a bike and I have some weird social quirks (I dislike social "groups" due to my own experience, I'm a terrible wuss with people I think are popular but working on all that...)

Mind I naturally learned to adapt to some of my issues and socially I wasnt that badly off. My boyfriend has Hyperlexia which makes him extremely smart, but he can overload on too much info and he can't entirely understand the concept of being less honest to spare peoples feelings and other social issues. He's slowly improving but back when we started dating he was very keen to hide in handheld games consoles and the like in social situations, and unaware when he might be saying things people would take offense to. He's working on it but I understand he can't always help it

Chris is a bit like that but nobody really taught him how to deal with people as a kid, the wiki notes his dad is a strong silent type who isn't that affectionate, and somewhere down the line his mother just gave up and became a complete slob. When he gained his "e-fame" he was already over 18 and at that point no social or medical authority could step in for him. He's an adult and regardless of his state of mind, he can do whatever he wants unless his parents take him to some medical expert or something, but at his age mental issues are much harder to fix.

Specifically regarding the whole Sonichu thing...well, I'd like to say that after going through two years of hell at certain places on the Net as well as hearing about this guy so often, I have learned plenty of lessons along the way. One of them is to NOT be too obsessed about something you love...or else you may end up trying to force your opinions over others, as I've did once. =/

That said, this guy is FAR worse than me...and I do NOT want to be compared to him ever again. =/

It was amusing at first, then cringy, then sad and now I wish the internet would move on and let the poor sod live in peace. Sadly I think he's addicted to his internet celebrity status now so he won't disappear himself but seriously, there's only so much schadenfreude one can squeeze out of a guy who's bolts aren't all that tight.

I completely agree with what Flint said. Yes, some of his actions are inexcusable, but as Dusk said, it isn't completely his fault either. I just find it a real shame that his parents treated him the way they did and even more of a shame that no one intervened when he was younger when there could of been a better chance of fixing his problems.

The problem is that he's treated as a laughing stock on the internet, which I think contributed to how he acts now. It doesn't surprise me that he feels that everyone feels the same way he does, and I find it a real shame that is unable to understand that the way he is being treated is not ok hence why he enjoys his internet celebrity status.

Unfortunately, until someone does some serious intervention and tries to get him the proper help he needs, he's going to continue to enjoy his status on the internet due to him not understanding simple social actions. The trolls love to see him react when they point and laugh at him, and sadly it looks like it's not going to go away anytime soon. I'm just surprised they haven't run out of things to point and laugh at him about since like Flint said, there's so much they can squeeze out of him.

Edited by Kevin

I feel really sorry for the guy. Sadly, one of my guilty pleasures is watching CWC commentaries and Sonichu: The Animated Series.

I really want to be his friend but he's been betrayed too many times...

After reading some of the IRC logs on that wiki, assuming that is him, he actually seems pretty sane when people talk to him normally. Had he not been constantly trolled, I think he wouldn't be act as bad as he does now. Yes, there were other factors that contributed to his behavior (i.e. how his parents raised him), but I think the trolls just added fuel to the whole thing.

My little brother is Autistic.

He is a nice person, dislikes all forms of non-video game violence (as in, he can tell the difference between reality and fiction), he's well known and popular at his school within the first week because he's such a nice and agreeable person that everyone likes him almost immediately. He is very highly autistic, being almost unable to speak easily without using words or phrases he's heard from TV or other media, he also can space out for short periods of time, and constantly talks to himself and just about escapes into his head for a minute.

It is not an excuse to be a creep. And that's what this guy is.

Am I going to troll the fucker? Hell no. In fact, I'd rather let him fade off the internet. Do I think he has no excuse other than possibly a bad environment growing up? Fuck yes.

Well Kevin, I just watched one of his newest videos and it seems like after his absence of the internet for a few months he's actually matured a tad. He's starting to learn NOT to give out his personal info and such.

And I can see where you're coming from Nathan since I've got a 7 or 8 year old cousin who's autistic and is exactly the same way, unfortunately though, she's not capable enough to go into a public school, and if someone starts singing or playing a piano she'll freak out.

Edited by Edge

I think he needs to be put into some sort of productive program for people with mental/psychological issues. The fact that there's a bloody wiki dedicated to his exploits should be proof enough that this guy has way too much time on his hands. I mean really - from making a crappily drawn comic that's basically a colorful reenactment of his life to his videos, it's plain obvious that he's been left alone to just act out, whether it be troll induced or not.

And I say soon as his parents obviously won't be around for much longer. According to his ED page, his father apparently passed away back in March, so all that's left is his mom, and from what I've read and seen about her and their house, the situation isn't going to improve his mental state. He needs some consistent, set structure and console so that he might be able to function and adapt to the greater world outside of that chaos.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find a quarter of the shit that I've read about him on his mini wiki on Encyclopedia Dramatica funny as hell. While I think that he needs help, I don't enjoy the fact that he uses his condition as a crutch for the majority of his behavior. There are plenty of people with autism and other conditions who don't readily hide behind their handicap and make something of themselves, and his behavior puts those who can work around it in a bad light. I might not condone every trolling of him that takes place, but I will agree that a lot of it is probably karma for being so obtuse with his behavior.

I don't know whether to say I'm relieved or shocked that he's still alive, though I take it that he won't be around for too much longer, given the condition of the house that they live in.