Awoo.

New Telltale crossover game teased!

Solly

The Bald Guy doesn't look like Heavy Weapons Guy, .

It definitely is.

572px-Heavy.png

Notice his pants-er, trousers-tucked in to his tiny boots, and the ammo clip he's wearing. Also, his general physique is the same.

Valve and Telltale LOVE each other's games. It's not surprising at all. They're always doing deals and hats on Steam and Team Fortress 2. Both Sam's revolver and a Max hat were avaliable in TF2 if you pre-purchased uhh... whatever that last big Sam and Max serial was.

It's not just a Max hat, it's his severed head. Well, everything above his lower jaw anyway.

16778orig.jpg

And besides the head and revolver, Max's pistol, the Lugermorph, was available to the Scout and eventually the Engineer.

So I can see why Valve would allow it. They don't shy away from showing their love for other developer's work. Just recently they gave the Soldier a helmet from Worms, as well as the Holy Hand Grenades.

*Watches Teaser*

Me: I bet they choose stupid people for this game.

*Sees its The heavy, Strong bad, Max And Tycho*

Me: NEED MORE MICROSOFT POOOOOOOINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, it could be Tycho. But personally, I'm banking on that being Guybrush Threepwood.

I think it's a purely telltale crossover game.

It's Tycho. Same hair, same facial structure, it's even the same damned art style as Penny Arcade's comics.

Also there's the Heavy there, it's incredibly obvious.

Tycho, Max, Heavy, and Strong Bad.

No mistaking the silhouettes. For anything at all. If you did at one point or another, you should feel very, very bad about yourself and be depressed.

If you did at one point or another, you should feel very, very bad about yourself and be depressed.

My self esteem is bad enough as it is, without you helping.

My self esteem is bad enough as it is, without you helping.

the only way I could see anyone mistaking these characters is if they did not know them all to well, or at all.

though at first glance I didn't recognize strong bad. then I saw the boxing gloves and it all came together.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

No mistaking the silhouettes. For anything at all. If you did at one point or another, you should feel very, very bad about yourself and be depressed.

Gee, thanks.

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

STRONG BAD!? I KNEW I SHOULD'VE READ THIS SOONER!

SB is in it. This game is automatically good.

EDIT: Wait never mind, there's a penny arcade character. This game is neutral again... no amount of Strong Bad can fix that. (opinion)

Edited by Edge

Strong Bad is back.

What.

So, lemme get this straight. 1. Homestar Runner is considerably less dead than it appears, 2. There's going to be a crossover game featuring a bunch of things I like, and 3. We get to learn more about it as soon as Thursday? Silhouettes should not be allowed to get me this excited.

2. There's going to be a crossover game featuring a bunch of things I like

I know right.

I think the only one of these that I never actually played/read/watched is Sam and Max, and I've been trying to fix that for a year now.

And let's not forget Hit the Road which anyone who loves the new seasons but hasn't played it yet needs to play.

Edited by Flint

And let's not forget Hit & Run which anyone who loves the new seasons but hasn't played it yet needs to play.

Hit & Run? Don't you mean Hit the Road?

As someone who has grown frustrated with Telltale after believing they hit a high with Abe Lincoln Must Die! (which was pretty good, but not excellent) and have never gone past it, I find myself finding it hard to be excited by a crossover.

Then again, Series 3 of Sam & Max is only $20 right now, and I'm bloody tempted to get it. Has it improved from Sam & Max Series 2 and Tales of Monkey Island, or are they still on the "good-to-average" quality level?

*** and as Flint said, get the original Hit The Road. Trust me.

Edited by Covskin

I wish I could get Hit the Road, but sadly, my laptop has no CD-Rom drive (damn you netbooks). However, I do have season 1 on Wii (love it), and I've been kicking myself to pick up Beyond Time and Space. Also, I did see the cartoon a while back, and enjoyed it, but, sadly, no experience with the comics. Also, Thursday... Something to look forward to after the first day of 11th grade. Not a total bummer, I guess.

You don't really need a CDROM drive, you should be able to find it pretty easily on the net and emulate it via SCUMM.

Edited by Flint

You don't really need a CDROM drive, you should be able to find it pretty easily on the net and emulate it via SCUMM.

Yeah, emulating is definitely an option, but I might look into it later on down the road.

As someone who has grown frustrated with Telltale after believing they hit a high with Abe Lincoln Must Die! (which was pretty good, but not excellent) and have never gone past it, I find myself finding it hard to be excited by a crossover.

Then again, Series 3 of Sam & Max is only $20 right now, and I'm bloody tempted to get it. Has it improved from Sam & Max Series 2 and Tales of Monkey Island, or are they still on the "good-to-average" quality level?

I was under the impression that most people thought that Season 2 is better than Season 1, so if you think Season 1 is better, it's hard to tell what you will think about Season 3. I've seen S3 get a lot of praise and generally rated higher than the two past seasons, but then again that's only from the Telltale forums, and people there may be biased in favor of the game. Most of the criticism I've seen is about the puzzles, which tend to be too easy.

Personally I'm not sure how I would rate Season 3 compared to Seasons 1 & 2 (but I liked S2 better than S1). For the most part the story is great and very funny, but the puzzles are not all that great (especially in Ep. 1 & 3) and the games are much buggier than S1 & S2.

But I have to play the last episode of S3 (released tomorrow) to judge it properly.

I have yet to finish season two, but season one had a lot more moments that made me laugh out loud. And of course nothing will beat Abe Lincoln Must Die! and Reality 2.0.

I gotta admit, Abe Lincoln Must Die was probably season 1's best, especially with the pithy campaign slogans and the war musical number.

And let's not forget Hit the Road which anyone who loves the new seasons but hasn't played it yet needs to play.

Yeah, I played Hit the Road after finishing the first 2 seasons of Telltale Sam & Max. Ran perfectly on SCUMM VM and it was a whole lot of awesome. Bill Farmer also made a very good Sam.

While I liked Season 2 more than Season 1, it definately got more abstract, weird and freaky by the latter half. If that's what turned you off to it, then Season 3's mixture of Lovecraftian horrors with esoteric science-fictional concepts probably won't help, but if it's the gameplay or story progression that was an issue for you, I assure you that it's better than ever in that regard.

Hmm, maybe I should clarify. Silly me.

Humour and setting-wise, I can't complain about what Telltale have done. Even the constant re-use of The Street in Sam & Max I find forgiveable given their self-imposed time restraints.

No, as just hinted, its the actual puzzles. I found a lot if it very simple, partly due to the games being episodic, and I don't think they've managed to improve on Abe Lincoln Must Die (though I must admit, Episode 4 of Season 2 came mighty close).

I get the feeling if they made just one big game, about 3 episodes long (because each Series always has a couple of duff Episodes) they could make something really good. But as they go right now, in my eyes they hit creative burnout long ago.