Awoo.

When will a new Sonic Rush game come out?

libertyernie

40 members have voted

1. 1. When will another Rush game be announced?

• Within 2009
    • In 2010
    • When Nintendo's next portable comes out (DSi doesn't count)
    • Never

I don't really have a problem with 3D Sonic games. It's just that I love the 2D games, and of all the titles on my DS, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure (and Puyo Pop) definitely get the most play time. However, we haven't heard anything about a possible 3rd title for a long time, possibly because of Dimp's work on the Wii/PS2 version of Unleashed.

So do you think they'll announce another Rush title, and when? I'd be surprised if they don't; they've sold really well from what I've heard.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sega DogTagz

• Fox Gungrave

• Blazey Firekitty

• SuperLink

If my prediction is correct: This year, released around September/October period.

Well, let's see.

Sonic Rush came out in 2005. Sonic Rush Adventure came out in 2007. Sonic Rush Adventure came out two years after the first Sonic Rush. And it's been two years since Sonic Rush Adventure, so...

If they follow the same trend it'll be announced in the spring/summer and released towards the end of the year.

Following the pattern they've been doing, it should be announced by around E3 time, and released in Autumn/Winter of this year :P

Here's hoping, I need some more Sonicness for my DS

Rush Adventure, for whatever reason, didn't seem to sell very well last I looked. There may never be one.

Rush Adventure, for whatever reason, didn't seem to sell very well last I looked. There may never be one.

If your looking at Vgchartz, they are missing the Others/European data. The game has sold over a million units.

Following the pattern they've been doing, it should be announced by around E3 time, and released in Autumn/Winter of this year :P

I agree with you but maybe for March 2010 if they want to make something bigger than Rush Adventure as it was compared to Rush.

Should be announced before or during E3 this year, seeing as its been 2 years since SRA and that one was released 2 years after the first Rush.

There best be another Rush game ¬¬ I enjoyed Rush Adventure way too much for there to not be another one =/

Hoping 2009 of course, but 2010 is possible due to Dimps' recent work on Unleashed Wii.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Three Sonc Advance for GBA, I think we can count on the same thing for DS (and why not a spin-off as we had Sonic Battle at the time).

Sometime in 09 is most likely (probably November). Sonic Rush has been too much of a beacon for the franchise recently. They won’t allow time to slide this title chain into obscurity by withholding it.

Besides, if they work quick, they could possibly squeeze out a 4th installment

*bricked for encouraging rush-ed development*

Rush-ed Development :lol:

With the popularity of the daytime stages on Sonic Unleashed for the Wii, which, of course, Dimps developed, it makes me wonder if SEGA will recruit them to create another 3D Sonic game, causing them to take time off working on the Rush series.

Three Sonc Advance for GBA, I think we can count on the same thing for DS (and why not a spin-off as we had Sonic Battle at the time).

I guess you could count Chronicles as the sonic battle of the DS?

I'm hoping the next Rush (if there is one) isn't too fast paced like the others.

Rush-ed Development :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to be really disappointed if there isn't another Rush. The Rushes have done more than anything else in the past decade to help me keep some confidence in this series...hell, I rank SRA in my top 3 favorite Sonic games, and the original Rush isn't too far behind. It's really the only Sonic game they could announce that I'd actually expect to be good from the start.

So, uh, yeah. Rush 3 soon as soon as it's ready plz.

I guess you could count Chronicles as the sonic battle of the DS?

But that was by Bioware not Dimps, although you can sort of count Unleashed(WiiS2) as Dimps' side game of this era.

If there is a third game, I'd like to see Tails and Marine playable in addition to Sonic and Blaze.

If there is a third game, I'd like to see Tails and Marine playable in addition to Sonic and Blaze.

There. That’s good enough for me.

I was expecting that Tails would be playable in SRA, but that dream fell flat. Now with a third installment, its kind of hard for me to imagine the Fox being included. The big knock against him would be that he would break the stages/multiplayer. The way the rush series levels are designed leave a lot of room open for Tails to fly across the stage. What amounts of platforming that does exist would be obliterated by Tails.

Still, I’d like to see him.

There. That’s good enough for me.

I was expecting that Tails would be playable in SRA, but that dream fell flat. Now with a third installment, its kind of hard for me to imagine the Fox being included. The big knock against him would be that he would break the stages/multiplayer. The way the rush series levels are designed leave a lot of room open for Tails to fly across the stage. What amounts of platforming that does exist would be obliterated by Tails.

Still, I’d like to see him.

But think of it dude! No enemy could stand before the all powerful Australian slang! :lol:

In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment that Tails should get more attention.^_^

Speaking of enemies, Jonny and Capt Whiskers bailed in SRA.

I wonder if they will show up in the third installment? The most likely setting for the third game would be zone hopping between both Sonic and Blaze’s worlds, so there is always the remote chance…..