Awoo.

When will a new Sonic Rush game come out?

libertyernie

40 members have voted

1. 1. When will another Rush game be announced?

• Within 2009
    • In 2010
    • When Nintendo's next portable comes out (DSi doesn't count)
    • Never

Speaking of enemies, Jonny and Capt Whiskers bailed in SRA.

I wonder if they will show up in the third installment? The most likely setting for the third game would be zone hopping between both Sonic and Blaze’s worlds, so there is always the remote chance…..

Yeah, it'd be nice to see them return...Good to see that Dimps gave Blaze some decent non-Eggman nemesises to knock around.^_^

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sega DogTagz

• Fox Gungrave

• Blazey Firekitty

• SuperLink

Sonic Advance 2 didn't do brilliantly but we still got 3. I'm hoping for a new Sonic Rush later this year; hopefully it'll be announced in the next few months.

I demand:

- Playable Tails

I want:

- Playable Marine

- A story to attempt and solve Blaze/Silver/Nega paradox thing.

- Gameplay to be a bit slower, more platforming, like Sonic Advance 2 and 3. Less bottomless pits.

Edited by SuperLink

Why would we obligatorily have Blaze in the game? I admit I'm a fan of the purple cat but after the Wind Waker-like, why not a complete revolution of the game to offer us a brand new concept (not completely new to be in the same way as the other Rush).

A Sonic Rush in the future... Sonic Rush Evolution !

No, I can't imagine a Rush game without Blaze.

I kind of want a Rush without Blaze being mandatory. If not, then I can't wait for Dimps to make the next series of 2D Sonics so we can see something really different; if there was a problem with Rush Adventure, it was not enough newness that didn't suck (like sailing) the gameplay was generally better, but no new characters? Arg.

of all the titles on my DS, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure (and Puyo Pop) definitely get the most play time.

Same here, my friend. The exact same here (including Puyo Pop :D ). The Rush games are among my favorite in the series. No matter what, I'm always in the mood to play them. And since they are portable, I can play them anywhere. They're like the Sonic equivalent of Tetris to me. I just put another hour and a half into Rush Adventure yesterday.

I believe the first almost cracked 3 million (which I think would be a first for a unbundled, single platform Sonic game) and the second definitely got well over a million. Not to mention they are like the only Sonic games these days that have a reprtition for quality outside of the fanbase. Why they wouldn't make a 3rd would be beyond me. But as you said, it might take a bit longer than the 2-year gap that Rush and SRA had because of Dimps partially developing Unleashed (Wii). I'd like to have it this year as I enjoy having at least one fun Sonic game a year. Last year was Unleashed, but this year seems pretty dry. I didn't think much of Black Knight and Mario & Sonic sports/mini-games isn't my thing. I would mind waiting longer though, as long as it comes.

A few request:

More Zones

I tire very much of the "7 Zones for 7 Emeralds" routine. I also am not a fan of Hidden Islands, too short to get much substance. At the very least throw in a third act like Sonic Advance 3 did.

Hideki Naganuma

Sonic Rush hosted one of few Sonic soundtracks that was genuinely awesome. Unfortunately, the sequel took Sonic back to the "okay" territory in music. Most likely due to the absence of this genius.

Less (or No) Pits

Because they are no fun. Rush Adventure had the right idea for the first bunch of levels, but the whole pit issue rose up quite a bit in Sky Babylon and Pirates' Island. How about we go all the way this time, okay Dimps?

I'm perfectly happy with just Sonic & Blaze as far as playable characters go, but I wouldn't mind Tails as long as he doesn't make my ears twitch whenever I do tricks...

The only thing I hope for is that they increase the difficulty. Both games, (outside of the final bosess and latter special zones) were too easy. That or extend/increase the length of the game.

Edited by BlackHeroX

This is my prediction

Mario And Sonic At The Winter Olympic Games (2009)

Next Sonic Rush (2010)

Sonic Chronicles 2 (2011)

or the oposite ...

Next Sonic game in PS360 (2012)

I really hope we get other playable characters besides Sonic and er, Blaze. I'm one of those who loves playing as different characters, not just one. So yeah, I too am hoping for playable Tails and, if she appears again (pwease SEGA <3), Marine.

Also I'm probably the only person on here who liked SRA's soundtrack far more than Rush. I couldn't stand the latter soundtrack, the songs were so repetitive and annoying. The only ones I really liked were the Special Stage and Character Selection screen music. XD

An appearance by Silver would be nice too! They can hopefully fix those annoying plothole issues with Silver, Blaze and Nega then.

More Zones

I tire very much of the "7 Zones for 7 Emeralds" routine. I also am not a fan of Hidden Islands, too short to get much substance. At the very least throw in a third act like Sonic Advance 3 did.

Oh god, I'm not alone on this one, it's gets annoying after the awhile, if they can add the hidden islands, why not add some more actual zones instead, am I right : D?

Hideki Naganuma

Sonic Rush hosted one of few Sonic soundtracks that was genuinely awesome. Unfortunately, the sequel took Sonic back to the "okay" territory in music. Most likely due to the absence of this genius.

But rush adventure had some really nice music ;_; (Listens to Sky Babylon)

Less (or No) Pits

Because they are no fun. Rush Adventure had the right idea for the first bunch of levels, but the whole pit issue rose up quite a bit in Sky Babylon and Pirates' Island. How about we go all the way this time, okay Dimps?

Yes, low pits or not pits please.

I think that it should be more like Rush Adventure- you know, with a more "Adventure" like quality to it. The original was fun, but it had virtually no replay value to me. Rush Adventure was awesome because you can really traverse the world, discover new and hidden levels and do a mission mode. Rush Adventure is probably my 2nd favorite 2D game in the series. (Second only to S3&K.)

I've been playing the 2 rush games over the past 2 weeks, and I have to say, I want one. They were both great games, the best ones in 5 years, anyway. Prehaps the story could somehow tie in to Sonic Universe? I haven't read it, so I'm not sure.

Somewhere around '09-'10. Sonic Rush 2 is my favorite platformer on the DS, I need a Sonic Rush 3. And maybe a Sonic Rivals 3.

Yeah, when I said new characters I meant playable ones xD if I had a choice, ST would just stop making new characters for every game they release.

I love the Sky Babylon music too, and the music for the first world. Personally though, nothing in SRA comes close to What U Need or Wrapped in Black.

I am also hoping for another sequel to Rush, as it's arguably my favorite Sonic series. I will be sorely disappointed if they don't make one. I would really like it if they can keep it relatively the same, but the bosses should be more like Rush's IMO, as they feel more classic and are just more fun to me. Here's hoping we get more than a measly seven stages. They can give us so much more than that!

In all honesty, I don't want anyone but Sonic and Blaze playable, however I do hope to see Tails, Marine, and HOPEFULLY Cream in the story. Blaze needs her old friend back, if you ask me. Also, Silver should stay out. I don't really think he and Blaze are even friends anymore. (Oh, how I hope so. Save us the complications, please) :P

SRA had a great soundtrack, but the original's was far superior IMO. I'd like to hear more from Naganuma, myself.

In all honesty, I don't want anyone but Sonic and Blaze playable, however I do hope to see Tails, Marine, and HOPEFULLY Cream in the story. Blaze needs her old friend back, if you ask me.

Come to think of it, I do miss Cream quite a bit. Her interactions with Blaze in the first game were quite touching, and it'd be a shame for their friendship to become a one-shot thing.

I'd like to see Cream return too. Rush was the best story appearance she's had...and the last one as well (Chronicles doesn't count). It would be nice to see Blaze reunite with Cream, much more so than seeing her reunite with a certain silver hedgehog if you ask me.

Hmm. I figured Cream was getting phased out or something. I am sure she’ll pop up in Blaze’s adventures from time to time though. The feline will always need a place to stay when visiting Sonic’s world.

I have another question. Does the creation of Sonic Rush 3 warrant the creation of Sonic Rivals 3? Rivals is basically the only Sonic game I haven’t played.

Does the creation of Sonic Rush 3 warrant the creation of Sonic Rivals 3?

Nah, Rivals is from Backbone, and Rush from Dimps.

I know that, I meant from a balancing spectrum.

Blaze/Silver

Nintendo/Sony

Dimps/Backbone

Any of those could push Sega to hinge the development of both series onto each other.

Like I said before, the 2 year gap seems viable to me, plus its not long till E3, I expect a few new Sonic games will be announced. there were only 2 Sonic games released last year (Unleashed and Chronicles) and Black Knight so far this year (and if u think about it Secret Rings was in 2007 followed by Rush Adventure) So I expect a new Rush game this year maybe a spin off on the X360/PS3 (Mario & Sonic 2 is on the Wii this X-mas) so iam gonna predict the following at E3.

DS - Sonic Rush 3

PS3/360 - Spin off game 1

PS3/360 - Spin off game 2 (possible)

Wii - Mario & Sonic at winter olympic games (already knew)

DS - Possible confirmation of Chronicles 2

PS3/360/Wii - Next big Sonic Game

Someone mentioned Vgchartz earlier in the thread. I advise you guys to stop visiting that site altogether as they're known to fudge their numbers.