Awoo.

BIRDCON NORTH '10 MEETUP [27/28TH NOVEMBER]

T-Bird

Just so you guys know, the Lighthorseman is fully booked. Me and foreversonic have both had emails back saying it's fully booked.

I've popped a booking enquiry over to the Shoulder of Mutton, which isn't too far away. Hopefully they give me a room, otherwise I might actually have an issue in attending :(

Looks like I will be coming and giving up my sofa to some people :P

I've been to York loads of times, since it isn't that far from Newcastle. If you have a rail card or something it might be worth staying in a town which is a station or two out from York, since everywhere seems to have sold out.

No York Dungeon trips? Last time I went there one of the staff members jumped out at a very frightened young child, causing much screaming and hilarity ^_^

Well, you could always sleep rough in the train station if you bring enough clothing ;) After the hubby and I got back from our honeymoon in December, we were stranded in York at about 2am. We ended up just sleeping rough until the next available train at 7am. Fun times!

Hey guys, if it's okay with everyone I should be able to come to this too. I met a few of you at Summer of Sonic and live in Hull, so not very far to travel for me =] So it's 27th & 28th? I'll try to book the time off at work. I don't have any accommodation sorted as such but I do have a couple of friends in York I can probably crash with =]

Me and the gf are looking for hotel rooms around now. We live very nearby in Barnsley and I posted before saying i'd come.

I'll be driving up possibly. Still gotta arrange all that. Thankfully cause I live quite near tickets to York are quite cheap still.

Looking forward to it guys. I'll definitely be there for at least one day and the ghost hunt. Never been on one before so that would be fun.

One thing I have to try and be mindful of is i'm scared of cameras so I'll have to try and get over it for a day lol.

After talking about it with Nemain in the SSR Chatroom I'm thinking off coming down to Birdcon, now i'm not making any promises but I think I might try and see if I can come down on the 27th date but this lies on how much money I can save up in the upcoming weeks (that going to be hard with Sonic Colours coming out) and Birthday money I get (due to my birthday coming up) so I'll see If I can make it then.

Well me and ShadowFox have found this hostel which is pretty cheap, I don't know if there's still some room's available but it's worth checking it out and seeing just in case here is the website: http://www.acehotelyork.co.uk/

Will hopefully be getting there in the morning or afternoon will just have to see what time we get in.

Also Ghost Hunt........COUNT ME IN!!!!!! I love anything to do with ghosts and the paranormal it's so fascinating so I will be going on that. :D

Also if there are any places that are doing a karaoke night, why don't we go there and try and sing lol and also warm up are vocal cords for the people that are entering Wrecks Factor lol. XD

So yer looking forward to this, it's gonna be SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!! :D

Sadly I won't be able to come to this; I'm now living on baked beans and bread again after bailing out a friend's surprise tuition fees at Uni for over a grand, which means I can't even afford the train fare, yet alone anything else ^_^

So hope you guys have fun! Take photos!

Only two weeks until Birdcon guys! This is more for my own use, so here's the preliminary list of guests:

IN ATTENDENCE:

T-Bird

Nemain

Vger

Blue Blood

Gavvie

Mena

Blue Fox

Mr. Needlemark

Stiv

Tall Guy

Retrix

DarrenIndeed

ShadowFox

If I've missed out anyone / put anyone on the list that isn't coming, do let me know. If you want my mobile number, wing me a message via PM and I'll give it to you. By the looks of things we will still be sticking with the plan - two meeting points at York station at 11am and at Revolution Bar at 12pm (obviously if you are planning on getting in later, get my number or someone else's).

ACCOMODATION:

We've managed to pick the weekend of the St. Nicolas Craft Fair, so it's heaving in York. Just for a change. Anyway, it's nigh-on impossible to find anywhere to stay here now. There is still room at the backpackers hotels, but Travelodges are all full, Holiday Inns are full, and I've looked at just about every B&B / Guest house in York. All are at capacity. If you still haven't found anywhere give me a shout, I will have one last look.

ACTIVITIES:

Saturday's theme will probably be spent socially - but as we're going to be out from midday, I'd suggest we don't start downing pints from the get-go! I think after lunch we should head to the railway museum and potter around there before hitting a pub, grabbing dinner, then heading out on Ghost walks!

T

I might be able to go, but it'll only be for the first day, will stay for the ghost walk if thats what we plan on doing on the first day, but then will probably have to think about headding home... don't worry about me trains down to Hull will be quite common since it's on the main line route out of York.

Yeah, I've got to bail on this. It's my 18th this weekend but because of some terribly inconsiderate decisions on my parents' end, all my plans have to be pushed back to the following weekend. Sorry!

Hey just to let you know that Strata might be coming as well but only for the day on Saturday, he'll be leaving us and heading home during the evening but he might or might not be coming I need to have a word with him tomorrow. :)

One week left guys! Just so I know, is anyone really adversed to any foodstuffs i.e. do people really hate sushi, curry etc...?

Just so I know where we should ideally be eating and such as we wander!

T

So I think I will be able to attend, are we definately going for an 11am meetup at the station on the 27th?

Just so I can get a train ticket sorted.

Yup! 11am meet at the station as rendezvous point 1. The second will be at the revolution bar in town.

Again, if anyone wants my number, send me a PM and I'll wing it over.

T

Re: the foodstuffs thing.

I'm a little bit of a fussy eater. I can usually pick something off of a menu, but sushi and curry are definate no-nos.

so here in Hull which is literally an hour away from York/birdcon. it's snowing... It's snowing a lot. It's also settling, that means we're going to see huge traffic disruption to both public and private methods of transport. Delays are very likely.

That is, if York is seeing the same as me, but I wouldn't be suprised if it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys,

There are service updates out this morning, but as far as I can tell everything else is running as it should. We will be hanging around the station to collect late arrivals until closer to midday so if you are delayed by an hour don't worry - we won't abandon you.

All I can say is York looks extremely picturesque this morning =3

T

So just got back from Birdcon...

Man what a day. It was great metting up with everyone, old friends and new friends. I think we'd all agree that we had a great time in York.

So many highlights I just don't quite know where to begin, there were just so many moments that you kinda hope will happen but never expect them too... but they did... e.g. "I'm sat in a haunted pub, with T-bird, Nemain, Urth, a bunch of crazy Sonic fans and... a Robotnik Plush!"

Then we got to the train museum and decide to have fun putting plushies in the drivers cabin of various trains, which wasn't easy since most of them were chained off. I was quite amazed at how long we spent in that place, but it was worth it when we found the stargate (channel tunnel replica).

robotnikexpress.jpg

All aboard the Eggman Express!

There was quite a random bit too when we managed to convince one of the staff at Gamestation to let us in after they had closed and he agreed to take our picture, he then said "Since the tills are still open? Would any of you like to spent a few hundred pound?" We all laughed when he then threw us out after I took him up on that offer by saying "Do you have any Super Sonic toot?"

And the messages we left in that random bar made me chuckle a bit. Just wish I could have stayed longer for the ghost hunt, alas, train times were against us today. We so need to do more of these mini meets.

tssatbar.jpgECatbar.jpg

HOORAY!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yes, we are now all drunk. HOORAY!

Epic ghost walk was epic. Seriously. That guy was a legend, and that taxi's timing...!

It was great =] I shall share the pictures here now =D

SAM_1874.jpg

SAM_1871.jpg

My camera went a bit wonky for a while, spending 3+ seconds on "Capturing" an image...resulting in this sort of thing. This was one of the better ones from that moment.

SAM_1866.jpg

SAM_1863.jpg

SAM_1868.jpg

SAM_1867.jpg

SAM_1870.jpg

SAM_1869.jpg

SAM_1872.jpg

SAM_1873.jpg

Lol great pics there Darren, :D well all I can say is I am so, so glad I went that was without a doubt the best night out i've had in a long time. ^_^

The ghost hunt, the train museum, the food and of course the pubs and drinks.........oh and don't forget when mostly all of us started singing Sonic songs and aslo "HE'S GOT A WRENCH!!!!!!!" Lol a good night it was and I hope there will be another one very soon HOORAY!!!!!! :D

.........oh and don't forget when mostly all of us started singing Sonic songs and aslo "HE'S GOT A WRENCH!!!!!!!" Lol a good night it was and I hope there will be another one very soon HOORAY!!!!!! :D

Would that be this recording here? :blush:

And just when you thought that song couldn't get any worse!

EDIT: That should be Quintet: there was me, Mr. Needlemark, Tall-Guy91, Vger and ShadowFox04

Wrench Quartet.mp3

Edited by Retrix