Awoo.

"Seven things you (probably) didn't know..."

Diogenes

I love fourth wall breaking, I find it to be such a unique form of comedy. I can't wait until Sonic breaks the fourth wall again in this game and actually acknowledges his audience. I hope it'll be a bit more interesting than his question to the audience concerning whether or not he fell on Chip in Unleashed.

3) SA-55, the round red robot also known as “Ergo” by fans who appeared in Sonic Unleashed will return, but slightly more jaded than before. Oh and by the way SA-55 ISN’T his name… his name is actually “Orbot”

Jaded? It wouldn't surprise me if it is insinuated that Eggman actually caught Orbot at the end of Unleashed after chasing him through the desert and programmed him to be less mouthy :lol:

I wonder what Sonic's fourth wall breaker will be.

I would explode if he turned to the screen and said,

"Do I sound different to you?"

It should be:

Eggman: I felt so bad for all of my actions I built this park!

Sonic: Are you LYING Eggman? *to audience* THAT'S NO GOOD!

Edited by Hero of Legend

Eggman: I have reformed Sonic, and made this wonderful theme park!

Sonic: (looks to us) I don't know about you guys, but I don't buy it.

"sigh". Kinda sad that I'm the only one who didn't like Ergo. Not gonna go on about it but I just hated the little guy. I'm quite happy with whats popping up so far, excited for next week now! ^^

Maybe Ergo is going to be the main villain after Eggman's defeat :huh:

Or maaaaaaaaaaaybe, it's this new counterpart of his! btw my first post!

Alright, Ergo "SA-55" is back...I'm not exactly liking the name "Orbot", so I'm just gonna stick with SA-55 "Ergo". Not like it matters that much. :P

It's a good thing that there's going to be a sidekick for Eggman after all these years, and with another one alongside him. It would be even better if Metal Sonic was given more screen time in future games as well.

As for breaking the fourth wall, I'm really interested to see that. With the writers of Reboot writing the script, I think I can have some confidence that it will be done well.

I'm thinking maybe it'll be a taller and slimmer bot that can match his mouth and play off his personality.

Like Decoe and Bocoe. Like Scratch and Grounder.

As for the wall breaking, I bet it's also something we've seen before. How about a glance at the screen and a "Don't do this at home, kids!"

2) At one point in an early cutscene Sonic "breaks the fourth wall" and talks directly to the gamer.

Kids, there's nothing more cool then being hugged by someone you like, but if someone tries to touch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable that's NO GOOD. It's your body. No one has the right to touch you if you don't want them to.

So what do you do? First, you say "NO!".

Then, you get outta there!

I wonder if whereas Orbot/SA-55 is pessimistic and always criticizing Eggman's plans, his counterpart is optimistic and always complimenting and Eggman's plans? That could prove to be most humourous. =P

Ergo Vs Orbit

But Ergo wasn't his old official name; SA-55 was.

SA-55's back. -preorders game-

So his name's "Orbot" is it? I guess his partner would be something to either complement him or give him some one to fight with, then. Until it is announced, I will say it's a music player called "iEggpod". Just because.

Sonic breaks the fourth wall. Nice, but somehow, I feel like it will be a tutorial type deal. I want to see how it actually happens though, as I am usually wrong. -preorders again-

That little robot fell about as flat as B.C., so I'm not exactly thrilled that there's going to be another one.

You know that Decoe and Bocoe were just the result of TMS reusing robots from an old show of theirs verbatim, right? Of course, they went by "Omega and Epsilon". The X Tornado exists because TMS thought Sonic fans would rather see references to

instead of Sonic 2.

And what's with Sonic's textures? His legs look kind of like string cheese.

I would explode if he turned to the screen and said,

"Do I sound different to you?"

Tails: Sonic! Eggman's capturing the Wisps and enslaving them!

Sonic *to player*: I didn't see that coming.

Or like at the end of every level if you E rank it.

Sonic: Geez, I'm glad you can't run like me!

i would just orgasm. everywhere.

I think It would be hilarious if Tails went:

"I wonder if the fans are happy now?"

Sonic: "We have fans?"

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

"I hope Eggman didn't name that planet of me the Sonic Cycle!"

Some pretty nice tibits there. Definitely sounds like they're trying to make it as close to Unleashed as can be. Liking the news of Ergo's (Orbot's) return. Not liking the news of curly wisp being a vital character, even though I saw it coming a mile away.

And hating this "wait 'til next week" tease. Feels like I've been waiting for Sega's blog to update all year. And everytime it's an hour or so behind the expected schedule.

7) The curly haired white Wisp is important to the Colours story and its name is…. something you’ll have to tune in next week to find out!

Fantastic, another annoying sidekick character.

• Bad Quality Post 2

Except we already know Wisps can't talk.

And they said important to the story. I STILL think it'll be like the role of that green thing in Wario Land: Shake It!-Not necessarily a sidekick but is the one who warns of what happens, though with a sillier plot it ma be sillier. It can't talk, and it just wants to rescue the other Wisps. In other words, it sounds JUST like that green thing from Wario Land: Shake It!

• Thumbs Up 1

Too bad they don't talk, I was imagining him as the announcer for a second.

Chances are he'll just be the info marker character. If he gets in Tails' way though, imma put a cigarette out in his cute little eye.

Sonic broke the 4th wall in Unleashed for a moment. I think it was right after he fell on Chip.

Also I guess I better get back to playing Unleashed so I can be ready for this....right after I 100% Sonic '06.

I'm actually very close to that.

It's been like that since Sonic 2. :P

Not sure where you get sidekick out of "important to the story" tho. We don't know that yet...do we?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Except we already know Wisps can't talk.

Maybe Tails will make a device to make them be able to communicate with Sonic?

I think the 4th Wall breaking part will be Eggman telling the player to lay the controller on the floor so he can show his powers. The screen goes to Sonic and he nods, signaling the player to listen and do it.

If you have a normal Gamecube controller or a Wiimote it starts rumbling and moves. If you have the Wavebird he is shocked that his powers aren't working.

I totally just made this up and definitely didn't steal it from any other video game ninja.png

Edited by MarcelloF

Maybe Tails will make a device to make them be able to communicate with Sonic?

I think the 4th Wall breaking part will be Eggman telling the player to lay the controller on the floor so he can show his powers. The screen goes to Sonic and he nods, signaling the player to listen and do it.

If you have a normal Gamecube controller or a Wiimote it starts rumbling and moves. If you have the Wavebird he is shocked that his powers aren't working.

I totally just made this up and definitely didn't steal it from any other video game ninja.png

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you didnt *cough* metalgearsolid *cough* *cough*

Won't AAUK learn that we sonic fans can dig up any sort of info by any means neccessary. didn't the japanese magazine scans reveal what he wanted to keep secret anyways?...

Edited by goku262002

Strangely the thing I like best is a minor little thing, the way he breaks the forth wall, Deadpool style. Just seems to me the kind of thing Sonic would/should do, considering the way he used to look at you and start acting all impatient if you left him standing still in the original games. Pretty cool! :)