Awoo.

"Seven things you (probably) didn't know..."

Diogenes

You know what you're right, congratulations you just convinced me not to bother next week after all! :) I'll do some Vanquish stuff instead.

Well, that works for me. Colors looks good and all, but it's got nothing on Vanquish!

You know what you're right, congratulations you just convinced me not to bother next week after all! :) I'll do some Vanquish stuff instead.

Vanquish is a lot more interesting, go for it.

Hey, they're both about fast guys with attitudes fighting robots built by eastern Europeans.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sad_Baby.jpg

1) Dr. Eggman has built his park after developing a sense of remorse for his past “indiscretions”. Hmm… a likely story.

According to Gamepro:

• Sonic Colors kicks off when a seemingly reformed Dr. Robotnik invites the heroic duo of Sonic & Tails to a sneak-peek of his brand new amusement park. It isn’t long before the portly professor is up to his old tricks, and it’s revealed that said park is actually a front for the abduction of a set of mysterious and powerful multi-colored aliens known as Wisps.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/216390/pax-2010-sonic-colors-preview/

Kinda reminds me of Heroes..

So there's some stuff on the blognik about these sidekicks (one that I didn't like the first time and one that looks like more of the same), and I'm wondering where the new info on Vanquish is. Why would you play with my emotions like this? You're tearing me apart, AAUK!!

yaaaaaay more infos (Espio'd by Phos)

Cubot confirmed as being the badnik counterpart to Big and Storm, sexy renders of Orbot and Cubot, Curly's name is stated to be "Yakker" in the English versions of the game (Isn't his name different in Japanese?), plot stuffs, confirmed direct fourth wall breaking, and a FOXY FACT~!

This is all good news indeed.

Oh, and seeing as AAUK's here can I pester you and ask just who exactly speaks after touching a Hint Ring? It's been kind of hard to tell from the gameplay videos.

Edited by HunterTSF

Aw man I botched my Japanese when I read the Wisp's name as Yatsuka.

Tsu is also used to double a consonant, making it "Yakka". So uh, he yaks? But he doesn't talk...

5) We will see the “consequences” of Sonic destroying a giant robot… in more than one sense.

Ooh, wonder what this means. Lol, aren't the consequences usually explosions?

And Tails reads binary! I can only hope this means an expanded role for Tails.

Ooh, wonder what this means. Lol, aren't the consequences usually explosions?

And Tails reads binary! I can only hope this means an expanded role for Tails.

Maybe optional levels where you see the ruins of it? Or maybe you'll see it broken in the past levels? Or maybe Sonic destroys a whole bunch from the planet of stuff when he destroys it.

About the name "Yacker". I wonder if Sonic names him? Like as a joke, because he can't yack/talk, he's named Yacker :lol:

Edited by MarcelloF

So it really is Cubot?

The expression on his face says to me that he might be more melancoly than SA-55 "Orbot". Now we just need Metal Sonic to complete the trio. Don't worry, I can wait five or ten years if I have to. :P

Looks like Amy is absent this time, but what about other characters like Shadow and Knuckles? Will they be in, and what reasons will they be around for. Or is it just Sonic and Tails?

Looks like Amy is absent this time, but what about other characters like Shadow and Knuckles? Will they be in, and what reasons will they be around for. Or is it just Sonic and Tails?

Knuckles and Shadow are semi-confirmed for the Nintendo DS version. I say "semi" because I can't remember the source of that information, and wherever the heck it was said that, while Knuckles was definitely involved in the storyline, Shadow was a rumour at best.

I'm pleased the DS version is getting some unique moments, though. :)

Wait..

4) Contrary to reports elsewhere, Amy Rose does NOT feature in the story of Sonic Colours Wii. Seriously, unless she’s become an invisible mute post-Unleashed I’ve seen nothing to indicate otherwise.

4) Contrary to reports elsewhere, Amy Rose does NOT feature in the story of Sonic Colours Wii.

Sonic Colours Wii.

=O

Does this mean she's in Sonic Colors DS or the far more likely possibility that he hasn't played the DS-version?

Something about Tails being able to read binary fluently just made my day. Totally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here we go, knew I'd seen it somewhere. Judge for yourself whether to believe it or not, though, I know the sources aren't exactly concrete.

The Sonic News Network page for Sonic Colours has a list of non-playable characters that includes "Shadow the Hedgehog (not confirmed, just hinted); Knuckles the Echidna (exclusively for the DS version); Amy Rose (exclusively for the DS version)" and follow the list with a sentence reading "Shadow has not been officially confirmed, but is planned."

Their source is this article at WiiNintendo.net, which isn't exactly official. But it does, apparently, confirm that the DS version of Sonic Colours has "Knuckles and Amy seen, but not playable."

Apologies if this wastes anybody's time with bogus sources. I'm new to all this pre-game hype, as I usually steer clear of spoilers!

I wonder if Eggman can read binary. If he can't, then Tails is starting to show his true potential that his bio has always teased him of not reaching yet. :D

I wonder if Eggman can read binary. If he can't, then Tails is starting to show his true potential that his bio has always teased him of not reaching yet. :D

If he couldn't even read binary, he'd be a pretty terrible scientist. The mere fact that he can program and build a wide variety of things including robots, space/airships, quadrupedal, bipedal and even hovering mechs (which have no legs) shows that he has an extensive background in many sciences, including aerodynamics, rocket science, particle physics, quantum mechanics (if you count CD or 06 as any indication)... wait, why am I giving a serious answer to the intellect and specialties of a video game character? Sega can choose for him to build anything, it doesn't have to make sense.

But he's probably still more knowledgeable than Tails. Tails seems to mostly know about aerodynamics and has only on occasion done other things, like the mech transformation of his plane in SA2 and also other things which I can't name off the top of my head, but certainly not as much variety as Eggman has shown.

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand, I will say that Orbot is not the same robot from Sonic Unleashed. He's similar to SA-55, but according to the American producer of the game I met at the Sega community event during PAX, they are separate robots. Pretty cool still, I wonder just how defective Cubot will be? They should add some comedy to the game.

Never cared for Amy, so I can't say I'm disappointed at her absence. In fact, her appearance in Unleashed seemed kinda forced (pouncing on a vague Sonic look alike again?), so it's probably best that she takes a break.

Can't wait to see the 4th wall bit. In the MadWorld writers I trust.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news.

Thanks ArchAngelUK.

We need moar soon though.

I'd just like to say:

We know nothing. We don't know anything about finding information about Sonic games ;)

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand, I will say that Orbot is not the same robot from Sonic Unleashed. He's similar to SA-55, but according to the American producer of the game I met at the Sega community event during PAX, they are separate robots.

Wha-?! SA-55 isn't the Orbot we see in Colors?!

D:

Hmm. I wonder if that means SA-55 was never retrieved by Eggman after his Project Dark Gaia fail, and is still journeying across the world as we saw him in the credits of Unleashed. :lol:

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand, I will say that Orbot is not the same robot from Sonic Unleashed. He's similar to SA-55, but according to the American producer of the game I met at the Sega community event during PAX, they are separate robots. Pretty cool still, I wonder just how defective Cubot will be? They should add some comedy to the game.

So... why did they bother making another robot with the exact same design except for different colours, and possibly the same personality? O.o

Bah. If they really do have the same personality, I'll pretend that they are the same. >.>

Edited by Immortheus

Knuckles and Shadow are semi-confirmed for the Nintendo DS version. I say "semi" because I can't remember the source of that information, and wherever the heck it was said that, while Knuckles was definitely involved in the storyline, Shadow was a rumour at best.

I remember Knuckles being said to be for only in DS. Shadow was merely mentioned.

Unless Shadow get some special treatment, I'm not expecting him to be in the Wii version either. But I would rather the story be more expanded to include the other characters in the Wii version than have the DS hog the excitement. So long as there's more to their involvement than just to help the heroes, I'm cool with whatever they do in the plot...almost. I'm definitely going to piss a lot of people off when I mention the word "execution". :D

The mere fact that he can program and build a wide variety of things including robots, space/airships, quadrupedal, bipedal and even hovering mechs (which have no legs) shows that he has an extensive background in many sciences, including aerodynamics, rocket science, particle physics, quantum mechanics (if you count CD or 06 as any indication)... wait, why am I giving a serious answer to the intellect and specialties of a video game character?

Because it's fun?

Off the top of my head (including what you mentioned), he specializes in:

-Aerodynamics

-Aeronautics

-Rocket Science

-Regular Physics

-Particle Physics

-Quantum Mechanics

-Astro Physics

-Robotics, Bionics, and Cybernetics

-Biophysics

-Artificial Intelligence

-Mechanical Engineering

-Computer Science

-Computer Engineering

-Anatomy and Physiology (since he was able to make Metal Sonic from Sonic's data)

-Architexture

-Military Science

-Mathematics

...Okay really, where the fuck does this guy get the time to study all this? Talk about being a Renissance Man.

Let me guess, he started with Robotics and Artificial Intelligence and then programmed those robots to learn as much as he could about all the other fields to engineer his empire. That is the only way I can think of for him to have that kind of knowledge...unless he's a robot himself? Nah...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Something about Tails being able to read binary fluently just made my day. Totally.

This! Such a nerdy trait is an open window for some awesome Sonic/Tails humor and I really hope to see something like that in this game....

Or maybe Tails incidentally reading some "1101001 1101110 1100100 1100101 1100011 1100101 1101110 1110100" things, that would make my year! (though I certainly don't think it will happen, being a Sonic game and stuff). xD

p.d: I didn't separated the bin numbers in bytes or anything like that, just so is more easy for people to find out what I am saying.

EDIT: In an almost curious/coincidential way, this happens to be my 666th post.

lol?

Edited by gato