Awoo.

"Seven things you (probably) didn't know..."

Diogenes

Tails can read binary?

Tails: Take my wife, please!

Hey, its got a Reboot writer on board eh? EH? XD

Edited by Hero of Legend

If he couldn't even read binary, he'd be a pretty terrible scientist.

I hope you're not serious. Being able to read binary fluently is just crazy; I doubt there's any actual scientist wh can do that.

Or maybe Tails incidentally reading some "1101001 1101110 1100100 1100101 1100011 1100101 1101110 1110100" things, that would make my year! (though I certainly don't think it will happen, being a Sonic game and stuff). xD

"indecent"? Oh why do you guys always think about such things...

Edited by Core

I'm actually thinking that Yakker is named as such not out of irony, but because he actually won't quit his potentially-infernal squeaking. He serves as a plot-important character, a guide, which would mean he'll have to communicate constantly, and that means a lot of vocalizations are to be had. I'm even willing to extend my theory to him comically being the narrator of the hint circles. People say it's Tails or even Omochao, but I can never make out an actual word in those videos, despite their ranging quality; It sounds completely unintelligible to me. Besides, wouldn't it be more fitting than an actual Wisp explains the powers of his brethren to you instead of any foreigners? xP

"indecent"? Oh why do you guys always think about such things...

Incidentally, not indecently. xP

But yes, Tails being able to go total geek with the ability to read binary is totally awesome. I'm curious as to when such an opportunity to read that would occur though - most of Eggman's GUIs and other setups that we've seen are remarkably user-friendly (to the point that Big the freaking Cat and Sonic are capable of operating the Egg Mobile), so perhaps Tails deconstructs a robot's programming or something? Does he repair a damaged Egg Pawn or Motora/Motobug just lying around? Because that would be awesome. Come to think of it, Cubot's been stated as being "defective", so...

Incidentally, not indecently. xP

No, I'm talking about the binary stuff that gato wrote, "1101001 1101110 1100100 1100101 1100011 1100101 1101110 1110100", means "indecent" in ascii (even though it should be "01101001 01101110 01100100 01100101 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100").

I have no idea how people can read that type of stuff xD Even if I'd learn it, I'd forget it always and have to check. :D

No, I'm talking about the binary stuff that gato wrote, "1101001 1101110 1100100 1100101 1100011 1100101 1101110 1110100", means "indecent" in ascii (even though it should be "01101001 01101110 01100100 01100101 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100").

I have a hidden quote marking that I did this on pupose so it would be more easy to read and copy/paste in a calculator (though now that I think about it, I should have done it as you suggested, since it's easy to read and it's also done right) :P

Also, I though my edit was pretty clear, I made my 666th post with the intention of being NO GOOD!

I guess I forgot the sarcasm tags. D:

Back in topic: I would like to point what MarcelloF wrote a few post ago, Amy is not in the Wii version, wich could still mean she is in the DS version, I'm kind of curious to see how this DS/Wii affair will go, maybe this game is going to recieve the same treatment as M&SATOWG.

EDIT: I should stop posting while I'm at work, sorry. D:

Edited by gato

I'm actually thinking that Yakker is named as such not out of irony, but because he actually won't quit his potentially-infernal squeaking. He serves as a plot-important character, a guide, which would mean he'll have to communicate constantly, and that means a lot of vocalizations are to be had. I'm even willing to extend my theory to him comically being the narrator of the hint circles. People say it's Tails or even Omochao, but I can never make out an actual word in those videos, despite their ranging quality; It sounds completely unintelligible to me. Besides, wouldn't it be more fitting than an actual Wisp explains the powers of his brethren to you instead of any foreigners? xP

In this video, around the 1:28 mark, Sonic hits the ? thing. While most of it is inaudible, I can clearly hear the phrase "Mega high-flying rocket".

Now I actually hear it, and I can hear a "Change forms with the oran--" as well. That throws that part of my theory out the window. And now I know that particular narrator is undoubtedly Tails. xP

Gato is one sneaky fellow. :o

Bah, it would be nice if there wasn't so much background noise so we could identify the Hint Ring voices easier. The voice I hear sounded something like a fusion between Omochao's Riders and Secret Rings voices to me... not particularly Tails-y.

But then again the background noise on that video is so loud that it's really hard to tell. :\

Edited by HunterTSF

Bah.

Orbot and Cubot seem to be just Platonic solids of Bocoe and Decoe. I didn't like them, and I didn't like Orbot back when he was SA-55 either. Sure, Eggman needs someone to talk to, but I always hoped it would be Metal Sonic, not comic-relief-sphere.

Lame.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I never pictured an evil Eggman as someone who'd want to share the throne with anyone though. Isn't it characteristic of him to create advisors that are only non-threatening? I can imagine him leaving Metal in charge of his Egg Pawns for an afternoon, while he does important things. But not relaying plans to it.

Placing faith in Metal Sonic seems like a much better idea to me than some tiny robots that play to geometry. What's the worst that could happen--

heroes_30.png

Oh.... Right. sad.gif

Ha. But on a serious note, I think at this point in time with Eggman's characterization in the games being what it is, little helpers on the more comedic side are simply more fitting. It's hard to imagine such a cohort being more sinister than Eggman. If nothing else, it'll only serve to further highlight his incompetence and beg for yet another Heroes-styled coup. It just wouldn't feel right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I can imagine him leaving Metal in charge of his Egg Pawns for an afternoon, while he does important things. But not relaying plans to it.

Cubot, meanwhile, seems the perfect assistant to leave in charge of -

110px-Sonic-Colours-Cubot.png

...well, maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Placing faith in Metal Sonic seems like a much better idea to me than some tiny robots that play to geometry. What's the worst that could happen--

heroes_30.png

Oh.... Right. sad.gif

Ha. But on a serious note, I think at this point in time with Eggman's characterization in the games being what it is, little helpers on the more comedic side are simply more fitting. It's hard to imagine such a cohort being more sinister than Eggman. If nothing else, it'll only serve to further highlight his incompetence and beg for yet another Heroes-styled coup. It just wouldn't feel right.

Actually, trusting Metal Sonic isn't such a bad idea anymore. He's been reprogrammed to ensure such a thing wouldn't happen again.

After all, Eggman certainly has no problems using him as a portable loudspeaker.

His experience as a loud speaker seems rather counterproductive to the fact that Cubot and Orbot's jobs seem to require some level of sapience, the same sapience that allowed Metal Sonic to run wild. xP

Regardless, that was moreso a joke than anything. The general idea of Metal Sonic serving as Eggman's direct right-hand man provides too much of a contrast for me to really enjoy.

His experience as a loud speaker seems rather counterproductive to the fact that Cubot and Orbot's jobs seem to require some level of sapience, the same sapience that allowed Metal Sonic to run wild. xP

He should have had a dead-man's switch in Metal's brain that would self-destruct should he turn on him, or wrote something within his programing that acknowledged him as his superior no matter what the case.

Funny thing, we we're never given an explaination for his betrayal in the first place, so it's hard to say that he did it out of anything other than the sheer ego in wanting to defeat Sonic.

Wait, is it Yacker or Yakker?

Sonic City Blognik says:

The curly haired Wisp is called Yacker, he is the Wisp Sonic and Tails communicate with to find out what is going on.

SEGA America Blog says:

The curly haired white Wisp is important to the Colors story, and its name is Yakker. He is the Wisp Sonic and Tails communicate with to find out what is going on.

So, which is right?

From what I can tell, SoA's entry is a modified version of AAUK's two entries on the Blognik, but why would they change the Wisp's name?

In this video, around the 1:28 mark, Sonic hits the ? thing. While most of it is inaudible, I can clearly hear the phrase "Mega high-flying rocket".

hmmm..... I think I need to get my ears checked.

At around the 1:23 ish mark, you can hear one of the reps talking in the background about the Hedgehog Engine. I'm pretty sure he said that they were able to get it to run the the Wii. I thought that we had all come to the conclusion that such a feat was impossible, but there it is right there.

Is that just a guy running his mouth and not knowing what he is talking about, or is this a major revelation for Colors (and in turn the Wii). Or is this possibly a "dumbed down" engine borrowing the same name?

DogTagz Demands Answers!

Edited by Sega DogTagz

A ReBoot reference? SCORE! :D

You're probably looking forward to one of my aerodide speeches about me, Eggmanland, the new robot dawn, etc, etc...

But I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you.

There's no grand scheme here.

This is about revenge!

At around the 1:23 ish mark, you can hear one of the reps talking in the background about the Hedgehog Engine. I'm pretty sure he said that they were able to get it to run the the Wii. I thought that we had all come to the conclusion that such a feat was impossible, but there it is right there.

DogTagz Demands Answers!

I was interviewing him at the time. Sonic Colors Wii uses the Hedgehog Engine, he told me so (among other details I was asking him about- I even argued that they couldn't get the Hedgehog Engine working on the Wii with Unleashed, but he assured me they were able to do it this time). I KNEW the voice was familiar, because it's my own voice asking him questions. (Obviously I know my own voice, I was putting it in a kind of comical way. Also, he said the Wii version of Unleashed used the Zero Gravity engine, which I think he said was Sonic Rush's engine.)

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, he said the Wii version of Unleashed used the Zero Gravity engine, which I think he said was Sonic Rush's engine.)

I really doubt a Wii game would use the same engine as a DS game.

Edited by TimmiT