Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

I've been listening to a lot of my gym music outside the gym. 

What is it with Milton Keyes and djent? I have no idea. They're like the fourth band from this one particular city that plays music that I absolutely love. TesseracTMonumentsHeart of a Coward, and now Hacktivist. I had no idea they were from the same place as all the rest. 

I'm so glad that Hacktivist will drop their debut early this March. I've been chomping at the bit for the blend of progressive metal/djent and rap for the past couple years. It's so good for the gym. And their latest single has only gotten me even more pumped. 

Hacktivist - "Buszy"

These guys and their Australian counterparts in Devastator just get me so stoked. I just love this combination of rap and djent for whatever reason. It's groovy and savage. 

Devastator - "Shutdown..."

Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods 

Really catchy. Heard it on the radio a few weeks back, forgot it existed, then heard it again yesterday and I remembered how good it was.

VEGAS - Εγώ το Διάλεξα (I Chose It) 

Oh look, Greek music that isn't a cover of an already existing song for once. Not sure if anyone cares but I'll post translated lyrics since it's what I do usually. Keep in mind some things don't translate well directly.

Spoiler

For the things I live for, I don't look answers for
I took this step consciously
I didn't account for any danger
In your breeze, I had bare hands
I chose it, I lived it, I paid for it
And I cancelled a lot my theories on your body
I chose it
And I tried to write myself in your map
But I didn't make it, neither as sea nor land
I don't ask that you feel for me
Or to break the silence
Just to know if I was something for a moment
You took so much from my heart
But I no longer care
This wind, I chose it

You only live once and that never changes
And the winner's always the one who never hesitates
If I make mistakes along the way, it doesn't matter
I've learned that this is what makes me who I am
I've no regrets for the pain and depression
I only keep the good moments with you and only
And that's more than enough, believe me
Just like the first "hug me" and the first "kiss me"
And just like the wind, you came into my life
And I let you become my breath
My heart was guiding me, not my logic
I'd do the same again, it's my choice

I chose it, I lived it, I paid for it
And I cancelled a lot of my theories on your body
I chose it
And I tried to write myself in your map
But I didn't make it, neither as sea nor land
Or to break the silence
But I no longer care
This wind, I chose it
Or to break the silence
But I no longer care
This wind
This wind, I chose it
For the things I live for, I don't look answers for

Lately I've been going back and listening to the OSTs of old racing games I played growing up. This track in particular stuck out to me with how catchy it was:

I've always had this habit of imagining certain songs in other contexts outside of their own, and I keep thinking this would sound awesome as the BGM to a Sonic Rush-styled underwater level.

My song of the year last year tbh. Cool video too. if a bit nsfw 

Well either this or jellyfish by laura stevenson, which has a less cool video

Tinashe - Up We Go

Yeah.. I.. Well, okay. This song, I heard it on the radio a few times and I must admit it is catchy. It probably sounds like those trashy modern pop songs everyone hates, but I like it. Not the best overall, in fact the beginning is a bit bleh but the chorus is so nice and catchy. 

New PYLOT is always a good thing, and the evolution of his tracks have been phenomenal. Any Kavinsky/Synthwave etc fans should love it.

Rocket League has an absolutely beast soundtrack. I can't stop listening to. They are perfect to play while in a game of, well, Rocket League. Shame you don't hear them in-match tho.

My personal favorites are Whiplash, Firework, and Angel Wings.

I hate that i'm loving stuff Spinnin' release as it's a lot of stuff that sounds similar. But, I'm a big fan of R3hab and KSHMR and adding a great singer in Ciara adds some soul.

Edit: Bonus track, mainly 'cause i'm sure @Komodin will appreciate this too. (and I may have been reminded by it 'cause of shuffle) :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still in that Ninjago phase, if you haven't figured it out already. The Fold's music may be cheesy, but I still enjoy the crap out of their songs.

Found out that The Knocks have an album coming out, so I started listening to them again and I absolutely freaking love this. Mat Zo is ridiculous. <3

Just been grabbing any song I remember listening to when I was younger, since I moved out of house and all. Nostalgic for me.

The Girl and the Dreamcatcher - Glowing in the Dark

Fall out Boy - Irresitible

Both are mmmmmm so goooooood.

I guess I'll list a few songs that have peaked my interest recently.

Yay it's all anime openings XD I've also been listening to Undertale music since it's simply phenomenal. Favourites would be Bonetrousle, Death with Glamour, ASGORE, Megalovania and SAVE the World.

Glad to see Gwen finally coming back with stuff, although i'm sad she binned the album that Baby Don't Lie and Spark The Fire were going to be a part of. Clever video for Make Me Like You too, filmed during the Grammys last night.

Scissor Sisters are a great band. I love their debut album and Ta-Dah! as much as anyone, but I think Night Work is criminally overlooked since its quality is just about on par. But boy is it ever the...darkest...most mature...something album of their discography. Songs like this make Tits on the Radio sound like a frolick in Care-a-Lot. 

Admittedly, wasn't fond of Magic Hour, their last album. 

Been listening to Sonic And The Black Knight's soundtrack. I love it.

Also, more Ninjago, because I'm still in that phase.