SHAX Hedgefox

What music are you currently listening to?

Another day, another Tamil song I've gotten addicted to.

Today's latest hit song from Kollywood is Thaarumarru Thakkaalisooru for the upcoming movie, Veera Sivaji. What I like about this song are two things, the peppy, energetic beat that D. Imman is usually know for nowadays and the lead singer, Simbu. Which is surprising since I'm not a huge fan of his singing but Imman managed to make it work, and hats off to the guy for that.

As you probably could tell by now at this point, I'm particularly excited for the release of Kabali, a crime gangster film that's coming out at the same day a familiar party will start as well. So I'm gonna choose the most popular song in the album because it's hype AF!

This song is just oozing of badassery and I freaking love it. The composer, Santhosh Narayanan, is probably one of my favorite composers in the Tamil music industry and this song is a huge reason why. Those hardcore guitar riffs, the powerful and flaming hot lyrics provided by Arunraja Kamaraj and of course the minor but effective usage of the great Superstar's lines just makes it the complete package. 

Just freaking love Tamil music man!

I'm listening to Frigid Hearts, produced by Circus-P, sung by Avanna...yeah...a Vocaloid. I've recently, uh, kinda gotten a bit into Vocaloid.

...And what started it all was watching a terrible Sonic fan animation for giggles that happened to have iNSaNiTY for its music.

I don't know what to say for myself. Let's face it, there's nothing I can say.

17 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Song makes me very misty eyed nearly every time.

This is my number one jam on ukelele! Advent, you and I are the AT squad.

The Starbase song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare's version of Turtles in Time.

It's not the original song, but it's quite good in its own right. Wonder if I should track down a copy of Mutant Nightmare?

39 minutes ago, SurrealBrain said:

The Starbase song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare's version of Turtles in Time.

It's not the original song, but it's quite good in its own right. Wonder if I should track down a copy of Mutant Nightmare?

Nope. Not worth it. I should know, I used to own it when I was a kid, and I beat it too................................stop laughing at me. 

I've been listening to this remix of Your Best Nightmare from Undertale called "I Just Can't Understand". I'm not an Undertale fan, but I'm a fan of this musician and happen to really like this song. Its a got a twisted industrial feel to it.

Right now I'm listening to Doc Severinsen's rendition of "In The Mood". If you've never heard of the song I'm sure you've heard it in movies and TV shows but don't know the name of it. It's a great spin on the original, most well known version preformed by Glenn Miller. It's a little more jazzy and is a lot more horn heavy, especially the trumpet because Doc is a trumpet player. When Doc plays his solo it's really amazing. He's like a machine. He's just playing for like 30 seconds without breaking. It's really great. https://youtu.be/PcOilfm_yyE

While i've been a mild fan of Jarre over the years thanks to my dad, buying vinyl again made me want to listen to his albums again now i'm older. Yeah, his stuff is phenomenal, Forth Rendez-Vous is probably one of the most joyous tracks i've ever listened to, and the live version is just stunning.

I've been obsessively listening to the Hamilton Original Broadway Cast Recording since August, It's really starting to consume much of my spare time, haha. If I'm not listening to that, I'm probably listening to some form of Sonic music.

Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal, an awesome song that I associate with Halloween for some reason (you'd think it'd be Thriller, lol). I've also been listening to Alien Ant Farm's excellent cover. Sometimes I wish I could mold the two into one even perfecter Smooth Criminal, but they're both so good in their own ways at the same time.

Ever since I saw the N.W.A biopic a month or two ago, I've been getting into rap quite a lot.
Here's a couple of tracks in no particular order.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler