Awoo.

What music are you currently listening to?

SHAX Hedgefox

Currently listening to some Amiga music, specifically this playlist. Man some people have talent, and the Amiga was miles ahead of the competition back in the day!

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of Icon For Hire, because they help me when I'm feeling depressed. Particularly "Curse or Cure" is on, but "Get Well" is kinda my theme right now.  

I'm currently trying to get into 2000s emo/screamo. I've particularly been listening to a lot of Alexisonfire lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Play Date" by Melanie Martinez 

I wish I had Monopoly over your mind
I wish I didn't care all the time 

• Fist Bump 1

Some native (which for me would be Hungarian) contemporary rock/pop-rock songs. I have a feeling these aren't exactly world famous songs or bands.

And yes, Hungarian bands with english names, but singing in hungarian. I guess they couldn't make up their minds.

5 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Some native (which for me would be Hungarian) contemporary rock/pop-rock songs. I have a feeling these aren't exactly world famous songs or bands.

And yes, Hungarian bands with english names, but singing in hungarian. I guess they couldn't make up their minds.

Thanks for posting! I enjoy hearing music from other countries/languages. We don't get much of that in the USA (or Anglophone countries in general).

And lots of bands have English language names but don't sing in English at all. And the reverse is also true sometimes.

14 hours ago, Angyu said:

Thanks for posting! I enjoy hearing music from other countries/languages. We don't get much of that in the USA (or Anglophone countries in general).

And lots of bands have English language names but don't sing in English at all. And the reverse is also true sometimes.

Hopefully they were enjoyable for other reasons too than just being from a different country/language. 😃

Here's a few more that I personally enjoy in case anybody is interested.

These are from hungarian cartoons (from back when those were still a thing) :

And this one is interesting because it was sung by a blind 11 year old boy:

Last One Standing - Icon For Hire

They always come for the wild ones
They always come for the freaks
They always come for the misfits
Like you, like you, and me

12 hours ago, Tarnish said:

These are from hungarian cartoons (from back when those were still a thing) :

There's no more Hungarian cartoons??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favorite band of all time and that I’m obsessed with is Pink Floyd and i mostly listen to classic rock and my favorite song echoes by Pink Floyd 23 minutes long released in 1971 

• 2 months later...

I don't think I've ever shared this here, but recently I'm in love with Lounge/Ambient/Bossa Nova music. These are some of my favorites:

Fun fact: The singer of this one is Sandy Cressman, the same singer of Sonic Boom and some Sonic CD back vocals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This oft-forgotten but highly creative game has a pretty great soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 4th everybody 😎 (Grunge makes me proud to be an American :P)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've made a playlist of Eggman-related music (official and fanmade) to listen to while I write my Ivo the Genius chapters. Really puts me in an eggy mood, which helps a lot!

My rationale for music choices was that all boss themes and all "Eggman's Base" themes made the cut. The upshot of that is that, games that take place entirely (or mostly) in Eggman's base or in Eggman-controlled territory (Sonic Spinball, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Colors, Sonic Forces, etc.) had nearly all of their level themes added to the list.

Of course, levels where you play as Eggman (his SA2 stages, Nonaggression from Advance 3, etc.) made the list as well. As did character themes like E.G.G.M.A.N., AoStH Robotnik's theme, and so on.

I find it's best to just put it on shuffle and listen to those funky egg tunes!

• 2 weeks later...

This is easily my favorite music right now, and certainly Tune of the Year for me. I think is what happens when your favorite artist just nail it, and merge two of your favorite genres (Trance and Synth-Pop).

• 1 month later...

I have quite a wide range of music that I like, I primarily listen to rock but I like some other genres here and there too... I like a lot of 70s and 80s rock, and I do like a fair amount of 90s and 2000s rock since that's what I grew up with... I like pretty much all styles of rock music, but I think my favorite type of rock would be classic hard rock- Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, etc..  Aside from rock I also like blues, funk, bluegrass, old country(some new country is good but most of it is too poppy-sounding for me), and some electronic music, and sometimes if I just need some nice calming music I'll listen to some jazz guitar or classical guitar, or relaxing 'soundscapes' music 

Some of my favorite bands/artists: Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Epica, Within Temptation, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Styx, Black Veil Brides, 30 Seconds to Mars, STP, Evanescence, King's X, Bob Seger, Drive By Truckers, Willie Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tantric, Fuel, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and the list goes on and on :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is really weird, but I'm just gonna put it out there. Since mid-September I've been listening to a lot of 80s Japanese City Pop. It started with one YouTube playlist and kind of spread from there. I don't know if that's considered cringe or weird, but I really like the vibes, and though a lot of them can be cheesy love songs, I seemingly can't get enough. It's weird, I literally can't get enough of the genre (though maybe it just takes me a while to get tired of music). I'm like really into these songs, playlist after playlist, and I haven't really gotten tired of it. It's generally really chill, especially when I'm coming home after a long day and it's sunset in the city, very scenic. I don't know, I just need to be validated as a person who listens to 80s Jpop despite not being alive during the 80s.

Other than that a lot of Nujabes, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Herbie Hancock.
My music taste is an enigma.
Here's the playlist:

21 minutes ago, Mr. Ion said:

I don't know if this is really weird, but I'm just gonna put it out there. Since mid-September I've been listening to a lot of 80s Japanese City Pop. It started with one YouTube playlist and kind of spread from there. I don't know if that's considered cringe or weird, but I really like the vibes, and though a lot of them can be cheesy love songs, I seemingly can't get enough. It's weird, I literally can't get enough of the genre (though maybe it just takes me a while to get tired of music). I'm like really into these songs, playlist after playlist, and I haven't really gotten tired of it. It's generally really chill, especially when I'm coming home after a long day and it's sunset in the city, very scenic. I don't know, I just need to be validated as a person who listens to 80s Jpop despite not being alive during the 80s.

Other than that a lot of Nujabes, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Herbie Hancock.
My music taste is an enigma.
Here's the playlist:

Oh I love this genre. I discovered this music a while ago but recently I've been getting back into again. Some recommendations...

(^This one isn't 80s but still a jammer)

I'm also very in to these types of remixes of the genre:

Well, now we are in the middle of Advent, so I'm listening to a lot of Christmas music, especially Adeste Fideles, this is one of my all-time-favorites

Also listening to a lot WIlderun, while waiting for the new album,

• 2 months later...