Awoo.

I hate being IP banned.

Vulpine

Some moderator of a jerk (Brad Flick) apparently thought I was "trolling" and then he edited my last comment to a cuss word! I never use profanity for goodness sake (I'm clean-mouthed), and all I am trying to do is to manage my own reputation (I just don't want to get into trouble by family or anyone else). Then it seems that I can't post anymore comments on the Sonic Stadium blog. I guess that same jerk has banned my IP address completely (I am not going to talk about my IP address because it is private and, as I said before, I don't want to get in trouble). The only thing I could do is to either change my IP or just don't post anymore.

I was there because (Like everyone else) I wanted to express my thoughts on all things Sonic and I wanted to get my points across. It is the Internet: Everyone likes to post comments on blogs to express themselves, and the Sonic Stadium is no exception. I know not everyone is going to have the same opinions as me, but that does not mean they would hold their noses and throw a snit at me. If you or anyone else don't like what I say, then just ignore what I say. It is not a hard thing to learn, people. Whenever I see something I don't like, I look away and pretend that never exists (People should learn the same). The back button on your browser is your best weapon.

Another thing: I'm not a troll, nor am I a flamer. I hate it when people label me as one of those things. I am more open-minded then you think, and unlike most other people in the world, I appreciate the Sonic franchise as a whole, not just half of it. You don't see me complaining and hating the recent Sonic games, do you? Nor do I ever complain about the classics, either. It is because I have grown up with Sonic and known the series since the first Genesis game was released in 1991. I also accept the changes in character design and improvements in games in general. Also, Sonic is not the only thing that I am fond of. I like many different things, which is only good stuff, not bad. I live a normal, happy life, and you just don't know who I am.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Trust me, I know what it's like to be treated like a troll (I was a troll about two years ago!) but they showed me that I was actually saying some things that could appear as trollish. Sometimes, the meaning of the word troll gets blurred. In fact, sometimes the meaning of trolling is opinionated. I have seen some of your comments on the main page and some of them are pretty trollish. Sorry to say that, but it's true. I know you mean no harm and your a good person, but you cannot attack opinions like you were.

Edited by Edge

Trust me, I know what it's like to be treated like a troll (I was a troll about two years ago!) and I'm still treated like one by Brad and a few other members, but they showed me that I was actually saying some things that could appear as trollish. Sometimes, the meaning of the word troll gets blurred. In fact, sometimes the meaning of trolling is opinionated. I have seen some of your comments on the main page and some of them are pretty trollish. Sorry to say that, but it's true. I know you mean no harm and your a good person, but you cannot attack opinions like you were.

It is good to know that someone recognizes me as a good individual who means no harm, but I guess the best thing I can do is to press the back button on my browser if I find something I dislike, or just look at the stuff I like, or not say anything at all.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I know where you're coming from. I was on a Sonic board once, expressing my honest opinion on the current state of the series, and what did a certain moderator do? He told me to gtfo, go to the 4kids forum and then said something about how my opinion was bullshit.

Don't let the mods get you down, just tell an admin or someone why you don't agree with this Brad douchebag editing your statement or why you shouldn't be IP banned. It usually works, trust me.

• Bad Quality Post 1

• Sonic News

Word of advice: when you're being punished, it's wise not to insult the staff.

Also, Brad can't ban anyone.

Also, Brad can't ban anyone.

Isn't it Dreadknux that does the banning? Or does he get someone else to do it?

Word of advice: when you're being punished, it's wise not to insult the staff.

I'd listen to this advice Vulpine. Don't insult the punisher or one of their friends or your punishment will last longer.

Edited by Edge

There is usually a reason behind staff actions other than simply because he/she is a 'jerk'. It's the most common explanation for staff actions that I see and it's incredibly misguided. If you were IP banned it was for a reason and it wasn't done by Brad Flick; you didn't even attempt to find that out did you? XP You simply assumed that Brad is a giant prick and therefore everything he does (or in this case, doesn't do) is due to the fact that he's a giant prick. Yes, in real life, most people who get striked/banned/punished on websites are actually alright people who aren't complete screw-ups, but online we all act differently, don't we? Staff and users alike. Remember that and look at your previous comments with a more open mind so you can see how you might be pissing off some staff.

• Thumbs Up 2

You sound like your pretty young judging by your posts so I'm assuming your pretty new to the internet

Yes it's a very open place where people can say and to an extent do what they want and people can come together and talk & share their own spin on things. It's one of the wonderful things about it!

However, there is such a thing as "etiquette", even on the internet. People respond a lot better if your willing to accept others views even if your own is kind of against the grain. Theres certainly nothing wrong with a good ol debate on ones feelings about subjects, but it's bad bad BAD if you start telling people they must of dropped IQ points to like something or to call someone names. Being outright negative isn't fun too, nobody likes a Mr Negative (unless you are too, in which case misery loves company and thats not a good thing)

• Thumbs Up 1

Some moderator of a jerk (Brad Flick)

I guess that same jerk has banned my IP address completely

Don't let the mods get you down, just tell an admin or someone why you don't agree with this Brad douchebag editing your statement or why you shouldn't be IP banned. It usually works, trust me.

Wow I can't imagine why people like you guys would ever be on staff's shitlist >__>

If you have an open mind how about you open it towards your own actions, as they're inevitably what got you IP banned. Most staff are pretty reasonable and will work things out with you if you're mature and rational about it.............which I'm going to be completely honest and say you're not being with the name calling....oh well.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's impossible for anyone to know the full story from a one-sided rant posted on the public forums. I can't say I know why you were banned, having not seen your posts, but this kind of reactionary response doesn't give me so much hope in your favour.

Having said that, sometimes errors of judgement or overreactions happen, both by members AND staff.

Now, given that a staffer with no power to ban reported it and another staffer (an admin presumably) carried out the ban, there were at LEAST two staff involved in the decision, so you can't blame it one one staffer just being a 'jerk'.

Nevertheless, if anyone DOES feel that a decision was made erroneously or unjustly, the best recourse is NOT to rant about it angrily on the forums. Instead, contact a staffer by PM or by messenger if listed. We're reasonable and will discuss it if it appears there's grounds for reversing a decision. But reactionary behaviour like this post doesn't help your cause, really.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Miles Per Hour

Not this douchebag again... He hacked my computer over a year ago saying I was his "test mule"

He doesn't deserve the authority he has treating members like this.

Edited by Miles Per Hour
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

NOT helpful. Please. If you have an issue with a staffer, take it up with the staff. We'll need evidence of what happened and we'll discuss it in the Staff Area, not out here.

For now, there's nothing to support your claims, and abusing ANY member with insults such as "piece of shit" or "douchebag" is a violation of forum rules and likely to get you a strike.

No more flaming in here please of ANYONE.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't IP ban anyone. I can just prune comments. You're barking up the wrong tree and insulting the wrong person.

Also, with the way you talk, you ever wonder why you're on the staff shit list? You deserve it. You don't know how to post without starting trouble. Vulpine, every time you posted, you strolled in with a big, long "you're wrong you're wrong you're wrong" post. I was absolutely tired of it. You were all about your own expression, but decided to always walk all over others. People like you make the front page an insufferable shithole of a place to discuss anything. It's not the fact that you're expressing a different opinion, it's how you express said opinion. The way you did it was so antagonistic. You can't do that and expect anybody to like you.

Edge easily has the best advice for you, since he is speaking from experience. He's probably the most reformed member/commenter we have here. He was just like you about 2 weeks ago and is more respectful to people on the front page. Before he changed, he was on the chopping block. Now, he's fine.

Vulpine, if you would have taken my advice and chilled out, then you would probably not be hated. You received many warnings. Alternatively, you can come and talk it out instead of bitching about it on the forum. My contact information is readily available. Now that I've seen you whine like a child over it, it's clear to me that you're unfit to be posting on it and whoever took you out was right in doing so.

Thank you and have a great Labor Day. Go play Binky's game while you're at it.

And you are...?

Not this douchebag again... He hacked my computer over a year ago saying I was his "test mule"

I don't know who you are or why you keep bringing that up, but I didn't do whatever you're talking about. Please, shut up. Whatever "that" was, it was years ago. Get over it.

• Thumbs Up 9
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Edge easily has the best advice for you, since he is speaking from experience. He's probably the most reformed member/commenter we have here. He was just like you about 2 weeks ago and is more respectful to people on the front page. Before he changed, he was on the chopping block. Now, he's fine.

I'm assuming you're Brad because you have the same icon as him on the main site and you said that you can't IP ban and Brad was the one in question about that, so if you are Brad then thank you and I'm glad you don't think I'm a troll anymore. I just want to get along with the staff and other members. I was really tired of getting so much crap and now I don't get any of that anymore because I apologized to Dreadknux and did exactly what I'm about to suggest to Vulpine...

If you want to be able to post on the site then just watch what you say. Read through your message several times to make sure that no one can take it out of context, and if a comment comes up that you don't agree with then just leave it alone because chances are, if you comment you'll just end up getting your ass kicked. Sure it's tiring to see 06 bashed constantly after 4 years and yes it is upsetting to see the fanbase bitch about things, but if you bitch about their bitching then you come off as a troll and you're just adding fuel to the bitchfit. Keep this in mind once you're allowed to comment again. And most importantly, PLEASE keep this in mind on the message boards. The message boards give you more freedom than the main site, but abusing that freedom can end up with horrible results.

Oh and while I'm at it, never call a mod or staff member a jerk or a douche-bag cause then your just asking for trouble.

Edited by Edge
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ha ha ha! I guess you written that "Attention: TSS Commenters" as a response to my comments. I'm not the one who needs to be educated by some kiddy flash game, because I know how to distinguish opinions from facts with my own mind. I read books, I browse the Internet, I do a lot of good stuff in my life and you just don't know who I am.

I just still wish people (especially Sonic fans) were more open-minded and not complain so much about such little things. The whole argument is getting old and I am here to have fun and express myself, not to cause trouble. I apologize for posting comments that attack opinions that are against mine, but to be honest: I hate it when people compare Sonic with anything Disney because I see the two being different from one another (Just like every video game series is to a corporate media giant from the film industry) and the problem I have with Sonic fans also being Disney fans is that these people and what they want to see increase the chances of Disney buying the rights to the Sonic franchise and all things SEGA in the future, and I will be unhappy if that happens, and I don't want that happening (I know I don't work for SEGA, but the best thing I could do is to spread my word across on a site like this one). And as you said, I also dislike the Sonic 2006-bashing because it is one of my favorite Sonic games and I don't get why people hate it so much. The Sonic fandom is one corrupted community, and all I am trying to do is to make things better by having a chance to unleash my free speech. I am well aware that the Sonic Stadium is not an official site, nor does it have an affilation with SEGA, but who knows, it still may spread the word on how to contribute to the Sonic franchise.

For those who don't know, these are the entries where people started to cuss and flame me because of my opinions:

The SatAM Sea3on Comic

Behind the Mushroom Hill Video

New Sonic 4 Preview in latest Nintendo Power

I did not mean any harm. All I was trying to do is to write my opinion on said subjects, but I promise not to go too off-topic the next time.

Here is a little deal: I'll stop being a pain and ranting all the time if you would stop editing my comments into a cuss word. I'm a very clean-mouthed person and I would never say a cuss word ever in my life, so don't ruin my reputation. I don't want to get in trouble, and I advise you to leave my comments alone and not edit them. If you don't like them, then there are only two options: Delete or ignore.

I promise to not abuse my own freedom and watch what I say as well. Heck, I have learned lessons before. It's not like I forgot that lesson, since I might learn that lesson again.

Is calling anyone a jerk really necessary? It's really incredibly immature, and I know you don't want to sound like a little kid. Nobody has edited your comments in any of the links you posted. In fact, all the people "flaming" you in the very same link are showing far more respect to you than you did to them.

Nobody is editing anything, your attacking the wrong person, you're the one who did anything at all wrong and you're complaining that you were punished?

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

Just because those front page entries look harmless, that doesn't mean a stupid fight can break out. It's the Sonic community. Hell, it's the Internet. It takes one little comment by anybody to send a thread into absolute shit-flinging, off-topic chaos. I had to delete comments in T-Bird's Crush 40 article because a silly argument broke out about SONIC '06. I post a picture of SCRAP BRAIN ART, go to work and come back to find that there is a fight between classic and modern Sonic. I mean, really? Really?! It doesn't matter where it happens, it's that it happened.

Since you liked to rant and denounce all those before and after you, there was plenty to pick apart and fight over.

Your "evidence" also works against you. You're caught in the act of off-topic ranting and blatant disrespect to other readers of the site. Let's take the Nintendo Power preview story.

Look at you rant about Epic Mickey, something unrelated to Sonic. Wow, good job.

Look at you continue to rant about Epic Mickey after you irked some members with your initial, off-topic rant.

Look at Eggman123 (a very cool guy, by the way) call you out for being a dick.

Look at you persist "to get your views across" to a crowd that would like you to shut up.

Look, it's the end of the thread! We spent the whole time talking about your stupid rant than the Sonic 4 preview. Now, you've caught my attention as somebody that needs to be pruned out when necessary. "Necessary" was just about every single time you commented from then on.

As Nathan said above me, "all the people 'flaming' you in the very same link are showing far more respect to you than you did to them." You think your "freedom of speech" is higher than other readers. I don't like that. It only promotes a negative atmosphere.

If you don't like them, then there are only two options: Delete or ignore.

I promise to not abuse my own freedom and watch what I say as well. Heck, I have learned lessons before. It's not like I forgot that lesson, since I might learn that lesson again.

You received those two options many times. I deleted them, since everybody decided to reply to you and run off-topic (with you continuing to defend your silliness). After a deletion, you'd walk right back in and whine about how your post was deleted. You expect me to believe that my only two options are "delete" and "ignore?" Since leaving you ignored would continue to cause trouble in a given comment section and deleting only prompted you to post more (with an extra spoonful of bitching), the third option had to be exacted: editing. Yeah, that got your attention, didn't it? Yet, in spite of my edit and telling you to stop being "an ass" in your own post, you persisted even further. Congratulations, I'm out of options. Looks like option four (IP ban) was taken care of for me. Maybe Wordpress saw that I was frequently binning your comments and did some auto-ban thing. I have no idea.

You should really take your own advice on the "ignoring" front. If you don't like what you read (either in a post or another person's comment), you don't have to reply to it with such bite. You can ignore it and spare us your dramatics. I'm sure if you followed your own advice, you'd be commenting on the front page right now.

With all that said, I cannot restore your posting privileges to the front page. Sorry, kid.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Alright, I think everything that's needed to be said has been said, so there's no point in continuing this debacle. Let's move on, live and learn right? The end. Locked.

• Thumbs Up 1