Awoo.

Tiny Chao Garden question

Speederino

Normally I would just go to the Gamefaqs boards to ask a simple question, but since the Sonic Advance 2 board is pretty dead, I think this is the next best place =P

Anyways, the first Sonic Advance had a glitch. If you deleted the game data, rings collected from the main levels would not show up in the Tiny Chao Garden anymore. Does Sonic Advance 2 have this same problem? I want to start the game over from scratch, but I'm not going to delete my data if I can't use the Chao Garden properly.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• agoodusername

• Speederino

• Sapphire

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in Sonic Advance 2 if you delete your data the Chao Garden wouldn't exist because you have to unlock it by collecting the Chaos Emeralds.

Just play it on a different Gameboy. If you're like me, you have plenty of them to go around.

EDIT: Whoops, got confused, my bad. Maybe just buy another cartridge? They can't be that expensive, the game came out a while ago.

Edited by Sapphire

Just play it on a different Gameboy. If you're like me, you have plenty of them to go around.

That wouldn't change anything. If you delete the data then you delete the chao garden. What does a different GameBoy have to do with it?

Edited by Edge

Well, in Sonic Advance 2 if you delete your data the Chao Garden wouldn't exist because you have to unlock it by collecting the Chaos Emeralds.

It wouldn't still remember the ring count when I re-unlock it? Yeah, I suppose it would make sense if that got deleted, too. I remember deleting the data in SA1 didn't delete any actual data from the Chao Garden outside of the ability to save rings (I think, it's been a while since I did it), but the Chao Garden is open from the start in that game.

So just to clarify: Deleting data in SA2 doesn't just re-lock the garden with all of its contents still intact and waiting for you to re-unlock it, it deletes the Chao, items, and ring count as well? (I would think deleting the ring count would make it so that damn glitch can't pop up again) I'm perfectly fine with it if it does, but I want to be SURE I won't run into another glitch. I already lost one Tiny Chao Garden, dangit!

EDIT: I managed to find the manual after braving the depths of my extremely cluttered drawer. It says that selecting 'Delete Game Data' will not delete data for the Tiny Chao Garden. It doesn't say if I'll have to re-unlock it or not, but I'm more worried about the potential glitch.

Edited by Speederino