Awoo.

azoos art

azoo

These are all very awesome! Critiques, eh?

For your character, maybe work on his facial features a little, including hair. In a lot of anime styled characters, it ends up being the clothes that define the character, but try making some unique features that will be instantly recognizable. An example would be a headset or maybe a set of piercings. Anything that will make your character stand out aside from his clothes. (meaning, shirt, pants and shoes)

But essentially your style is good. I like the first two pictures the best.

I'm gonna play with the designs more, but I'm just getting mixed up signs with making Azu. He's just... an enigma. I can't seem to get a solid foundation on what his personality is; so I can't even determine what I want from him.

Sylvester Stallone would be so proud :3

I absolutely love Adventure-style "Edgy" Sonic, and I personally believe that you've captured his essence pretty much perfectly; a few PhotoShop shaders and digital colouring effects and it'll easily be the best artwork of the bunch. As it stands, though, it's on a par with that awesome Taco (who looks like he himself is having something of an "Edgy" moment - probably after playing too much Alien Hominid, judging by his facial expression) and the vile, rotting skulls - seriously, they could be on the cover of an extreme Black Metal album and look totally at home.

As for your character: I know that you probably weren't aiming for this, but he really does look like a cartoon version of Bentley Jones - but don't worry; this can only mean that his hair has to be darned cool. :)

• 4 months later...

1296419036.jpg

1296417872.jpg

1296419203.jpg

1296419353.jpg

1296439561.jpg

Donating a scanner to me would be a wonderful thing, much better than iPhone cameras ;~;

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5

I LOVE YOUR EGGMANS. Look at dose faces! Wily little bugger, that guy. The only thing wrong with that sketchbook that I can think of is that there aren't nearly enough doodles of Eggman up in in there. xD

Oh, and that last image of yours is positively amazing. Positively brilliant utilization of facial expressions! I can almost feel the pain that Sonikku must be feeling as Derp Herp Knuckalz's fist makes contact with his face.

Also Dr. Eggsheep ftw.

Why thank you! :D

I'll make sure to post more pictures of Robotnik and crazy facial expressions, then. lol

In the meantime, here's this:

1296529478.jpg

Decided to fiddle around with my ol' namesake character again. Give him darker hair and a new getup... to seperate him from looking too much like me. =<

Be on watch, I'm gonna post more up in a minute.

Sure, why not? :3

Also, dear HunterTSF:

1296531817.jpg

Robotnik and facial expressions, right? Well, I got them both for you right here! =D

1296531967.jpg

Gotta give some love for Mina Mongoose. She's one of the only Archie characters I actually like.. except nowadays she seems whiny and annoying. Jeez, if only they'd redesign her... like I did! Well, sort of. I took an idea someone drew up on DA and then expanded on it.. and by expand I meant, redraw and make the middle of her peice like a checkered belt. :P Oh well, Mina is awesome.

1296527875.jpg

Charmy's new love interest. Also, the world's manliest platypus.

1296528361.jpg

Sega's beautiful new mascot HAPPY THE KOALA.

• Thumbs Up 2

YAY! I positively love these Eggman doodles! I'm quite fond of how emotive the moustache is in conjunction with the eyebrows. Also, that "DO NOT WANT" Eggman is just begging to become an image macro.

Why, I love these sketches so much that I've wasted 9,000 hours in MSPaint shoddily colouring them!

azukarawilyeggman.pngazukarajoystickeggman.pngazukaradreggsheep.pngazukarahaweggman.pngazukaraeggmandonotwant.pngazukaraanxiouseggman.pngazukaraoshieggman.pngazukaraposeeggman.png

Also got a new wallpaper out of it. Woo woo. Your art's awesome, Azukara!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

You are improving Azukaraaa! Just take a look at the pics in your first post, and compare them to these recent ones. It's obvious that you've gotten much better. :3

And it's nice to see some colors in your drawings too. They make your pics prettier. X3

The art is AWESOME.

I really like how you did the classic and modern sonic, but how you did Robotnik with so much emotion and life put in..Makes me happy.

That level concept on the first post was really interesting to take a peek in, and the art in the new post, such as 2D..Which looks really well done.

Can't really offer criticism, since I'm not much of a critic when it comes to art,but will say the art is very nice :D

Thank you guys! I'm happy to hear I'm improving over my previous works. By the way, decided to throw in Murdoc Niccals for the sake of it.

murdoc_by_azukaramegadriver-d3c91t0.png

Such a dirty old sleazebag. You got to love him for that though.

Edited by Azukara

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I am stunned at all the artwork, not just the Gorillaz ones but the whole topic, man, you are fooking great at drawing ;)

Loving all the artwork, especially the level design shizzle :o

Keep up the good work bud :D can't wait to see more :P