Awoo.

azoos art

azoo

Gorillaz clearly puts a lot of influence on your art style, and I really like what you've managed with it so far. There's a ton of expression in it and I can only see it becoming better from here on out.

I quite like what you managed to do with the Silver picture as well. Kudos to you, buddy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wowee, thanks sir Carbo. =>

Also, speaking of those Gorillaz...

gorillaz_jumble_by_azukaramegadriver-d4kb9kc.png

I am having way too much fun today.

Edited by Azublitzen
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

i__m_a_mic_soldier__i_fight_giants_and_ogres_by_azukaramegadriver-d4ml6jm.png

Hey look, I drew a Russel Hobbs

I need to stop drawing Gorillaz, they're too addicting, I've been drawing them since last March <_>

• 5 weeks later...

Oooo I like that....really need to start getting better with BG's myself. It finished yet?

Sure do!

CGZconceptderping.png

whateverdiddlydude.png

testingthatblockystyleorsomething2-1.png

More drawings of Cascade Grove, after I decided to make it look less like GHZ from Generations.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

hongkongaton_by_azukaramegadriver-d4vchu1.png

These gorillaz, they just don't stop coming from me.

Actually it's been a while since I've done anything related to a group picture, so I felt like this was overdue. Then again, my entry for Silva's 21st anniversary thing is overdue too, so I should start on that soon.

Oh yeah, and then this picture of a 2D:

it__s_by_the_light_of_the_plasma_screen_by_azukaramegadriver-d4u5p14.png

• Thumbs Up 1

loop.png

platforms.png

Been trying to do more perspective-accurate drawings for CGZ. Also did another picture of CGZ, but I didn't like it (even if I worked on it for hours). I might post it, might not.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just looked through all 4 pages of this topic, and whoa, this is awesome. Like, everything you posted is just amazing, and I'm especially digging the concept arts. Keep up the good work, man!

<: Yo Azu, your artstuffs is great, why don't you post more of it srsly goshmcjeez

• 1 month later...

You've stolen all my likes, Azu! Why would you do such a thing?! What have they done to deserve- okay yeah so anyways great art!

Thanks, guys!

And I think it's time I gave out the descriptions of these characters I made.

the_cast___part_one_by_azukaramegadriver-d3hzr7f.png

Let's begin, shall we? In order of importance (minus the last one)..

- Rodger (bottom-center). A street rat about somewhere in his mid-20s. He's incredibly carefree and a bit of a goofball, but he's also really down to earth.. nevertheless, he has his own problems. Being the vagabond he is, he tends to live on the streets, freerunning the rooftops and scavenging for food and shelter to make it the next day. He's had a problem with the law for his occasional bouts into kleptomania, but being without permanent possessions, what are you to do? He's spent every day of his life learning the ways of the city, depending on everyone and noone at the same time, until one night he was given an offer he couldn't refuse..

- Derrick (top-left). Owner of the once well recieved Rosseau's Diner, he is of the third generation to have the place handed down to him. A strange mixture of classy and apathetic, Derrick is one of the most smug lazy people you can find. Rather than keeping his hand-me-down diner in ship shape, he lies around all day, drinking variations of wine and coffee, giving orders and nagging along, without a care in the world about anyone's (or the diner's) well being. However, in a tiny shred of kindness (but mostly slothfulness), he'd given Rodger a job at the diner as a dishwasher, and paying him in meals. Rodger's been mooching off of him ever since..

- Mizu (center). Mizu is the diner's most hardworking and trustworthy waitress, but she is a bit on klutzy side. Although overbearing on herself regarding daily tasks, she usually has her head in the clouds and hopes to someday get away from the middle-class life she's living at the moment, which spearheads her hard work on the job since she desperately needs to pay for her college funds so she can move on. Most customers whom visit the diner would've stopped coming by if it weren't for them getting to know Mizu and feeling the need to help her out. Even so, she gets constant flak from Derrick for even her smallest shortcomings.

- Manwell (top-center). Derrick's number one go-to chef. He's "seen things", or at least that what he always says. He's said to live inside of the actual diner, but no one stays there late enough to know if he really does or not. All they know is that he can make some mean food anywhere from the 'subpar' to 'incredible' range. No one else really knows anything about him, though, and even if anyone does, its probably due to getting to know him and promising not to say a word.

- Shyla (bottom-right). Local common visitor of Derrick's diner. She's very antsy, and assumed by most as.. well, a bit looney. If theres anyone that's just scared of anything anywhere, it would be her. Terribly scatterbrained and overattentive, Shyla tends to have incredible fears of unreasonable amounts, xenophobic tendencies to anyone outside of herself (and her only close friend, Manwell), and overtly professed beliefs in the spiritual and supernatural. Somewhere deep inside herself, though, there's a brave leader that can organize and make great things happen, but will we ever see that? Only time will tell.

- Venus (center-left). Derrick's.. girlfriend? Its a touchy subject. They tend to go through so many arguments and slap fights a day that its hard to say what they are. They seem together, though. Anyways, she's a real punkiss. Has very aggressive tendencies and generally acts like a nob, being rather loud and roudy a lot of the time. Not exactly perfect for running a paperboy routine, right?

- Felice (top-right). Derrick's bubbly and overachieving sister. She has taken full advantage of her raisings in higher society (unlike Derrick) and has moved on from her job at the diner, however she still comes by every so often to check on how well her baby brother has taken care of things. She's not too terribly important, and there isn't much more to know about her since she's very much an open book; a not very complex one, at that.

- Mr. Robinson (center-right). The city's current district attourney, soon trying to win over the crowd as mayor. Strong willed and a grade-A smooth talker, he has a kind of crooked sense of justice and a large ego to feed. With some sort of personal vendetta against our favorite vagabond Rodger, and a need to pry for a good excuse to tear down the now-loosely-rooted establishment we know as Rosseau's Diner; this bad mamma-jamma is willing to pull out all the stops to bring this diner on it's knees and out of business (you know, for space to build a new "business" complex for himself, all that jazz).

All I got for them right now. Hopefully more will come of this sometime soon.

Edited by Azukara

rodger_and_derrick_by_azukaramegadriver-d5ft2oa.png

Aaaand it's Rodger and Derrick, from earlier! (Also please let me know what you think about those character descriptions, guys, I need as much comments/critique as possible <v>; )

Edited by Azukara

• 3 weeks later...