Awoo.

The wheels on the Hog go round and round

Badnik Mechanic

So you know how lately theres been a number of topics/finds

Well I was reading Sega Memories and someone has taken one giant leap in the mutant/copy stakes. Barry the Nomad of Sega memories took this photo and it made me laugh.

Ayutthaya+bus+with+ad_DSC0010.jpg

Oh thats right folks, Sonic has been copied on someones business yet again. Only this time he's a bit red and sporting a blue jacket. Red Sonic also likes Levi's and Converse shoes. The letter R and 3 stars are important to red Sonic.

The bus is driving around the Ayutthaya Kingdom in Thailand and if you sit in the wondow where Sonics finger is pointing... people will point and laugh at you.

Anyway, thanks again go to Barry the Nomad for taking this picture. You can read Barry's... Barry... wait a second... It's Barry the RedHog! This must have been his job before Sega hired him!

well once again. thanks to Barry the Nomad over at Sega Memories for taking the picture and the article.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm surprised you adress to our vey own Doctor Eggman as Barry the Nomad, I guess that's his most known nickname since he uses that one everywhere except here. :unsure:

Also, (to continue with the Barry posting pictures of Barry before being know as Barry lame jokes) I always though Barry the Redhog was a Nomad, and that bus sort of proves his love for traveling around the world. :)

Edited by gato

At this point, I have to wonder if Sega has sold Sonic's partial likeness to bootleg companies to let them virally market their stuff through sites like this.

Ha! I see this thread, think there is a connection to wonderful me and lo and behold it is! Glad my photo could entertain :D

Also, I endorse the idea that the red colors hedgehog will be named Barry. B)

I believe that this bus could be the mobile container for all the items ripping off Sonic's image. Think about it! We all chip in and buy the bus, fill it with pickle jars and Harry Potter Obama Sonic backpacks and drive around the world acting as a traveling freak show. We'd make dozens of dollars! Dozens!

Now we know what he was waiting for:

291f3lz.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 4

+1 rep for the title. That was funny. :lol:

But yeah, seeing all these kind of things is getting redundant nowadays.

To be fair to the ripoff-on-wheels, it was photographed in 2006. So it pre-dates many of the other ripoffs. You have to admit, if this rolled into town you'd put on your LEVI jeans, a pair of Converse sneakers and hop aboard! ;)

Red hedgehog, blue jacket? I think I died a little inside! I love it when unqualified companies plaster him over everything. It just goes to show you, Sonic is the most charismatic video game character ever to a lot of people.

New friend of Sonic to appear in the 2011 game! Levi the Converse:

87524874.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 11 months later...

As said I'm gonna put this here, better place for it.biggrin.png

Its a scan of a local news paper with a article about a mini basketball tournament and as you can see the mascot of the tournament seems very familiar...

(warning big picture)

img031dc.jpg

Edited by redhellc
  • Thumbs Up 3

Chase the Bushog? Bah. Ducks are still faster than this vehicle overall.

I wonder how long it will take anyone to get this joke...

To be fair to the ripoff-on-wheels, it was photographed in 2006. So it pre-dates many of the other ripoffs. You have to admit, if this rolled into town you'd put on your LEVI jeans, a pair of Converse sneakers and hop aboard! wink.gif