Awoo.

You Know You've Played Too Much Sonic When...?

Glenn

Good god, I thought I was the only one who did that.

My god. There are others... of course I have done this with many many characters too, several outside the

sonic series. I imagine Mario hopping from rooftops and so on... maybe it's not that I played too much Sonic, but too much of anything.

Oooh I have another one:

When you can remember Sonic's birthday, but not your dad's xD

This...

I can remember his birthday, but Mine, and my brother's birthday are the only ones in my family that I remember.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Whenever I'm running and make a sharp turn, I think to myself "DRIFT BONUS!"

And I too have played the Sonic running alonside me in a car game.

• Thumbs Up 2

~You Make a Life Soundtrack and 37% of it is Sonic Songs

~You've seriously considered getting a Sonic Tattoo

~You bought a certain console JUST to play That Awesome New Sonic Game

~You ask the lady doing face painting to paint your face like Sonic

--And you ask the clown shaping ballons to make a Sonic Hat or a Sonic...

---and THEN you go to the Hot Dog stand and ask for a Chillidog!

~You print out pictures of Sonic

--And but them all in a special ziplock baggie

---And Carry them all around with you everywhere

~When you run low on gas, you don't just look for a gas station- you look for an Exxon because their cash registers make the Sonic Ring Sound Effect!

---

All of this is true!

Edited by Baking Blue Potatoe
  • Thumbs Up 5

When you assossiate any environment to those of SA1 and SA2.

When you wanna jump on every rail and ramp you see.

When on a trampoline you perform every move based on Sonic Rush/Advent.

When you have the urge of Running along side a city bus.

When you scream "Your too slow!!" when you type a massage on the forum faster then anyone.

Or simply when you finish every line you say with "AW YEAH!!"

When you're jogging outside and you try running Sonic unleashed style for the heck of it...

In broad daylight.

Where people can possibly see you.

I did that. More than once. Yeah. ._."

When you think you can do a spin-dash in real life...going UPstairs.

Did that when I was 3 years old, and found out the hard way that it wasn't possible. My mom thought I was crazy when I did that.

I'm sure others have as well. :lol:

Another is when you think you can turn into Super Sonic. When I was 8 years old, whenever I wanted to go fast, I would act like I got all the Chaos Emeralds and run in your typical fashion. Ah, good times.

Wasn't as bad when I thought I could go Super Saiyan tho. I powered up for so long I nearly passed out.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Did that when I was 3 years old, and I'm sure others have as well. :lol:

I actually taught myself to do quick somersaults in rapid succession (without hurting myself) back in the 5th grade, especially down grassy hills, mimicking a spindash. I can still do it today. My friends often go "Hey do that sonic roll thing again! :V" Though if you do it too much, you can get dizzy, really fast. :s

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually taught myself to do quick somersaults in rapid succession (without hurting myself) back in the 5th grade, especially down grassy hills, mimicking a spindash. I can still do it today. My friends often go "Hey do that sonic roll thing again! :V" Though if you do it too much, you can get dizzy, really fast. :s

Man, when I was six, I literally just rolled down hills in a somersault position. I just didn't get up. I kept fucking going.

Really, really painful if you don't look where your going to be rolling first. Rocks on elbows and knees. Ow.

Did that when I was 3 years old, and found out the hard way that it wasn't possible. My mom thought I was crazy when I did that.

I'm sure others have as well. :lol:

Now I have an excuse for falling down the stairs so often when I was little!

The closest I've come to a spin dash was at a barbecue. There was this overturned park garbage can thing some kids were rolling around. I got on top and it rolled me into a donut shape like three times around as it went down the hill, over my face, around my back, and around again. I remember it hurt a lot but it was fun.

I did this once going DOWNstairs when I was 3 or 4. Not a good outcome. Not a good outcome at all.

Oh yeah, and today in history we talked about Ellis Island and Angel Island. As soon as my teacher mentioned the later, I jolted up from my half-sleep and smiled to myself.

~In PE Class you make your nickname that of a Sonic character!

--That nickname IS Sonic

(Lol, I waas like "Call me Sonya!" {cuz "Sonic is to obvious.. and I'm a girl so it'd be wierd})

--All your movements match that of the character of your nick!

~You ALWAYS wear your Sonic Shirts

--And you have a whole wardrobe worth of Sonic Clothes. (crazy person!)

~You make a Sonic Character Snowman instead of a regular Snowman

--Somebody makes one resembling Eggman/Robotnik and you tear it down!

----You make a Robotnik/Eggman Snowman and then beat it up and tear it down 5 seconds later (you bipolar little freak)

~When your science teacher asks you "Who's the greatest scientist that ever lived?" you respond with...

--Dr. Eggman

----Dr. Gerald Robotnik

------And you proceed to get into an argument with somebody over it!

LOL

-You throw a freaking Sonic birthday party! I do, and it's awesome! I think next year I'll make chili dogs.

-When you know most infamous Sonic quotes or can quote scenes:

"The servers are the seven Chaos. Chaos is power, power is enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos."

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that won't help you since I know everything you're going to do, STRANGE ISN'T IT!"

"Why can't I defeat you?"

"BECAUSE WE'RE SONIC HEROES!"

Haha, I could go on.

-When you can relate most (if not all things) to Sonic. I know I can!

-When people ask you how many characters there are and you reply, "Which universe?"

-When you stop EVERYTHING to look at the commercial for the next game coming out. I didn't want to play Unleashed when it first came out, but I damn sure turned my head to watch Sonic run along that dragon.

-When the ring sound effect is the noise you hear when you receive a text. Bonus points if you've ever thought you got a text while playing Sonic only to realize it was the game!

Not so much playing Sonic too much, but when I was younger...... REAL young, I remembered the Sonic OVA word for word. I know this because me and my sister did the whole movie scene by scene, word for word, not once having to stop and think about what line was next, all with plushies, without the actual movie on........ *cries in hands* Then again it's not like that movie was LONG or anything.

Oh my... Me and my sister do this ALL THE TIME.

I've watched the movie over 500 times now. Am nearing 600...

I've created several (A fair few) screenshots by "borrowing" my dad's laptop and putting the OVA in there. (Arle_kiko on photobucket if you're interested by the way) I plan to make more at some point soon.

I have a Tails plushie and Sonic and Knuckles figures and me and my sister always act it out. She doesn't know Tails' nerdy rampage("I don't get it, how can you be sure of that?" "Because Metal was programmed with all of Sonic's data..."etc etc)or Knuckles' geographical rampage("I've travelled the sub-terranian levels of this planet and I know them better than anyone." etc etc) off by heart fully yet, so I always do them.

That movie is easily my favorite movie ever.

And when I listen to music, it is 90% Sonic music, 9% VOCALOID, 1% "Normal music". And when it is normal music, it is in some way or another associated with Sonic.

When I hear things on the radio somehow I hear Sonic music in them. "Just haven't met you yet"(I don't know the name lol) by Michael Buble for example, just as the sax solo starts I think it sounds like "Super Sonic Racing"

NO REALLY.

And when I'm on the long journey to Nottingham I see items relating to Sonic along the way and hear the sounds, and occasionally Sonic is running along. All while the OVA is playing on my little car TV screen. :D

... your computer of 1 To memory contains 96% of stuff related to Sonic & Co. without exceptions...

You know you've played too much when you sometimes have elaborate and complex dreams involving Sonic and friends on a new adventure.

I had a dream once where I was in a movie theater and I was a famous movie director. It was like a pre screening for a film I made with movie critics in the audience and the movie was...Sonic adventure 2 ! It wasn't word for word like the game or anything but it had awesome original music and was all CGI. The graphics were great, the story adaptation and script were great....It's just too bad I can't remember the musical score for the opening, cause it was a epic like the main theme for Spiderman. :(

lol yep too much Sonic.

~When you run low on gas, you don't just look for a gas station- you look for an Exxon because their cash registers make the Sonic Ring Sound Effect!

Absolutely true!!!! I just discovered that this summer when I went to get gas. I got all excited and asked the register lady about it...The lady at the cash register didn't know what the hell I was talking about though. <_<

Edited by Bebe_theSaint

To all the people doing spindash moves in real life... HOW do you still have spines?! :blink::lol:

It's hard to explain, but when doing it on hard surfaces, I can do a quick maneuver that somehow makes my back "hop" over the ground, without touching it. I basically put my hands on the ground before the roll, and use my arms to lift up my whole body a couple inches off the ground mid-roll, and land softly on my lowerback/butt/ soles of the feet. :P I can do this in quick succession and once did it around the whole Gym in gym class while everyone had :U faces, though I was dizzy for a few minutes afterward. XD

Though on grass, the back thing isn't really a problem, I just somersault normally, using my feet to push off each roll, again in rapid succession.

Also, remember to tuck your head in. :U

I should record myself doing this one day as a demonstration. I dunno, maybe.

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's hard to explain, but when doing it on hard surfaces, I can do a quick maneuver that somehow makes my back "hop" over the ground, without touching it. I basically put my hands on the ground before the roll, and use my arms to lift up my whole body a couple inches off the ground mid-roll, and land softly on my lowerback/butt/ soles of the feet. :P I can do this in quick succession and once did it around the whole Gym in gym class while everyone had :U faces, though I was dizzy for a few minutes afterward. XD

Though on grass, the back thing isn't really a problem, I just somersault normally, using my feet to push off each roll, again in rapid succession.

Also, remember to tuck your head in. :U

I should record myself doing this one day as a demonstration. I dunno, maybe.

Please, yes! Sounds awesome! :D

Alas, I'm too tall for stuff like that. At 6'2", I'd probably just look stoopid. :(