Awoo.

You Know You've Played Too Much Sonic When...?

Glenn

...when your main character in Brawl is Sonic. >_>

You mean start a new story in Brawl starting with Sonic and go against the game settings/laws to never switch him to someone else, even if you die?

To all the people doing spindash moves in real life... HOW do you still have spines?! :blink::lol:

You know you've played too much Sonic when the first thing that came into your head when you read this was "Humans don't have spines, silly! That's a hedgehog thing."

• Thumbs Up 2

I was out with a friend and his family a few weeks ago. We're both big Sonic fans. So, my friend and I were playing DS and having our own conversation while the others were talking about various other things, but as soon as we heard them mention the word "Sonic" (I can't remember if they actually meant Sonic the Hedgehog or not now), we both turned around in excitement. The reaction we got, it was just hilarious.

So yeah, any little reference to Sonic and you've got my attention.

Whenever I step into the Exxon gas station for a bite to eat during my break/lunch at work. They got new cash registers that make sounds, and one of the sounds is the damn ring chime whenever they ring up an item. It also goes "uh oh" in a really high falsetto voice whenever the barcode can't scan, but I imagine I'm going to hear the 1-UP jingle one of these days because I'm in there so often since all the good food joints are on the far opposite side of the complex.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I've played too much sonic when I play the Speed up music from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 when I'm running to the bus stop in the morning to get the bus to college, I know Sonic Adventure Sonic story dialogue from the start to till the end of Sonic story & I always listen to Jun Senoue music from Sonic 3D Blast to Sonic the Hedgehog 4 I've always got Jun playing on my iPod XD.

One time I decided to play Sonic games all night. The next day I kept hearing ring noises in my head. Lots and lots of ring noises... :P

This happens to me everyday all the time 24/7 I just can't get the sounds of those rings out of my head, I've had 14 years of hearing those ring noises so I'm not quite shocked that I have that sound in my head everyday XD.

Heh heh its always such a laugh. Especially when I look out the window when I'm on a car or a bus and imagine Sonic running along side.

This

When on a ride Trafford Centre or somewhere I always go into a day dream and stare outside the window and I imagine that Sonic & Tails are running on those hills that I'm going past lol =).I think I need to lay of the Sonic for a while XD

And I always seem to whistle or hum the Sonic 1 & 2 title screen music all the time heh.

Edited by Shaddix

I realized I played to much when I got told to be quiet in the library because I was talking to my party in Dark Brotherhood. I was reminded when I could do every special zone in Sonic 2 with a blindfold on. I'm working on Sonic Heroes now. I just love special zones so darn much...

I wore a Sonic shirt to school and got 3 compliments. I pranced around all day just being happy that other people in my life like Sonic.

When you go to Sonic drive-in's to buy chili dogs, and only chili dogs.

When you can identify exactly when and why Sonic says this: "breaker-echo-red-zero-zero-niner"

When you grow dreadlocks just to look like Knuckles, and then believe that they'll let you glide.

When you customize your OS sounds to use S3&K SFX.

70% of your ipod playlist is sonic music, and another 20% percent is remixes of said music.

• Thumbs Up 1

When you can name every stage in Sonic 3 and knuckles even though you haven't played it in 2 years =o

And haven't looked up any info on it.

Edited by Jetronic

You have collected all Seven ( or six in Sonic 1 ) Emeralds with all the characters in Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K. I do mean all of them. You downloaded Hacks of Sonic 1 that allow Tails and Knuckles gameplay. You probably also played as Sonic twice, once alone, once with Tails. You may have done the same with knuckles, as seen hacks with Tails following Knuckles. You wish you had a hack where Knuckles follows Sonic, or Knuckles AND Tails follow you. You also got pretty darn far in that buggy EGGMAN in Sonic 1 hack.

Also, you own many fan games/hacks, even if they aren't that good, or don't change much.

...While playing mario, you call the coins "rings".

when your nickname for your little brother is Tails. :lol:

when the intro to SA2 is your ring tone.

when most of the songs on you ipod or iphone are from Sonic games.

When you write a paper explaining why you would take the Sonic adventure 2 soundtrack with you if you ever got stuck on a deserted island and could only take one CD.

I have done all of these.

Edited by Gamer18

Farnsworth, I thought exactly the same, but I only remembered that people had spines when you posted. XD

I have more to add to my list~

When you write an e-mail to your mum that takes 4 hours to write and is over 10,000 words long to go to SoS09,

and when you've planned to get a car and a license as soon as you legally can to go to SoS13/14 (whatever the driving age is now... 17/18?)

I'S GETTIN' A FIAT 500 :D

• Your hair is blue.
  • You ARE getting a Sonic tattoo. Or have one. (Pictures of the sleeve design soon)
  • everything is a Sonic reference.
  • When you see Sonic running everywhere; I've probably had the macro situation once, but when I used to play with little Sonic toys, and made garden walls etc. Whenever I imagine Sonic it's always a 3-foot blue thing running everywhere.
  • You've referred to Sonic so many times in your relatively short existence that your nickname IS Sonic.
  • You can hear rings and other Sonic sound effects from extremely long distances; My hearing is pretty sensitive anyway, but there are moments I can be sitting talking to someone in public, hear a noise and go "O___O SOMEONE'S PLAYING SONIC." Last incident was coming out of a park, hearing the noise through traffic, half scampering down the road to find it was a Sonic Gambling machine in a pub about 100 yards from where I'd originally heard it.
  • You took interest in particular sports because of Sonic; Running (as a child. 100m and 200m regional champion in secondary school), Grinding, Skateboarding, Rollerblading, Snowboarding, Gymnastics. Not martial arts, though. I just wanted to kick ass. In sporting terms now, I'm Big the Cat ...Sans the fishing rod.
  • When you run under the premise that a stripe makes anything cooler.
  • You spent a week trying to find out where the plastic novelty gold rings came from at Summer of Sonic 2009.
  • You spent even more time trying to find a Chaos Emerald. And got far too excited when you found them.
  • You can do the S3&K special stages without looking.
  • The currency is RINGS. No matter what you're playing.
  • You can pretty much pair any event music or Sonic track to a moment in your life. And sometimes- even if the bloody situation is serious- you can HEAR it playing in your head.
  • You've realised this list is too long and 10 years down the line you'll be sitting in a room with a counsellor and other like-minded people.

...you've listened to nothing other than "Reach For The Stars" on a constant loop for the past two days when using the computer.

Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

When every icon on your computer is a sonic picture and all the sounds from the computer for anything that happens is a sonic sound effect or just ring sounds.

when the intro to SA2 is your ring tone.

Ah, nice! I'd forgotten to mention that, but my ringtones are the invincible jingle from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for phonecalls, the act clear jingle from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for text messages, and the drowning countdown music (plus horrible drowning gurgle at the end) from Sonic the Hedgehog for my alarm.

My Dad hates me. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, nice! I'd forgotten to mention that, but my ringtones are the invincible jingle from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for phonecalls, the act clear jingle from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for text messages, and the drowning countdown music (plus horrible drowning gurgle at the end) from Sonic the Hedgehog for my alarm.

My Dad hates me. :lol:

Yep, I have the Sonic the Hedgehog drowning countdown music for my alarm, the Sonic Adventure version of "It Doesn't Matter" into for my ringtone, and the Starpost noise for my texts and tweet alerts. (It was the Chaos Emerald noise, but I get so many texts the noise drove me a bit mental) I also have a modified version of this as my phone's wallpaper.

Yep, I have the Sonic the Hedgehog drowning countdown music for my alarm, the Sonic Adventure version of "It Doesn't Matter" into for my ringtone, and the Starpost noise for my texts and tweet alerts. (It was the Chaos Emerald noise, but I get so many texts the noise drove me a bit mental) I also have a modified version of this as my phone's wallpaper.

Ah, you've got me beat... I changed my phone's wallpaper to my boyfriend and I, alas (although it did used to be Dr. Eggman)!

Still, that drowning countdown music is the ultimate alarm tone, it has to be said! Nice one! :)

• Your hair is blue.
  • You ARE getting a Sonic tattoo. Or have one. (Pictures of the sleeve design soon)
  • everything is a Sonic reference.
  • When you see Sonic running everywhere; I've probably had the macro situation once, but when I used to play with little Sonic toys, and made garden walls etc. Whenever I imagine Sonic it's always a 3-foot blue thing running everywhere.
  • You've referred to Sonic so many times in your relatively short existence that your nickname IS Sonic.
  • You can hear rings and other Sonic sound effects from extremely long distances; My hearing is pretty sensitive anyway, but there are moments I can be sitting talking to someone in public, hear a noise and go "O___O SOMEONE'S PLAYING SONIC." Last incident was coming out of a park, hearing the noise through traffic, half scampering down the road to find it was a Sonic Gambling machine in a pub about 100 yards from where I'd originally heard it.
  • You took interest in particular sports because of Sonic; Running (as a child. 100m and 200m regional champion in secondary school), Grinding, Skateboarding, Rollerblading, Snowboarding, Gymnastics. Not martial arts, though. I just wanted to kick ass. In sporting terms now, I'm Big the Cat ...Sans the fishing rod.
  • When you run under the premise that a stripe makes anything cooler.
  • You spent a week trying to find out where the plastic novelty gold rings came from at Summer of Sonic 2009.
  • You spent even more time trying to find a Chaos Emerald. And got far too excited when you found them.
  • You can do the S3&K special stages without looking.
  • The currency is RINGS. No matter what you're playing.
  • You can pretty much pair any event music or Sonic track to a moment in your life. And sometimes- even if the bloody situation is serious- you can HEAR it playing in your head.
  • You've realised this list is too long and 10 years down the line you'll be sitting in a room with a counsellor and other like-minded people.

This list is amazing. <3

Whenever I imagine Sonic it's always a 3-foot blue thing running everywhere.

Same here! It's always a blast imagining stuff like that, no matter how 'crazy' it may seem to people.

And, to add to the thread.

--When you buy chili dogs for breakfast, from a breakfast restaurant, and nothing else.

.....When almost every song on my iPod is from Sonic the Hedgehog soundtracks from Sonic 1 to Sonic Heroes to Sonic the Hedgehog 4:Episode 1 XD I do have non Sonic tracks on my iPod though normal bands like The Courteeners, Papa roach and any random band XD

Edited by Shaddix

I constantly wissle Reach for the stars when i walk in the hall. my nickname in english is sonic because we were talking about the sonic resturant and i got excited. I run crosscountry due to the inspiration of sonic. i too see sonic run outside my window. when i have to turn around when running i do the drift turn from unleashed. im constantly quoting sonic. i can turn any conversation into sonic. Oh another thing, one time i was camping and almost asleep in my tent and my fire is still going and i swear i see blaze's shadow. yeah probably cause im a huge blaze fan. I will also not stop till i find a blaze plush on amazon.

Edited by SpeedsTurbo

When I get genuinely mad at people for being annoyed at such stupid ridiculous worthless details in Sonic 4, when the bigger picture looks so great. I mean, it's only a game, right, everybody has different tastes and to some people these things matter. But I get so mad about it and that's when I know I play too much Sonic, because I'm mad at others for caring about things I don't care about.... I mean ok, most people would agree with me, it's stupid for them to care about these things, but I shouldn't get AS mad as I do.