Awoo.

MAD Cartoon Network

AdventChild

Anyone seen the premier of the MAD cartoon on CN? What were you're thoughts on it? Did you like it or hate it?

My overall impression was that is was an okay show. It was like a Robot Chicken for kids, wasn't great, but wasn't that all bad either. It had some moments that made me smile a bit here and there. I can see the potential for it, but needs to use less toilet humor a bit and needs to improve in the writing. If it does that, then it would be a very good cartoon sketch show series.

Here's the first episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3izw42tIps4

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdventChild

• Axl.EXE

• dabbido

• novelty

I hate CN and expected that to be shit... but I'm surprised at just how awful it wasn't. Some of it really made me chuckle.

I hate CN and expected that to be shit... but I'm surprised at just how awful it wasn't. Some of it really made me chuckle.

Same. I guess they listened to the older generation after all...especially since CN real just TANKED.

Saw this as well as Regular show when they both premiered. At first, I thought I wouldn't like it, but the "Zombi: Fawn of the dead" sketch had me in stitches.

That'll do CN, that'll do.

Not bad, it was definently better than I thought, hopefully this will be the first of more better shows from Cartoon Network(I refuse to call it CN, it's just stupid).

I thought MAD was actually very good and definitely gave me a few laughs. I liked the fact (and surprised at the same time) that CN poked fun at their competitors with the Spongebob and Zack and Cody skits. The Ponzi-opoly skit was really funny as well.

I RAGEQUIT'd after i found out they cut adventure time down to only 15 minutes a new episode. heard regular show was ok but MAD doesn't look like a show i'll be watching anytime soon.

Oh man, I can hardly believe that was on Cartoon Network. I'm not used to seeing good shows on there, hurp derp. Advent is right, it's like Robot Chicken for kids and it's pretty great. They can cut down on the lolpoop jokes but other than that the pop culture references make it hilarious for just about anyone and that's when a cartoon is best.

Not bad. The jokes are at least good, but whats with all the poop jokes that people at 1st grade like to scrape out ? well, at least those aren't the only jokes..Since there are other jokes to have a good laugh at...That avatar parody was really funny (The start mostly).

Edited by Alex2beta

Is Mad supposed to be based on the magazine Mad magazine? Well, I think that MadTV should have been a bit more like it. Lump this in with MadTV and maybe it'll be worthwhile.

Eh, it was alright. It's no Robot Chicken, but it's directed at kids, so there's a reason. Still, it's better than a lot of the other stuff being aired for kids now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...