Awoo.

Regular Show

Ferno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-BMtU-04cw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOs1KdD3FQg

I saw the premier the other day. It's an alright show, and it may get better in the coming episodes and seasons...if it lasts that long. The episode I saw had them saying things like crotch, pissed, and using "H" and "S" in place of their respective swears. Lets hope the soccer moms don't ruin things again, because they used to have humor like that in cartoons all the time in the 90's. >3> And this show does have some humor, I chuckled more than a few times.

Though I am starting to notice a trend here...

Chowder & Mung

Flapjack & K'nuckles

Finn & Jake

...and now these guys. Ah well, no big deal.

Anyway, discuss.

Edited by Ferno

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Ferno

• GameFarnsworth940

• Blackwolf

I was going to make a topic for this show, but you beat me to it. Yeah, it didn't seem like much at first, but it caught my attention and I love it. It just takes modest, everyday situations and gives them a bizzare, surreal twist. I think I started to realize it was going to be my kind of show once they showed the ad with the asian, lactating coffee bean.

Some of these new shows aren't half bad, though. I especially love the new Mad show- it's like a kid's Robot Chicken. Maybe ol' CN's getting their act back.

Is this supposed to be funny? The pilot bored me to tears, and that promo looked fucking retarded.

I think I'm the only one on the forum who agrees with this somewhat. It's not that funny.

Well that was... eh. Not shit, but not my cup of tea. The animation was a damn sight better than most other cartoons now though. Very nice to look at. The show has potential, but I don't think I'll ever take to it.

Edited by Blue Blood

I liked Mad better, but this was okay. Kinda tied with Adventure Time, but way better than chowder or flapjack. In the end it's just an okay show thats worth a couple chuckles

I saw the first episode and it was awesome (I love the internet sometimes)

"now look at our crotches while we synchronize our watches, BLEEP BLEEP BLOOP"

The show was PG rated in the US so it can technically get away with some mild swears, might making airing it in places like the UK fun though. But Nicktoons UK has recently been rerunning Ren and Stimpy late at night and Rocko's Modern Life (which both have a lot of adult stuff in em)

Regular Show was total nostalgia for me. The animation and dialogue brought me back to the 90s. It was a pretty good experience. It's pretty good when compared with Adventure Time to Chowder and Flapjack (two shows which I love as well.)

I saw the premiere, and I thought it was a decent show and it didn't give me a few chuckles. CN over there has been slipping in a lot more adult humor in their shows lately hence the TV-PG ratings.

I remember seeing the pilot online a few months ago, I'm happy to hear it's finally airing on television. It's a fun show, I got a few laughs. In a way I guess it's not exactly hilarious, but it's entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've caught up on the show, and I'm a bit surprised. I like it. The most recent one was hilarious, especially the ending. After all of that coffee, they couldn't stay awake. Worth it in my opinion.

There's nothing on TV to watch anymore, which is why I got rid of cable. The closest thing that came to be of any interest to me was Generator Rex, and that's because the appealed to me. This is okay in the since of something to watch when I'm watching TV, but that is all.

Meh... I'll stick with Angry Beavers.

Hahahah!

I like this show, makes me actually want to watch Cartoon Network.

Edited by SegaStar

My sister told me about this show and honestly, it's good. Damn good. The only thing that bothers me is that it's only 15min long with MAD, one of stupidest cartoons on the air, premiering after it

I guess to fill the 30min of a two episode show....

Did anyone here catch the Master System reference at the beginning of last night's episode? Not the NES, but the Master System. That's just hardcore.

I saw the pilot for this a long while ago when Cartoon Network was showing it along with others in a bid to get some new material, you know, one of those "Vote For The Next Show!" contest thingies, and I barely laughed. There wasn't anything really appealing about it.

Frankly, it's only reinforcing what I've learned about how that company operates-- Try to cram as much pop culture, randomness, scatological humor and other shit into a cartoon that they think young boys would find "cool" and screw any themes or messages that would give these shows a modicum of lastability. It prevents things like Samurai Jack or Courage the Cowardly Dog from having a chance on the network and ensures that the shows that make it will barely appeal to a widespread audience. Fucking sad what the channel has become.

I'm so out of touch with TV, I have no clue what the hell this is. I just watched that promo. What the fuck? That looks terrible. "Don't look at our crotches as we synchronize our watches" That's not amusing. God, there's nothing good to watch on TV anymore.

That moment seems kinda dumb out of context, they did their little musical number because they had a magic keyboard that could teleport stuff and you have to trigger it by way of song.

I'm so out of touch with TV, I have no clue what the hell this is. I just watched that promo. What the fuck? That looks terrible. "Don't look at our crotches as we synchronize our watches" That's not amusing. God, there's nothing good to watch on TV anymore.

Well......yeah that was weird when I saw it too. But everyone has there taste in entertainment.