Awoo.

"Three Free Free Riders Tidbits"

Nepenthe

AAUK's updated the Blognik with three little snippets about Free Riders. It's four shy of the Colors update, but I'm appreciative nonetheless. x3

If you were after tidbits 4-7 they’re only working a half day today. Here’s some sneaky snippets about Sonic Free Riders

- The next track to be revealed has a Wild West theme, including waggon trains and a minecart section (MOAR MINECARTS!) where you actually have to pull a lever left and right to change the points and avoid rockfalls. It looks quite slick actually.

- Someone’s return in the pre-race configuration screen is still gaining momentum!

- Since you guys apparently love anything Roger says as Sonic (e.g. “…consoles…”) here’s another line for you: “Place your hand on Start!”

Hey, it might not seem much but I gaurantee variations of it’ll be in signature images across Sonic forums all over the place by the end of the day.

- AAUK –

So we go from apparently a tropical mall to the old west. That's quite the variation in level themes we have going on.

Perhaps I'm too tired to think properly, but who exactly are we referring to here? Judging by the word momentum... classic Sonic? Metal Sonic?... Don't be so damned vague! xD

^What he said. One of his lines in Riders 1 was "X is gaining momentum!"

Also Super Sonic must have grown wings, cause she's flying!

Perhaps I'm too tired to think properly, but who exactly are we referring to here? Judging by the word momentum... classic Sonic? Metal Sonic?... Don't be so damned vague! xD

Omochao. The "momentum" comment is a reference to how he always said "*insert character here* is still gaining momentum!" endlessly in the first Riders game. Edited by chaoscontrol14

It's a little weird to think that this is the first we've heard of any level besides the first. I've always been a big fan of Western-themed levels on the very few occasions when they've showed up (Rivals 2, Black Knight, kinda), so it's good to hear that there'll be one in this game, too.

And Omochao? That's so out of left field that I'm honestly kind of impressed by it. I hope he gets to keep a few of his classic lines.

OMOCHAO WOO WOO! We haven't seen him since... less than a year ago, actually. Sonic Team likes the guy, what can I say. This shall be his grand debut on an HD console and I fully approve of such awesomeness. I wonder who his new voice actor/actress may be. I hope they do him justice!

Also new meme confirmed? Neat! Also a Wild West stage sounds cool seeing as I live there. It would be double cool if it turned out to be Frontier Canyon! They mentioned in an earlier interview something about familiar returning locations or something to that effect, so that would be a nice addition.

Hunter: No word of a lie, that was actually my suggestion for the name.

The new Sonic Free Riders level is called "Rocky Ridge" by the way.

• Thumbs Up 3

^What he said. One of his lines in Riders 1 was "X is gaining momentum!"

Also Super Sonic must have grown wings, cause she's flying!

That was Omochao? :blink: I thought that was a woman!

Cool news, If we're ever given any more of this "free info" type stuff, then I'm hoping for at least a vague synopsis of the potential storyline. Please have a storyline SFR! Please! B)

- Someone’s return in the pre-race configuration screen is still gaining momentum!

fuck-yeah.jpg

Seriosuly this line alone destroyed all the negativity I was carrying during the last 3 days.

But now I'm kind of worried, what if they changed his VA too. :(

But now I'm kind of worried, what if they changed his VA too. :(

Be happy? He didn't sound anything like Omochao or even male in Riders :-/

I'm quite certain that Omochao will indeed have a new voice actor. I have a feeling that one of the reasons that SEGA done the whole VA change was because they are now recording the Voices from California, (as opposed to NYC where 4Kids were based) with Mike Pollock only staying on because he has now moved to LA.

I'm quite certain that Omochao will indeed have a new voice actor. I have a feeling that one of the reasons that SEGA done the whole VA change was because they are now recording the Voices from California, (as opposed to NYC where 4Kids were based) with Mike Pollock only staying on because he has now moved to LA.

Thing is, Ryan still probably lives in San Fransisco, which is in California.

Unless the recording IS in LA and Mike just happened to be in the right spot at the right time.

True, and I remember hearing that whoever leaked the VA info to one of the members here said that Drummond was "considered" by SEGA to come back, but they decided to hold auditions anyway, which Roger eventually got in the bag. Who knows, perhaps SEGA think that Smith does an even better Sonic than Drummond did?

Edited by Emerald Keeper

I'm really not all that worried about a potential Omochao recasting, since the voice used in Riders (was that Amy Palant or Bella Hudson?) sounded pretty generic. It just didn't feel like Omochao to me, which is kind of odd, since he's just about the only character I've had that problem with. It'd be cool if they could get Lani Minella back or something.

...no, actually, I take that back. I can only imagine the levels of rage that would ensue if Drummond didn't return but another actor from the original game cast did.

Omochao. The "momentum" comment is a reference to how he always said "*insert character here* is still gaining momentum!" endlessly in the first Riders game.

Oooh, so THAT's what he was saying! I've played this game so much but I've never been able to understand that sentence...

I'm really not all that worried about a potential Omochao recasting, since the voice used in Riders (was that Amy Palant or Bella Hudson?) sounded pretty generic. It just didn't feel like Omochao to me, which is kind of odd, since he's just about the only character I've had that problem with. It'd be cool if they could get Lani Minella back or something.

...no, actually, I take that back. I can only imagine the levels of rage that would ensue if Drummond didn't return but another actor from the original game cast did.

Of all the old cast, I think Minella is the least likely to come back. I recall her being pretty pissed about the whole ordeal.

Fun fact: Lani Minella voiced Omochao in Mario & Sonic 2. I'm inclined to believe they may have been some old stock clips. I don't recognize him saying "Chao~!" in such a tone like that beforehand, though.

Liza Jacqueline voiced Omochao in the first Riders, and either Amy Palant or Rebecca Handler voiced him in Secret Rings (I've gotten conflicting sources as to who exactly voiced him there). He's been very inconsistent VA-wise since the recasting - hopefully we'll get a consistent VA that truly captures Omochao's character this time around!

Edited by HunterTSF