Awoo.

The iPod Version - New Screens!

Barry the Nomad

Check it out!

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I - iPhone

Of all the games we saw yesterday, this one surprised me the most. iPhone versions of newer games can sometimes be simplified versions of their console brothers, but this one is not. It looks the same as the XBLA and other versions we’ve been showing. It was also the first game that all of our editors dove into immediately.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I picks up right where Sonic and Knuckles left off. Dr. Eggman’s back, and in an effort to finally rid himself of Sonic, he revisits – and improves – the very best of his creations. For the first time in a Sonic 2-D adventure, experience new online capabilities with leaderboards to compete with your friends for the fastest times!

Game Features:

CLASSIC SONIC STAGES! Race through traditional Sonic Zones rendered in full HD visual quality.

NEW MOVES! All of Sonic’s classic moves are available, including the newer Homing Attack which will add a new level of control and excitement.

SPECIAL STAGES RETURN! A staple of the Genesis-era games, the special stages return allowing fans to collect the chaos emeralds and turn into Super Sonic.

REVAMPED CLASSIC BOSS BATTLES Dr. Eggman returns with new and improved mechas and will go berserk when he accumulates damage.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/10/iphone/

4976795461_e436694b54_o.jpg

4976795431_a34d771ddd_o.jpg

4976795339_0dbd74ffe0_o.jpg

It actually reminds me of what a 2.5D Sonic would look like on the Saturn more than identical to the HD versions. Still, looks cool!

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

First official Special Stage screen? I like it! It's funny that they've shown LLZ3 and not LLZ2 :P Wait, yes they did!

4976795353_d77d231c77_o.jpg

Oh whoops, forgot to say thanks. Thanks!

EDIT: Full 'boxart'.

Edited by Blue Blood

4976795527_a9e6c26659_o.jpg

You guys missed this one too :P Looks very nice and the description says it has full HD visuals too.

LLZ2 would have sucked on the consoles, however I actually think it will work out quite well on the iPod considering how precise other tilt games can be. Also, huge thumbs up for the "boxart", I've been needing it for a photoshop project I have going. B)

*IMAGE*

You guys missed this one too :P Looks very nice and the description says it has full HD visuals too.

I don't recognise that area. Also, obligatory negative comment, the tiling on the wall looks awkward and the edge is rough.

No really, this looks nice.

Because the internet loves comparisons:

sonicposter.jpg4976795269cd6ce7550fo.jpg

As much as I would have liked to see classic Sonic, I'm glad we aren't seeing American Sonic. The SHZ BG looks nicer in full rather than squashed down. The loss of detail really hinders an otherwise decent piece of level art.

News'd with credit to you, Doctor Eggman ;)

Hate WordPress for not accepting the largest version of each art piece.

By the way, that's why this logo is shown, if there is steeper. :3

Because WordPress sucks and won't accept the larger versions.

As much as I would have liked to see classic Sonic, I'm glad we aren't seeing American Sonic. The SHZ BG looks nicer in full rather than squashed down. The loss of detail really hinders an otherwise decent piece of level art.

Inb4 buttface Sonic comment. :lol:

Just to check, aside from Lost Labyrinth and a couple of others, will the iPod version have the same stage layouts etc as the console versions?

Edited by Mahzes

Wow, the iDevice version actually looks rather good. All of the textures etc. look fantabulous (except for the low-poly model of course)

Wow, those graphics actually look really good for the iPhone. If I actually owned one I would totally get that version as well. :P

Oh, and I really like that "box art" a lot. I want like a poster of that or something, I'd love to have that picture on my wall.

I just used the office printer and a piece of gloss paper to make a mini poster. Office is empty so I do what I want.