Awoo.

Bad experiences with Preowned games.

SHAX Hedgefox

I remember two years ago I went to gamestop looking for a copy of Shadow the Hedgehog (I was really bored that day and that game was in my mind for some odd reason.) I payed $5 for the game, and then promptly returned home to play it. Everything was going smooth until I hit Digital Circuit. That's when the music cut out, and Shadow immediately fell through the stage. So I ejected the game, cleaned the disk, and then placed it back in my system. To my surprise, the exact same thing happened again. So the next day I go back to gamestop, and trade it in for another used copy. Go back home, same damn thing happened. Hell I took it to a place to get the disk cleaned, and Shadow still fell through the damn floor.

I went to three gamestops and 9 copies of the game until I got one that worked. Ya, there's no way I'm selling that game again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really a bad experience but I once saw a second-hand shop selling Wii Sports for 15€ xD

Had a similar situation recently. When I was getting my current computer, I saw a pair of 360's on display. The Arcade version was $249.90, and the Elite version was $249.95.

One time I bought Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII all at once, and it turned out that there was an X disc in XII. I took it back and they couldn't find an XII disc so I got Metal Gear Solid 3 instead.

I've also had some games not work pre-owned. The most memorable of which is probably Tony Hawks Underground 2, which I bought from Gamestation in town centre, walked all the way back home, and found it didn't play. Of course I immediately walked all the way back to town (about 45 mins each way) and exchanged it for another copy, which did work.

Also, bought a used Ghost Master for PS2 on Amazon. It was in terrible condition and did not work. It cost £2 though, so I couldn't be bothered to do anything about it. It sits on my shelf, alone and abused.

All in all, I buy A LOT of my games pre-owned. Because I'm poor, innit? But really, I rarely have any problems.

So far 85% of the games I have now are pre-owned (with the exception of my new copies of NSMBW, Wii Sports Resort, and all my DS games except Sonic Rush) but I barely go over to Gamestop due to financial lack.