Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Oh, yeah, that's right, Sony isn't exactly above buying exclusives, are they? >>

And yes, obviously, but the PSP was actually successful in Japan, so it was viable. Instead, in Japan, the Vita is doing worse than its predecessor.

Yeah. obviously the PSP had a massive following my comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony were hoping this game would be the one to kickstart the console though, hahahahah, and that would also explain the release.

I think the SEGA guy mentioned liking the 3G capabilities too? :o

PSO can't possibly be that popular... Granted, this is a free-to-play game, but with smartphones already being incredibly prolific and the original version being on PC, I have a feeling PSO2 isn't going to help the Vita's sales much.

Does ANYONE buy the more expensive 3G version of the Vita, by the way? I don't see the point.

Oh, yeah, that's right, Sony isn't exactly above buying exclusives, are they? >>

And yes, obviously, but the PSP was actually successful in Japan, so it was viable. Instead, in Japan, the Vita is doing worse than its predecessor.

The PSP was only a huge success because of Monster Hunter. Now that it seems the 3DS will be the handheld for Monster Hunter this gen, the Vita doesn't have much hope unless it gets Monster Hunter 4 as well, which would be another first in the series (Same game on different platforms)

The PSO team mentioned they wanted to have a portable version. You've seen how the smartphone version ended up (single player only, different game, simple social approach) and the 3DS is pretty much useless for handling a proper MMO, with its lack of a good online infrastructure and perhaps even power to run the same assets the main version would (ie: the Vita can share low-mid assets with the PC version but the 3DS would require a special dedicated lower-than-low tier that's a lot of extra work, moreso for a constantly mutable game).

None of this prevents a PS3 version later on though. Maybe WiiU should Nintendo finally figure out how to internet and 360 if Microsoft changes policies (good luck with that).

I think the SEGA guy mentioned liking the 3G capabilities too? ohmy.png

3G is inviable for decent online play. It'll be wifi only.

The PSP was only a huge success because of Monster Hunter. Now that it seems the 3DS will be the handheld for Monster Hunter this gen, the Vita doesn't have much hope unless it gets Monster Hunter 4 as well, which would be another first in the series (Same game on different platforms)

PSO can't possibly be that popular... Granted, this is a free-to-play game, but with smartphones already being incredibly prolific and the original version being on PC, I have a feeling PSO2 isn't going to help the Vita's sales much.

Does ANYONE buy the more expensive 3G version of the Vita, by the way? I don't see the point.

As far as we know buying a 3G version would be convenient but it's not what you need to play the game, in order to play it properly you are going to need Wi-Fi, 3G users will be able to play it but in a different way (Sakai hasn't told us how different but IMO it looks like they might be going for Smartphone version with prettier graphics so far)

Anyway...

Here is a higher quality of that "Smartphone announcement video" shown in the media briefing.

And Sakai has decided to talk about the beta and what kind of items we will be able to purchase with Arks Cash.

Closed Beta details:

* In the closed beta test movie it was written that you can go up to level 30. Well Sakai states it is actually level 20, there was a change in the game’s balancing so they had to make the adjustment. Sorry for the mistake.

* The character creation demo in April does indeed work offline.

* If you’ve applied for Alpha Test 1 or Alpha Test 2 or the Email newsletter you are already in the drawing to participate in the Beta test.

* The closed beta expects to have 100,000 players and already 10,000 new entries were sent in. If you reach level 10, you can get a weapon hologram room item you can use in the Open Beta.

* They understand your concerns for cheaters in F2P games and will do what they can to provide a safe community.(though that's not so reassuring for us westerns I guess, whatever happens here if it even gets officially released in this side of the planet is up to SoA)

As of now, their plans is to start the PC game officially in early summer. The smartphone version uses the same play data as the PC and Vita version. You can play a single player game that includes character creation, raising your character, go on an adventure with your friend’s character, check mail from your friends, or confirm sales from the shop. The smartphone version is aiming to start in Winter 2012. Since there will be some interlocking connection to the PC version of the game, smartphone users will undergo a test to ensure quality.

PC/Vita/Smartphone users can download the official game fore free. On each version the standard game is free. It will be supported by cash items.

Their game policy is to ensure that by playing for free there will not be any restrictions on what class level you can go up to. They will not allow the direct sales of highly over powerful weapons (and such) for large sums of cash either.

For example, there will be a campaign to receive select game items from purchasing particular Microsoft and Intel products. These items are not intended to rob the motivation of players since these weapons are not powerful, and the same kinds of items will eventually drop sometime after the official game starts.

The various forms of cash items

cash-items.jpg

System type items

* Storage and Skill Tree expansion (Instead of skills costing money, you could acquire a new skill tree. not sure what some players might think about this) Extended functionality in regards to setting up My Room/My Shop, and Item Trade services. (this one was kind of expected)

Consumption Items

* The sales of some consumption items like Scape Dolls. You can of course revive other players for free by using moon atomizers. (this one looks like actually a quite good idea, but I'm not sure how many players would bother to purchase them)

* Some cash items can have larger effects on health restoration. (again, not sure how many players would bother to purchase those, they better be awfully cheap to be considered as a viable choice)

Limited Time Effect Based Items

* Items that can increase the success rate of grinding, drop boosts, and experience rate. And drop and experience rate boosts will have an effect for a limited time. (I'm okay with this, but I'm pretty sure this is going to annoy some people)

* You can purchase items that affect your character’s appearance, including variations of clothing and accessories and costumes. Only certain areas of the makeup counter will be charged. (once again, I rarely change my chars appearance but this might annoy some people, I frankly saw this one coming)

Some Cash items are available in “Arks Scratch”. It appears to be some kind of lottery game. With items you acquire from “scratch” you can sell most but not all these items in your player shop and even use them in meseta transactions. There are two styles of scratch. The cheap version consists of various cash items including clothing and accessories. In the slightly expensive version, it only consists of clothing and accessories. (As explained above, weapons are not included here.)

Tomorrow he wants to talk about the Character Demo releasing on April 5th.

pso2-main-visual-358x500.jpg

CAST supremacy yo!

Edited by gato

So, instead of hats, it's hair? I can see it now:

"Phantasy Star Online 2 - The World's #1 MMO-themed Hair Simulator"

hair and threads man, hair and clothes!

I'm okay with the cash shop stuff.... apart from the er... skill tree thing. I'm waiting for more details on that one.

ps: i will play every version of this game

• Thumbs Up 1

Partly. And, as Tycho puts it...

The ONLY difference this time was that the 3DS had a rocky start, and that was quickly remedied by the price cut, a gamble that has paid off for Nintendo, since the 3DS is greatly surpassing the sales the original DS had in the same stage in their respective lifespans.

Possibly likely, if reports from industry figures about personal accounts, and open infrastructure are true.

Pretty much. Hence why I asked why the hell anyone would buy the more expensive version of the Vita. Playing online games on the go is just plain stupid. And if you want to use stuff like Skype or chat or SMS or whatever, that's what a goddamn smartphone is for.

Honestly, it personally annoys me how much Sony and Microsoft are trying to turn their consoles into all-in-one multimedia devices, because it just results in a whole lot of superfluous bullshit I will never fucking use. DVD? Who the fuck doesn't have a device that can play DVDs in this day an age? And Blu-Ray? Fuck Blu-Ray. Though I already have a laptop that can play that anyway, and my dad bought a Blu-Ray player, so whatever. Look, point is, I buy consoles for the damn games, not the non-gaming related features. The 3DS is packed with neat in-built games and stuff to fiddle with which was pretty fun even if you don't have any other games with it, which I really like about that handheld. Fuck yea.

And I have no idea how the hell I ended up on this tangent, so I'm just gonna end it here and take it elsewhere if need be.

Erm no, I don't know why you would be ignorant enough to say that something that is completely optional is a bad thing I mean really, DVD is something to make things more comfortable to have in a console, plus lol at saying that's what's smartphone is for.

I can actually say the exact same thing to smartphone if that's the case(you really sound like a troll, unfortunately you aren't...) you can say that a browser shouldn't be on a smartphone because that's what a laptop is made for(or apps)...

I mean really... wow, and saying online on the go is stupid is just... plain stupid. Could go and say 15 years ago playing something on a screen that shows many moving pixels is just plain stupid... it's called evolving/improving... Plus why are you so pessimistic about something like this(sounds to me like you despise Sony). I really wish you were trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm no, I don't know why you would be ignorant enough to say that something that is completely optional is a bad thing I mean really, DVD is something to make things more comfortable to have in a console, plus lol at saying that's what's smartphone is for.

I can actually say the exact same thing to smartphone if that's the case(you really sound like a troll, unfortunately you aren't...) you can say that a browser shouldn't be on a smartphone because that's what a laptop is made for(or apps)...

I mean really... wow, and saying online on the go is stupid is just... plain stupid. Could go and say 15 years ago playing something on a screen that shows many moving pixels is just plain stupid... it's called evolving/improving... Plus why are you so pessimistic about something like this(sounds to me like you despise Sony). I really wish you were trolling.

Or perhaps you're not getting my point. It's more of a personal thing than anything else. If you want to watch Blu-Ray on a PS3, more power to you. I'm simply stating that I really don't care for such stuff in consoles. The 360 is becoming an especially bad example, as it seems like Microsoft think of it as a set-top box instead of a console these days, and it makes me wonder if they're starting to miss the point of what a video game console actually is.

Now, smartphones are a bit different - the main reason everyone seems to have them these days stems from the fact that they're so bloody useful in a variety of ways, hence why they're called smartphones and not simply mobile phones (which still exist for anyone who prefers the simpler stuff). Smartphones were designed from the ground up to allow you to do a whole bunch of things other than simply calling and texting - granted, phones have had other functions before, but smartphones are by definition general-use devices, which I'm perfectly fine with! I have an iPhone myself, which I got mainly for gaming and to produce my own iOS games on eventually, but I've discovered it is pretty nifty in several ways, and I honestly wouldn't want to live without it now.

And I guess I should clarify what I mean by 'online gaming on the go is a bad idea'. From my personal experience, trying to get to place to place and actually play games is mainly only suitable for single-player stuff, most of the time, it's just not at all conductive to playing online games. Unless you're waiting on a train, bus or car for a while (an hour at least), and if you have a solid wireless connection, then perhaps you can, but otherwise, not a good idea. It's more of a matter of practicality than anything else.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

So, instead of hats, it's hair? I can see it now:

"Phantasy Star Online 2 - The World's #1 MMO-themed Hair Simulator"

Or perhaps you're not getting my point. It's more of a personal thing than anything else. If you want to watch Blu-Ray on a PS3, more power to you. I'm simply stating that I really don't care for such stuff in consoles. The 360 is becoming an especially bad example, as it seems like Microsoft think of it as a set-top box instead of a console these days, and it makes me wonder if they're starting to miss the point of what a video game console actually is.

Now, smartphones are a bit different - the main reason everyone seems to have them these days stems from the fact that they're so bloody useful in a variety of ways, hence why they're called smartphones and not simply mobile phones (which still exist for anyone who prefers the simpler stuff). Smartphones were designed from the ground up to allow you to do a whole bunch of things other than simply calling and texting - granted, phones have had other functions before, but smartphones are by definition general-use devices, which I'm perfectly fine with! I have an iPhone myself, which I got mainly for gaming and to produce my own iOS games on eventually, but I've discovered it is pretty nifty in several ways, and I honestly wouldn't want to live without it now.

And I guess I should clarify what I mean by 'online gaming on the go is a bad idea'. From my personal experience, trying to get to place to place and actually play games is mainly only suitable for single-player stuff, most of the time, it's just not at all conductive to playing online games. Unless you're waiting on a train, bus or car for a while (an hour at least), and if you have a solid wireless connection, then perhaps you can, but otherwise, not a good idea. It's more of a matter of practicality than anything else.

Sure doesn't sound like it further into the comment and the swearing isn't helping(since it's much harder to tell emotions). Oh well aside from that, "online gaming on the go is a bad idea"≠"plain stupid"(from the last comment)... Yes it's not the best thing but they obviously want to make use of it to those people who purchased the 3G version or else they might complain for not making adding 3G support. Plus once again it's optional, a bonus I like optional stuff i.e harder modes, unlockables(pictures, videos etc) extra futures like using 3G, I mean, why not.

Today Sakai decided to talk about the closed Beta.

In the closed beta you can now change your class and level that up to level 20.

In the tekker shop, ?Special Weapons can also be low rarities (not sure if I like how that sounds). At the time your weapon is decided you can choose an attribute, and choose one special ability. At random, one special ability can also be attached.

At the makeup counter you can customize your character like in character creation. It can also be used to change your clothes, thus the makeup counters can be used to change your hair, face, clothes, and body. Arks Cash is needed to use SOME parts of the Makeup Counter, but other areas are available for free. You can try on some things for free without paying if you leave the store without officially applying the customizations.

In the costume shop, they will sell default clothes and parts for meseta. Now there’s a preview window in the lower right corner to see what the outfit looks like. In fact this same preview window also shows up at the weapon shop and player shops, and you can see what a character looks like with the weapon or clothes.

There’s a team counter here. If you are level 10 or up in any class, you are allowed to set up a team.

Like the portable series, the Title Counter allows you to win special things by completing specific activities. You can also display a title you received over your head to other players, like in the portable games.

The Medical Center is different from PSO. If you are familiar with PSPo2′s Sayo, you can get a special effect that lasts for one quest by purchasing drinks. As you progress through the game more drinks are available. The medical center doesn’t use Arks Cash. (ohhh, now it makes a bit more sense, then they sell temp boosts it's like some units back in PSO/PSU)

My Room now has more themes and room items than Alpha test 2. Arks Cash is needed to get a room (this is going to annoy some people), but you can go to other players rooms for free. You can get room items from drops, purchasing them in the lobby, or client orders.

Now there is an item to access your Player Shop from your room. It’s a bit different from accessing the shops through the visiphone, with this item you can access the room owner’s shop directly.

Symbol Art allows you to create a picture using more than 200 pieces of art symbols and shapes at the same time. They have preparations to have more than 300 varieties of symbols you can choose from. You can use these symbol art in speech, and even as a mark representing your team. Sound effects are available too, (even the OLD ones…) (>Implying they are using old SFX's for fanservice instead of just being cheap and reusing old assets... Not that I'm not okay with it.)

Like a partner card or guild card, you have the ARKS Card. Write a paragraph introducing your character, and type out a wish list. You can attach symbol art here too!

Like PSPo2i’s Support Characters, the Friend Partner System lets you summon a friend of yours as a party member. You can’t summon characters who aren’t registered as friends though. Friend Partners are controlled by AI, they will use whatever your friend registered as auto words too just like PSPo2i. (that sounds so exploitable)

The Team system similarly to PSOBB, lets you have up to 100 members in one team. You can even input a website of your team here too.

There’s also team chat, that lets you talk only to team members.

Right now, there aren’t any elements implemented for raising your team. (Though not specified by Sakai, let’s say your team could have levels and things unlock as you gain more levels.) They may add some elements like this in the future.

There’s more information to be discussed about the Closed Beta Features but for now we’ll wait for a future post from Sakai.

Voice Actors

The role of Afin (Affin) will be played by Hiro Shimono, you may know him as Alone from Saint Seiya or Sho from Fairy Tail. (can't remember any of those characters :l )

Suspicious Ethan Waber lookalike (lol) Zeno will be played by Ryōhei Kimura. You may know him as Shouma in Spinning Penguin-Drum. (gee, I don't know any of these guys... Or their roles... Not knowing the guys is sort of normal since I've never been so interested in this kind of topic)

The role of Echo will be played by Yōko Hikasa, you may know her as Mio in K-On! (finally a series I actually know about, despite the fact that I never bothered to watch it)

Edited by gato

A few days ago we got another report revealing a bit of the story missions you will be able t play in the beta. There is also some little explanation about what is the "Matter Board".

Matter-Board-450x253.jpg

Now comes the Matter Board which acts as the item that advances the story. You are basically going around collecting Matters for this board. You do this by achieving certain conditions. These conditions can cover things like, acquiring a specific item, or coming in contact with specific characters, etc. The goals for the matter board are shown at the top right corner.

As you achieve these conditions, you collect matters, and new matters open up. And as you acquire these, even more matters open up and so on. By doing this, you can watch new events show up.

With the matters you’ve done, when you play story quests again, you may see different developments occur.

There are no Arks Cash elements in Story Quests, you can enjoy them ALL for free! When the game releases, several story quests will be available and more will be added progressively through updates. Could new developments for the story open up based on player feedback? Hmm..?

Does this mean this is one of those games with many many possible endings and story events available and all of that depends in the matters you collect?

I'm not sure, we know how the matter board works now, but we still don't know what it does and how it influences the game.

Also, I wonder if this story updates will be full episodes or just one or two missions? (I?m not sure how this worked in PSU nor PSPo2)

In other (way more important) news... today SEGA released the character creator demo!

*Click here for download* (you know you want to)

And of course, our good friend(?) Ricardo got us covered with a mini guide.

Hello, the Phantasy Star Online 2 Character Creator is up. You do not need a SEGA ID to download it. You don’t have to be in the Alpha nor Beta Test to download it. You can download it for free and use it to your heart’s content and share it to your friends.

Though the Character Creator is in Japanese, most of the options are visual and can be figured out without any Japanese knowledge. However certain areas need to be explained. This post will expand explaining a few particular features as it becomes available.

This post is currently unfinished! (keep an eye on Bumped to see how it updates, I might try to keep checking while I play with the creator and maybe post some screens but I'm not promising anything)

Screenshot Guidelines:

* Please follow these guidelines because you may trigger a copyright violation if you don’t follow these steps.

* On the bottom of each screenshot you must write: (C)SEGA

* On the page you post your images please place:

* You can crop, and resize the screenshots you take and edit them to place the copyright text.

* If you take screenshots within the game it will automatically add the copyright text for you.

Video Guidelines

* At the beginning and end of your video insert the: (C)SEGA for more than 2 seconds.

* Also you must include this text in your video description.

* You may not use other music and videos in combination with the Character Creation footage. You may not change the playback speed either.

* But you are allowed to edit the video to insert the copyright information.

Startup Screen

Title-Screen-450x337.png

* Game Start ゲームスタート

* Settings 環境設定

* File Check ファイルチェック

* Close 終了

PSO2-Settings-450x337.png

In your settings options, you can quickly set the graphical settings for the game. Five is the highest and One is the lowest. Please note that there are 2 shader options, one being simple and standard. Your graphics card may not be able to handle standard shaders and can crash the game to desktop. You may need to update your graphics card drivers for it to work. Any setting 3 or higher will use standard shaders by default.

Press the first blue button at the bottom to save your settings and the last blue button to return to the startup screen.

Screen-Settings-450x337.png

The third page in settings (画面) changes resolution and windowed mode.

ウィンドウモード Window Mode

* ウィンドウモード表示 Window Mode

* フルスクリーン表示 Full Screen Mode

画面サイズ Screen Size

* Choose a Window Resolution Size

インターフェイス倍率 Interface Zoom

* Standard Zoom

* 1.25x Zoom

* 1.5x Zoom

Shader-Settings-450x337.png

The fourth button at the top (描画) changes your shader and texture settings

テクスチャ解像度: Texture Resolution [Left Column]

* 高解像度 High Resolution

* 通常 Normal

* 圧縮 Compressed

シェーダー品質: Shader Quality [Right Column]

* 標準 Standard

* 簡易 Simple

Save and Load Characters

Save-and-Load-Characters-450x439.jpg

The mouse is hovering over the button where you save your character.

Near the bottom of the character creation screen, you can save and load characters that you’ve made and use them in the Closed Beta.

クリエイトデータ Character Creation Data

* クリエイトデータの保存 Save Character Data

* クリエイトデータの読込 Load Character Data

In your Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder your character save data is stored as the name of the file with the extensions:

* Male Human.mhp

* Female Human.fhp

* Male Newman.mnp

* Female Newman.fnp

* Male Casts.mcp

* Female Casts.fcp

You can send this file around to other players.

And that's it! Now I would love if we could do something with this, show off our awesome character designs because we are cool like that...

Maybe make a mini contest out of this (But this sounds like wishful thinking to me >_>)

Oh well, I anything else fails, I would love to see (and maybe share) what the guys at PSO-World can come up with. laugh.png

Don't mind me, just making a Digimon character. It's Magnamon, the Radiance of Miracles.Magnamon_PSO2.png

I have been having too much fun with the character creator and I honestly think this was my best work so far, so I wanted to share it. I hope a US/EU version of the character creator gets released once/if this game does get announced for the US/EU.

Does anyone think I should actually use this character in the full game, if it does come out in the US?

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't mind me, just making a Digimon character. It's Magnamon, the Radiance of Miracles.

*Pic*

brilliant_cigar_man.jpg

That is fucking awesome. I wonder what other Digimon-like characters one can make...

Don't mind me, just making a Digimon character. It's Magnamon, the Radiance of Miracles.

*E-Pic*

I have been having too much fun with the character creator and I honestly think this was my best work so far, so I wanted to share it. I hope a US/EU version of the character creator gets released once/if this game does get announced for the US/EU.

Does anyone think I should actually use this character in the full game, if it does come out in the US?

That was awesome (and I'm not a Digimon fan so I don't know who are you trying to recreate). Also, I'd like to remember you guys that all your saved characters are stored in a file in your PSO2 documents folders, so you can share your characters if you want (I haven't tested this yet) the fact this characters are saved might mean you will also be able to load this designs the moment the game comes out.

As for myself, I didn't get enough time to do anything else but to try to recreate my "PSO team", with varying degrees of success (RAcast and FOnewm turned out okay, the others... not so much).

x8vL2.jpg

qiH9X.jpg

QNYP6.jpg

AOlWr.jpg

As you can probably tell, I like green.

But this is just something I did in a rush the moment I downloaded the thing, there are a lot of choices that I haven't tested yet, most of them are actually covered in the updates Ricardo has been doing to his guide, and I recommend you to read them because they are quite interesting.

PDeQN.gif

To save your (graphic) settings, follow these steps

* Look for the left most blue button at the bottom.

* Click 設定を保存 (Save Settings)

* A blue box will open up, click 戻る (Return)

* Look for the last blue button at the bottom.

* Click 戻る (Return) to reach the startup screen.

Editing Shader Settings.

Basically there are two settings, one inside the actual game, and one before you run the game. If you have been reading the whole post up until now, you’ve been changing your graphical settings outside of the game.

However, in this demo, it seems they have disabled you from changing in game specific shader settings. So as a workaround you can also edit these shader settings in a text file and in ENGLISH too!

In your Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 look for a file called “user_benchmark.pso2“, and open this file in notepad.

You can change these Shader settings to false if you are having trouble running the game with “Standard” shaders on. The game will definitely run faster than before but that’s still really dependent on your computer specs. *Please take note that changing these shader settings won’t have any effect on performance if you’ve already set the shader to simple. “ShaderQuality = true,” is the same as using “Standard” shaders.

You can also change the shadow settings in this file too.

Facial Sliders and Adjustments.

Throughout character customization you may see some sliders that have drop down menus. The cool thing about PSO2′s character creator is that you can blend different face types together, like if you want a cross between a cynical and pudgy face, you can certainly do it! If you don’t happen to know what a face type actually says, you can test the waters by choosing a face type and moving the yellow point close to the name.

Each face template under Facial Variations has different facial blending styles. For simplicity sake we have split them up into Type 1 and Type 2.

Type 1 is the default facial template, while Type 2 seems to be new facial templates.

facial-slider-450x253.jpg

When you click on any of these four drop down menus in the game you will see a list. You can select these.

顔ブレンドモーフィング (Face Blend Morphing) for both sexes (Type 1)

* クール系 Cool

* 熱血系 Hotblooded

* 癒し系 Soothing

* ガッチリ系 Rugged

* クール系大人顔 Cool Adult Face

* 熱血系大人顔 Hotblooded Adult Face

* 癒し系 大人顔 Soothing Adult Face

* ガッチリ系大人顔 Rugged Adult Face

* クール系子供顔 Cool Child Face

* 熱血系子供顔 Hotblooded Child Face

* 癒し系子供顔 Soothing Child Face

* ガッチリ系子供顔 Rugged Child Face

顔ブレンドモーフィング (Face Blend Morphing) for Males (Type 2)

* シャープ Sharp

* コミカル Comical

* ぽっちゃり Chubby

* シニカル Cynical

* シャープ面長 Sharp Long Face

* コミカル面長 Comical Long Face

* ぽっちゃり面長 Chubby Long Face

* シニカル面長 Cynical Long Faces

* シャープ小顔 Sharp Short Face

* コミカル小顔 Comical Short Face

* ぽっちゃり小顔 Chubby Short Face

* シニカル小顔 Cynical Short Face

顔ブレンドモーフィング (Face Blend Morphing) for Females (Type 2)

* シャープ Sharp

* 元気 Genki

* ぽっちゃり Chubby

* ミステリアス Mysterious

* シャープ面長 Sharp Long Face

* 元気面長 Genki Long Face

* ぽっちゃり面長 Chubby Long Face

* ミステリアス面長 Mysterious Long Face

* シャープ小顔 Sharp Short Face

* 元気小顔 Genki Short Face

* ぽっちゃり小顔 Chubby Short Face

* ミステリアス小顔 Mysterious Short Face

not-justin-beiber-450x201.jpg

シニカル面長 / シニカル小顔

Cynical Long / Cynical Short

Body Morphing.

Just like facial sliders, body morphing lets you change the thickness and size of your entire body. This slider allows you to choose weight distribution too as we will outline below.

体型ブレンドモーフィング Body Blend Morphing for Females

* ぽっちゃり Chubby

* 細め Thin

* 肩幅狭め Narrow Shoulders

* グラマー Glamour

体型ブレンドモーフィング Body Blend Morphing for Males

* ガッチリ Rugged

* 細め Thin

* 肩幅狭め Narrow Shoulders

* 太め Plump

Emphasis can also be selected with the drop down menu. You will see these suffixes:

* _ _ _ _ で上半身強調 Emphasize Upper Portions

* _ _ _ _ で下半身強調 Emphasize Lower Portions

Here’s an example:

chubby-up-and-down-450x447.jpg

ぽっちゃり で上半身強調 / ぽっちゃりで下半身強調

Chubby Upper Areas / Chubby Lower Areas

This is way more complex than what I thought! Shame the fleshies don't have so much choices when it comes to the color of their suits. (CAST supremacy)

So far I've just been attempting to recreate my old PSO1 characters.

My HUnewearl Beatroot:

beatpso2.png

My RAcaseal W00ts (really old character I only ever used on the official servers yonks back):

w00tspso2.png

And my HUmar Brocolli...

brocpso2.png

Wait... THERE ARE NO AFROS!?

THERE'S A FREAKIN' GIANT WOBBLY PENIS POMPADOUR BUT NO AFROS!? >8C >8C

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait... THERE ARE NO AFROS!?

THERE'S A FREAKIN' GIANT WOBBLY PENIS POMPADOUR BUT NO AFROS!? >8C >8C

I believe Afros are actually part of the cash items list.

cash-items.jpg

That or they are free but not available at the beginning of the game. (meaning you should purchase it at the makeup shop)

Anyway, I was doing nothing when I found out Agrajag at PSUMods decided to be awesome and deliver a (unnoficial) translation patch for the character creator.

Edited by gato

I believe Afros are actually part of the cash items list.

Sweeeeeeet all is forgiven. Considering the game is free anyway I'm totally fine with paying some dough for mah afrough.

HEY GUYS! Are you ready for some FUN FUN FUN!!!?

So you saw in the Character Creation demo you had a limited amount of clothes and hairstyles to choose from. But with Arks Cash you can enjoy even more varieties, and more will be added into the game through updates. If you play the Closed Beta you can get more color variations of clothes. If you look at some of the NPCs in the lobby, you could see some of the future costumes that will eventually come out.

Now certainly you’ve been making many characters in the Demo, but in the main game, you will have one character (FFFFFUUUUUNNNN). You must purchase the right to make additional characters through Arks Cash. (You can try this out in the Closed Beta since Arks Cash is distributed.) For all ships, you can have a total of 12 characters.

Character Creation Contest!

* Entry: 4.11.2012 through 4.20.2012

* Voting: 4.27.2012 through 5.7.2012

* Winner: 5.11.2012

Grand Prize: Your Character in the Official Game!

Producer Prize: Your Character 3D printed (like WoW)

Arks Prize: Your character drawn by PSO2′s designer.

Rappy Prize: Known locally as the Chogokin Racaseal

contest-entry-450x336.png

* Enter a nickname

* Email Address

* Comments about your character

* Whole body screenshot

* Face closeup screenshot

* Character Creation Game Data

One entry per person, please finalize your character before submitting. You must make an original character, you can not submit a character that would infringe others copyrights. Winners will be contacted through email.

Dengeki Playstation Interivew

This portion is unfinished.

Shougai posted a new interview about Arks Cash, Playstation Vita, and the Update plans.

Arks Cash and FUN Gacha!

* Players can rent My Rooms for 30 days.

* Two kinds of Arks Scratch, one that has costumes, and the other has costumes and consumption items.

* There’s also a free Gacha called FUN Scratch, that uses FUN points. (FUN!)

* You can get things like room items and other items.

* You can collect FUN points through player evaluations. (Oh wonderful and exploitable FUN!)

* Like for example 1 person can say “Good Job” through a menu to someone else and that will increase both of the players’ Fun points.

* ((It is unknown currently what restrictions they have on player evaluations, like once a day or one time per person?))

* You can also collect Fun points by doing quests with Friend Partners.

* *Friend Partners are NPC AI’s of your friends characters*

* You can also get points by purchasing Arks Cash

Updates

* Sakai plans to update the game every 3 to 4 weeks with maps, system updates, scratch contents, etc,

* Plans to add new classes later (Imbalanced FUN?)

* The level cap once the game comes out would be around level 40. This cap will increase as the game progresses.

Initially, players can choose to play up to Hard difficulty, but they plan to have several types of difficulties. You can unlock these difficulties once you meet a certain condition.

* After the game comes out they plan to add super huge bosses in multi-parties.

* These bosses are much bigger than normal bosses, and you can have 12 players fight it.

* They plan to start off with 3 planets. (That doesn't sound so FUN)

Playstation Vita

* He’s still investigating this, but for now he thinks the Vita version should use the onscreen keyboard.

* He will probably have the beta test for PSO2 Vita start sometime during the fall through winter, but nothing is definite yet

Okay guys, I'm not sure if you have been paying attention, but the beta started a few hours ago, and as expected, the guys at PSO-World will be all over the place sharing all sort of screens, opinions and videos...

If you want to take your time and look for stuff I might not post you can always check their forums.

But for those who are simply too lazy to check I'll try to post the most important stuff.

For starters, it looks like the server wasn't able to hold the love from the fanbase and is having some troubles, namely lag and massive disconnection/login problems, Sakai twitted about some downtime for emergency maintenance (they hadn't specified when it will be though)

In other note, if any of you got lucky and actually got into the beta, but still can't fully undestand Japanese, Agrajag from PSUmods released yet another translation patch. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE TEAM AND IF THEY CATCH YOU USING SOMETHING LIKE THIS (though there is no reason about why they should) YOU ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO END UP AT THE RECEIVING END OF THE BANHAMMER.

Also, Ricardo (from Bumped) is taking some of his free time (that he could be spending with the Beta) to post a guide with everything you need to know about it.

And PSO-World already has a media thread going, but it doesn't look like they are going to update the OP like in the last one... It might be up to me to put the video links together. unsure.png (if they ever appear, connection problems and stuff)

That's it so far (the constant connection problems kind of lifted my work load).

I'm actually in the Beta. I played pretty much all last night and apart from some ludicrous lag it's amazing.

This morning the lag is gone. The game is crack incarnate, i can see the full version consuming me.

• Thumbs Up 1