Awoo.

Marine the Raccoon.

Vulpine

I think Marine the Raccoon from Sonic Rush Adventure is one of the better new characters in my opinion. I like her because she is skilled in building machines like Tails is, except that she works on boats or submarines the same way Tails works on airplanes. I'm also a Tails/Marine couple supporter because the two interact many times in the game and they share so much in common.

However, I wish Marine would make a reappearance in a future game someday, since she doesn't have a voice actress nor does she even have a playable role in a game yet (She was only an NPC in Sonic Rush Adventure) but we will have to see about that, though.

Horrible character, aaaaaaand that's pretty much all she is. I mean, at least I can write essays about how much I hate Amy and Shadow. But I can't with Marine, because there's nothing else about her I can say!

• Thumbs Up 1

She was entertaining in SRA. Like Big and Cream though she needs to stay pinned down to only a few games, specifically the lighter ones. In almost every way she's quite the opposite of Rouge.

I think Marine the Raccoon from Sonic Rush Adventure is one of the better new characters in my opinion. I like her because she is skilled in building machines like Tails is, except that she works on boats or submarines the same way Tails works on airplanes.

I'm pretty sure Tails was the one who built all of the ships in SRA, except for the jet ski that was shown at the very end.

I personally hope she never reappears. She's an annoying stereotype, and a one-note character who only proves useful in the very end by stunning Eggman with a contrived beam of concentrated plot convenience from her hand that is never seen or mentioned before or after.

Just my opinion.

I like her because she is skilled in building machines like Tails is, except that she works on boats or submarines the same way Tails works on airplanes.

Tails built them.

I'm also a Tails/Marine couple supporter because the two interact many times in the game and they share so much in common.

I'm pretty sure even Tails was sick of her nonsense in a couple of instances before the end of the game.

Edited by Tornado

I quite like her, both design wise and personality wise, and I hope she makes an appearance in another game soon; hopefully we'll get a 3D model and voice actor for her too.

marine.jpg

Oh my, I want that game! Badly! :lol:

Edited by ilcane87

Marine the Raccoon is so awesome, she needs her own freakin' game. She's just that awesome. She is just sheer perfection. You could put her in any scenario, any genre, any anything and her awesomeness would shine through and that game would just become pure gold. Why, you could even...

*Marine the Raccoon box*

That is the best thing ever.

Edited by Blue Blood

Marine the Raccoon is so awesome, she needs her own freakin' game. She's just that awesome. She is just sheer perfection. You could put her in any scenario, any genre, any anything and her awesomeness would shine through and that game would just become pure gold. Why, you could even...

marine.jpg

Hate or like the character, that's pretty goddamn sweet, nearing epic!

Marine didn't annoy me. But she didn't really appeal to me that much either. I wouldn't mind seeing her again, but if she did appear, I'd want her to be like Antoine from SatAM when Sonic stayed with him since SEGA revealed she's a neat freak. That could supply whole lots of comedy. She could be a compulsive cleaner! Like Monica from Friends.

marine.jpg

That's odd placement of the NWFC logo! I would buy this. I would buy as many copies as possible. Marine is literally one of my favorite characters because of how hilarious she was. I think she was a perfect character because if you took her out of the game it would be much more boring.

*Marine game*
I'd play the shit out of this...as long as she can team up with Omega.

I like Marine. She's not "strong", she's not "cool", but she's entertainingly upbeat, and I think she could be pretty fun to play as, under the right circumstances. She kind of makes me think of a young Sonic; optimistic, energetic, overconfident, and with a tendency to get into trouble. I think she'd fill a nice role in the series; of the young characters, Tails is too mature, Cream is too docile, and Charmy's off with Espio and Vector (granted, unless things change, Marine's off in a whole other world).

I'm not really sure what to do with her as a mechanic, tho'. She's so far outclassed by the other mechanics in the series that it wouldn't serve much point if she were doing it off on her own; there aren't going to be many instances where the heroes need a mechanic and Tails isn't around to do it 10 times better than Marine ever could. I guess the best option would be to have her be a sort of assistant/apprentice to Tails, practicing on her own when they're separate, working together whenever there are interdimensional shenanigans.

And I worry about her voice, too, if she ever gets one. Her dialogue is already pushing it for some people; passing that through an annoying voice would likely drive off all but her most ardent fans, and cement her among the most hated characters in the series. Cut down on the Australian slang and get a decent VA, though, and she'll have no more trouble than...any other modern/"new" Sonic character...yeah okay she's pretty much doomed.

She was entertaining in SRA. Like Big and Cream though she needs to stay pinned down to only a few games, specifically the lighter ones. In almost every way she's quite the opposite of Rouge.

Oddly enough, I've considered that before. Actually, I can easily imagine a young Rouge being a lot like Marine, mellowing out either because of OMG TRAUMA or just from growing up, but keeping her love for treasure and her adventurous spirit. Fanfic... senses... tingling...

As for Marine herself, I really liked her. Her "accent" and the various slang she threw around honestly never bothered me, and I usually found her antics pretty cute. Her outgoing personality made her the perfect complement to Blaze's awkwardness and stoicism, I think, in a way that poor, bland Cream could never quite achieve. I'd really like to see Marine again, either as Blaze's sidekick or in some kind of racing/party/whatever game, but I honestly do think that she's better off if she isn't overexposed. She really shouldn't be allowed near the main series.

I thought she was intended as the Blaze world variant of Cream IMO. After all Blaze is to her world what Sonic is to his, and Nega is to that would what Nega is ect. I figured considering Cream was pretty outgoing and sort of annoying in Rush. Marine is that but basically a bolder less polite version of Cream.

I kind of like her. I'm not sure I'ld want her around too often but she added a spark to Rush Adventure and it was amusing to see even Tails react to her a bit (as he tends to be almost outright neutral about most characters bar bad guys)

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Marine, and I consider her Blaze's Tails. Instead of the adventuring hero, Blaze is more reserved and unsure, and Marine is more like Sonic without the ability but all the eagerness. She's about on the level of Charmy in terms of hyperactivity, which I think is funny. Her sprite makes me laugh because it just hops up and down and flips left to right when she's excited. I wish the premise of Amy's character was similar actually, how she rushes into things and ends up in trouble. But they gave Amy her Piko hammer. Marine might be the series' most normal furry, and that's also enjoyable. She has no specific powers except for her enthusiasm. It makes a unique character. I want more Marine.

Edited by Dabnikz

Marine is so overbearingly, obnoxiously full of Australian slang cliches that a a small percentage manage to be correct Australian usage.

However, as a character she has a kinda fun dynamic with the others.

Still, I would only allow her into another game under her present circumstances; that is, that the other characters find her as low-grade irritating as we do. A bit like Big in Chronicles.

Oh, and they have to seriously reduce her level of misused Aussie slang.

Edited by MattTY

Marine is more like Sonic without the ability but all the eagerness.

So, she's the videogame personifications of every annoying younger sibling in the history of the world?

In terms of character development, I like how she was handled. I'll say that, but I was never convinced that she was necessary. I don't mind cast additions when they're minor, and minor she was, but Sonic has all the adventuring spirit I need. Frankly, I find it ironic that she was always the one who wanted to keep moving ahead, yet also the main reason for padding out the cutscenes. I don't hate her, but she was a presence without purpose as far as I'm concerned. They also had a good thing going between Blaze and Cream in the original, why couldn't they just do more with that?

I went into Sonic Rush Adventure expecting to hate her guts, and came away from it pleasantly surprised. Yes, she's annoying, but she's funny-annoying, rather than annoying-annoying, I thought.

Although given her personality, am I the only one who thinks it'd be awesome/ ironic/ funny if she were to randomly show up at some point, ten years older (explained by space-time whatever) and for her to be a total badass? :lol:

*wants to draw future Marine now. Probably won't*

I liked Marine; she was annoying in a way, but she was supposed to be, and it was funny to see how the other characters were annoyed by her.

I wish they would have explained what that weird power she used in the ending was, though.

*Marine game picture*

Oh, that's just awesome. Who drew that?

First of all, that game picture is amazing!

I liked Marine's design, I didn't like her as a character. Her dialogue was cringe-worthy, seriously we Aussies DO NOT talk like that, maybe two Australians in the history of ever have, but that was just stupid.

I disliked how she sorta stole the game, in my opinion Sonic Rush worked so well because Sonic and Blaze were two sides of a coin - Sonic the cocky and brash hero, and Blaze the self-reliant recluse....I liked that dynamic.

In SRA nobody had a chance to get much in as it was Marine doing this, Marine doing that, everybody look at Marine, look at how she's annoying everyone.

It kinda felt to me that because she set this "comedy" tone for the game that the villains were ruined because of it. I wanted Captain Whisker to be this badass pirate but instead he became a bumbling fool the butt of many jokes and essentially just bcame even more like the master he was created in the image of, Eggman.

I dunno I just didn't like it.

Plus I felt she took the role Cream had, (and Cream is pretty lacking in roles to fill as it is) the role of younger character for Blaze to look after and nurture and through those actions to teach Blaze that being alone and independant isn't necessarily good and that having friends isn't something to shun.

I dunno what was up with that ending either, they never really explained what Marine's deal was, did she have water type powers?

I hope not, in fact I hope it was her water pistol like on that game cover!

I just don't think more characters with powerful abilities is needed at the moment. I'd prefer it if she were just a regular sort of character with building skills.

I do kind of like Marine if I view her in my own way, ie: trying to make Blaze's world the alternate reality of Sonic's. So where Blaze is the alternate Sonic, with speed, the similar shoes and being the hero of her world, Marine has become to her what Tails is to Sonic, a sidekick who is talented at building things.

I like this and it feels fresh because the characters aren't just complete clones of each other; Sonic is boastful and cocky yet Blaze is humble and reserved. Tails is happy and helpful yet Marine is obnoxious and loud!

While she isn't anywhere close to my list of favourite characters I would like to see Marine again, in her and Blaze's world (A Mobius made up of many, many islands instead of any mainland continents in my mind) just.....dial down the "Aussie" slang and have her be less annoying....maybe being friends with Blaze has rubbed off a little of her reseveredness onto Marine :lol:

Edited by The-Master-Board

Oh, that's just awesome. Who drew that?

Some person by the name of Blue Stage (or Nekomanma, or tamaro, or wahawara00 - I'm not particularly sure). You can check out Blue Stage's blog here and website here. Blue Stage has some beautiful works there, Blue Stage is an amazing artist. The websites are all in Japanese though, mind you.

(lol lack of personal pronouns due to me not knowing the artist's gender)

Edited by HunterTSF

In my opinion, I thought Marine was way better then Cream. Then again, I thought that Silver, Blaze and Marine were better recent characters then Shadow, Rouge and Cream were, respectively. Namely because they don't cause so much fandom drama as those characters do (I have nothing against the latter three, though). I am sure that if Marine had a VA, she won't be as annoying. She does have an Australian slang accent, but that is who she is.