Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Day Stages...

Chaosmaster8753

I find Homing attack and boost during the whole stage so boring.

that is all

that is not even skillful. i miss the days when you had to put efforts in your speed runs while the levels are trying to kill you

good times.

Oh my god seriously.

Speedrunning any stage except Apotos and Spagonia is incredibly difficult. Just playing several of them the first few times is hard enough. Going though Holoska the first time takes so many lives.

You cannot say "oop speedruns in this gaem r easy" when that is all you have seen of the game.

Speed runs make every single Megaman game look easy. Guess what ones are easy? (hint: none of them except 3)

Edited by Galaxy Man
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've said this somewhere before, and I will keep saying it until another game comes along to change my mind. The day levels in Unleashed make the game my favorite 3D Sonic console game by themselves. And yes, I didn't like the Werehog. But then again, I didn't like Sonic & Elise's (06- when you had to actually carry her, that is- though him in mach speed areas was worse), Knuckles' (SA1, SA2 ), Big's (SA1), Amy's (SA1 and 06), Rouge's (SA2), or Tails' (06- Omega and Blaze I also had problems using in the game) gameplays in previous 3D games. And since the bad gameplay outweighed the good in those games, I think my reasoning is justified. (I know Sonic had the most levels, but that doesn't change that his companions usually ruined the games- the werehog and QTEs were much more bearable.)

They are really good looking, mostly well designed, actually -challenging- and have multiple paths. I also liked the stage variety and I actually really liked the realistic locations, they were done well. Oh, I also liked the daytime bosses, they were really neat. And I for one thoroughly enjoyed Eggmanland after I had mastered the QTEs (but now when I go back and play the game, I suck at the level all over again). What's not to like?

The QTEs, the difficulty being "all over the place" as said before, the game being -too- fast, the drifting, the platforming (but only -because- Sonic was too fast it made some platforming annoying), a bit too bottomless pit happy (especially the running on water parts), and stuff like that. Also, some of the humans looked really weird/creepy, but that's a minor complaint. I was never able to collect everything and get all S ranks in this game.

If this was a topic generally about Unleashed, I'd include things I liked/hated about the Werehog. Though I absolutely could not stand the Tails plane QTE mission- rail shooting in Sky Chase in SA1 was so much better.

Also: Speedduelist, I -dare- you to play through Unleashed 360 yourself and tell me it is "not skillful". I fucking double dare you.

Edited by Shade Vortex

@Galaxy Man

Sonic games should have a good balance between speed and platforming and Not just Running and Homing attack and avoiding pits.

Edited by speedduelist

@Galaxy Man

Sonic games should have a good balance between speed and platforming and Not just Running and Homing attack and avoiding pits.

Oh no! the first two levels are easy!

who da thunk it?

Also, you are really just repeating yourself at this point. I've addressed this. Are just just ignoring my posts? Most stages? Not boost spam, unless you are speed running.

Play the game, you don't know what you are talking about.

You are literally telling people who have played the game that it plays a certain way because you haven't played it but you've seen videos.

While the people who have played the game pretty much disagree.

• Thumbs Up 5

i am talking about the lack of platforming. the balance doesn't work well, all stages are based around Running and homing attack, and Barley any platforming [except adabat and eggman land].

Never talked about challenges or so.

Edited by speedduelist

i am talking about the lack of platforming. the balance doesn't work well, all stages are based around Running and homing attack, and Barley any platforming [except adabat and eggman land].

Never talked about challenges or so.

The...

What?

Also, once again, this is you judging from speed run videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

[not speed runs and No boost]

fast paced as expected.

i think we should discussing this because we won't stop disagreeing, but personally i think sonic unleashed pretty much lacks the balance between speed and platforming, i can hardly see platforms to Jump on or Slown Down platforming, its just boosting in the Sky and Killing Enemies with the boost and a total of 30 seconds platforming in each level aside eggman land and adabat.

while the classics had a correct balance between speed and platforming and not a Thrilling Roller coaster game play :

Day stages more like a rollect coaster thrilling ride in every stage, you don't feel like you are in an adventure, its more like you racing to the goal, the game drops you from place to place aside eggman land with no good balance between boost and homing attack sections and Platforming sections (usually the Speed sections thrilling game play wins):

while the classics had a correct balance between speed and platforming :

and not thrilling roller coaster ride, which is also fun. but i prefer the classics because the good balance between speed and platforming. my opinion

Edited by speedduelist

Ohhhhh, now I see what you meant by balance.

Either way, the videos with no boost? They're the earliest day stages in the game.

How much serious platforming did you need, not that was there, but needed to go through on Green Hill Zone? Emerald Hill? Angel Island?

Not as much as the later levels.

Going through the higher levels without boosting is way seriously difficult, and the boost makes that worse.

Does it have more speed than platforming? Duh.

But you don't really know how much there is because you've just watched speed run videos and slow videos of the first two stages. And you can't claim to know until you play it.

• Thumbs Up 3

you could clearly see that the true aim on the day stages is Thrilling game play with the boost while using quick step and drift to maintain your speed, that is it : only about speed. their is no thing that stops you from running as long as you click the right buttons, this is what the level designers had in mind, maintaining boosting and thrilling game play.

the no boost videos shows it all :

their is a tiny bit of platforming in each stage aside adabat and eggman land, where is adabat is also based on thrilling game play, but at least its platform heavy (the only one next to eggman land).

that what i would say Roller coaster thrilling ride, just see for your self :

Spring Drops you from place to place then you boost. the platforming is only a minimal part,

its not like its an adventure game to me at least, its more like a Thrilling Ride on a roller coaster.

Edited by speedduelist

speedduelist(the irony of your nickname amuses me), we are telling you that the platforming exists. No it is not classic Sonic platforming. It is more in line with Megaman and Metroid platforming or, as Phos so generousily stated, Little Big Planet platforming. You can not boost this game haphazardly or you will have wasted more hedgehog lives than a depraved science experiment. Yes, it is challenging. Extremely challenging. Some may call it borderline unfair. But it is far from easy.

And also: 'Their' is a possessive pronoun used for a group of people. 'There' is the correct subject nominative that you are thinking that you are saying. I'm sorry, but that was annoying me.

• Thumbs Up 2

speedduelist(the irony of your nickname amuses me), we are telling you that the platforming exists. No it is not classic Sonic platforming. It is more in line with Megaman and Metroid platforming or, as Phos so generousily stated, Little Big Planet platforming. You can not boost this game haphazardly or you will have wasted more hedgehog lives than a depraved science experiment. Yes, it is challenging. Extremely challenging. Some may call it borderline unfair. But it is far from easy.

And also: 'Their' is a possessive pronoun used for a group of people. 'There' is the correct subject nominative that you are thinking that you are saying. I'm sorry, but that was annoying me.

how is the topic has any thing to do with my user name?

I Like Sonic Being Fast, I like him for a reason that he is a fast platformer. how ever the platforming was more balanced in the classics, the day time of unleashed were 90% about quick step/homing attack and drift, I like the classic platforming because its slower and second that its correctly balanced with speed, in the classics, you had to do fast platforming to run really fast, in unleashed the speed is very free and 90% of the stage.

I never said i didn't like unleashed day stages, i am just saying i prefer classic platforming when the game seems to me like an adventure game.

i like when platforming is slower and balanced,boosting,drift and quick step and stomp and homing attack 90% of the time doesn't let it seems so at least for me.

So here is it :

- I don't like homing attack,drift,quick step while boosting through stages

- I don't like how Running and platforming aren't balanced when speed takes the whole majority in almost every stage

Sure you like it. but i don't, the game is like a roller coaster made to Thrill you to me when it comes to day stages, not really a platforming game or an adventure game.

Sure, you say its fun and i say its fun, but i will also say in my opinion that its not what i am looking for.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

how is the topic has any thing to do with my user name?

are you trolling?

You are very bad at irony, you know?

I Like Sonic Being Fast, I like him for a reason that he is a fast platformer. how ever the platforming was more balanced in the classics, the day time of unleashed were 90% about quick step/homing attack and drift, I like the classic platforming because its slower and second that its correctly balanced.

You're talking about the Wii version?

No?

Because there is far more platforming in the HD version of the game than that. Not like you would know, because you haven't played it and don't know what you are talking about.

• Thumbs Up 3

i am talking about the 360 version.

the game was made to Thrill you in day time, with minimum platforming except adabat and eggman land.

I like balanced platforming and speed. that is all and this is why i don't prefer unleashed more than the classics,

i am looking forward to some thing better though.

speedduelist, you're being a moron! PLAY THE FREAKIN' GAME, THEN you can comment on all of this. Otherwise you have no say in this matter, and you've been going on about it for PAGES. I think people who have played and continue to play the game would know more about it than you, who watches speed runs.

Don't tell me you've played it, because you clearly haven't. There's a tonne of challenging platforming in this game.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

i am talking about the 360 version.

the game was made to Thrill you in day time, with minimum platforming except adabat and eggman land.

Once again, how would you know?

The levels mostly build on platforming. While Apotos and Mazuri have smaller amounts of it, as the game goes on the levels get more and more platforming. The platforming is not minimal at all.

I like balanced platforming and speed.

Not even the classic games had this. You can't get 50/50 of each, and the closest to that, S3&K, half the levels are stupidly boring.

EDIT@DistantJ:

tonne

Why do you keep spelling it like that?

Edited by Galaxy Man
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not even the classic games had this

Sonic 3,2,1 would like to have a word with you :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfw9njoCWM&feature=related

platforms every where.

The levels mostly build on platforming. While Apotos and Mazuri have smaller amounts of it, as the game goes on the levels get more and more platforming. The platforming is not minimal at all.

give me a name of a day stage that is platforming heavy.

also the classics were more fun than unleashed to me.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Mazuri Act 4

Shamar Act 3

Among others.

This isn't about fun factor but your baseless claims about a game you haven't even played yourself.

Edited by Da Goddamn BatGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, speedduelist, you really need to play the 360 version in order to form a fair opinion. Right now, it just sounds like you're describing the Wii version with all you're complaints.

Watching videos on Youtube=/=Playing the game yourself.

Not to mention that on those videos you're watching on Youtube are done by players who've played the game before and know the fastest routes to take. It'd be like if you watched a speed run of one of the classic Sonic games on YouTube and then complained that the game doesn't have enough precise platforming. Yes, the classics did have more platforming, but Unleashed 360 isn't as devoid of platforming as you're saying it is.

Yet again, how would you know? You never even played it.

Edited by gamerguy21

Mazuri Act 4

Shamar Act 3

Among others.

This isn't about fun factor but your baseless claims about a game you haven't even played yourself.

other than extra downloadable acts? where is heavy platforming?

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 4

speedduelist, you're being a moron!

Okay no. Regardless of what you people argue about, we'll have none of this insult-tossing.

Sonic 3,2,1 would like to have a word with you :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfw9njoCWM&feature=related

platforms every where.

Platforms do not equal platforming. Sonic 1 was focused on platforming, not speed. Sonic 2 was focused on speed. Sonic 3's focus shifted between levels.

None of them contain an equal balance. Does this make them less fun? No. They just aren't this paragon of speed and platforming mixed that you take them to be.

By your own words speeduelist, Adabat and Eggmanland

other than extra downloadable acts? where is heavy platforming?

The extra acts are just as much part of the day stages as the normal levels. You can't disregard them because they disprove your argument.

Also, I love this little line,

Oh? You have an unfair bias to a game you haven't played and don't even really know about? And you judge said game based on literally nothing but speed run videos and you can't even take time to play the game?

Who would'a guessed?

Edited by Galaxy Man
  • Thumbs Up 6

Platforms do not equal platforming. Sonic 1 was focused on platforming, not speed. Sonic 2 was focused on speed. Sonic 3's focus shifted between levels.

None of them contain an equal balance. Does this make them less fun? No. They just aren't this paragon of speed and platforming mixed that you take them to be.

that is why i like sonic 3 and 1. sonic 2 had short levels and most of it is Running, but it was challenging i would say.

By your own words speeduelist, Adabat and Eggmanland

that pretty much proves my point.

The extra acts are just as much part of the day stages as the normal levels. You can't disregard them because they disprove your argument.

well i was talking about main day stages.

Oh? You have an unfair bias to a game you haven't played and don't even really know about? And you judge said game based on literally nothing but speed run videos and you can't even take time to play the game?

Who would'a guessed?

I haven't played the game, i admit

but i can see the obvious why they tried to make sonic run 300 MPH per hour, and i can see how the game is encouraging you to boost having rings every where, and encourging you to Thrill for the Epicness of the stages, but this is paralytically not what i want.

other than adabat,eggman land and optional short DLC acts, i could tell this game wasn't based on platforming.

it looks fun though and i would like to play it,

but i prefer more platforming than just speed, ofcourse i am not saying it looks automated, their is probably some cool things to do such as quick step and drift and homing attack specially the Thrilling Speed sonic goes to which are amazing. it doesn't seem like an adventure game to me, but it looks thrilling challenging game which i don't mind.

how ever i just prefer the classics for the better balance between speed and platforming.

it would be cool if sonic would grind on the giraffe , they should have brought more animals to mazuri (main act) :P

Edited by speedduelist

that is why i like sonic 3 and 1. sonic 2 had short levels and most of it is Running, but it was challenging i would say.

I am shocked and appalled.

Sonic 2 was great. So great. Everything else except for Colors can suck it. (I love you colorrrrrsss you feel so right~)

that pretty much proves my point.

You asked for a stage that had heavy platforming, after you had already named two.

You want more? Spagonia. Mazuri. Holoska. Empire City. Chun-Nan.

All of those have very decent amounts of platforming in them. Spagonia, Mazuri, and Chun-Nan allow skipping the platforming, but that's a player choice.

well i was talking about main day stages.

Doesn't make the extras not count all the same.

I haven't played the game, i admit

but i can see the obvious why they tried to make sonic run 300 MPH per hour, and i can see how the game is encouraging you to boost having rings every where, and encourging you to Thrill for the Epicness of the stages, but this is paralytically not what i want.

Once again, lies. By Holoska, the game is pretty much saying "HEY, IF YOU BOOST TOO MUCH, YOU WILL DIE." and by Adabat it's pretty much just for the straight parts of the stage.

other than adabat,eggman land and optional short DLC acts, i could tell this game wasn't based on platforming.

It was based on both platforming and speed. Speed took a bit more, yes, but the platforming is there and there is a lot of it. The Wii and the HD versions are two different beasts altogether, and while the Wii version allows for 'hold up to win' gameplay, the HD version will slap you in the face with it's dick if you pull that shit.

but i prefer more platforming than just speed, ofcourse i am not saying it looks automated, their is probably some cool things to do such as quick step and drift and homing attack specially the Thrilling Speed sonic goes to which are amazing. it doesn't seem like an adventure game to me, but it looks thrilling challenging game which i don't mind.

Unleashed HD conveys more of a feeling of travel and having an epic adventure more than any other Sonic game. It beats out all of them in that regard.

And the movement is more than quick step, drift, and homing attack. You just couldn't know because you haven't played it.

how ever i just prefer the classics for the better balance between speed and platforming.

Literally every Sonic fan prefers at least one classic game.

• Thumbs Up 2