Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

EDIT: There used to be youtube links here but they're from an older channel that no longer exists. Some of those old videos were reuploaded on my current now dormant channel though.

Edited by Ferno

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: More old stuff used to be here from a youtube project that no longer exists.

Edited by Ferno

Although I'm not a big fan of Anime, I have to say that these are very good. I like the use of the cut out animation, it works very well, and as someone who makes hand drawn animations as well, I know how difficult it is to make these. Good job. :)

At first I thought the Dragon Soul vid was just gonna be a remake of the DBZ-Kai opening.

It ended up being one of the greatest things I've seen all week. And I just watched Sonic Shorts 6 and AMV Hell 5. I especially liked the part when it switched to the Vic Mignogna version, and then the duet at the end.

I also really like your style. I mean, it's not the most amazingly detailed flowing piece of art ever, but it has definite charm about it that I like. And it's certainly way better than anything I could draw, let alone animatize. So, high-fives for you!

Thanks for the input guys. =) I actually could make much smoother animations if I wanted too, but I'm just an impatient person with a talent for quick-drawing. (Each frame literally takes me minutes) Most of my projects are finished in "one sitting" (this could be anywhere from hours to days non-stop- I can't stop from fear of losing interest and not finishing it if I do) Though my current project is taking longer because of school, I'm doing that one on and off. My remake of the 10th One Piece opening was my first attempt at smooth stuff, but 30 seconds of footage took me two days, and I'm unsure if I'll finish that one. tongue.gif

By the way, I have a link to this in the OP, but felt like putting it here:

Edit: vid no longer exists.

Edited by Ferno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This didn't take long at all, but boy did I use alot of ink; did this with a sharpie pen:

SDC15246.jpg

No, I'm not exited about Sonic Colors, what makes you think that?

>_>

<_<

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Something new I'm trying out that I may do in my next vid:

1Hybriddrawing.jpg

The backgrounds will still be hand-drawn, but the characters will be computer-animated in flash.

Now to get used to using a tablet, longer development times, ect.

Edit: Flash MX 2004 just crashed on me. I lost all the frames I made so far including ^that one. *pissed*

Maybe I should buy a more recent version of flash before moving on to this, but yeah, that's the direction I'm trying to go in with these things.

Edited by Inferno

• 3 weeks later...

A new preview for DSge4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSYFVtB34Y

Yep, I'm gonna go ahead and fully hand-draw this one too, the process is faster, and this time I actually have a deadline I set for myself (before the next semester starts,) so I can't afford anything too time consuming.

I'll save my flash concepts for the (inevitable) 5th version. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTRkM56B_Y4

I decided not to go with the Flash program I was gonna use. I'll be using a combination of hand drawn stuff, and paint.net, and movie maker instead. If all goes well, it'll atleast give off a feeling of being flash animated.

I also finished this weeks ago, and updated version of "3":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0K88-ZJfzM

People really eat these up, though I'm not sure if I'll do a 6, as I well, kinda wanna do other stuff and finish other projects I've put aside.

Edited by Inferno

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drew this in about an hour, must've still had some Redbull in my system from earlier:

SDC19086.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Bump. I forgot this topic existed. I'll edit some of the previous posts with fixed links soon. My old channel was taken down. That's the risk you take by making anime-related vids I guess. Gotta be on my toes about copyrighted content from here on out.

Might as well put some of my most recent projects up:

The 5th installment of the "main" staple of my channel, basically a crossover of several animes set to the song "Dragon Soul." This particular one was in development hell for pretty much most of last year, and I pretty much rushed the last half of thing out in a matter of 2-3 weeks due to people hounding me, though it was sorta my fault for being lazy all summer. As a result, there's a few issues with it's overall quality that I think makes it slightly inferior to the 4th installment, even though it's technically "larger" in scale.

For my current project, I'm recreating One Piece's 1st timeskip opening, on paper:

Why? Just because. Like, I literally have no reason why I'm doing this besides more art training.

I was bored one night, and I had about 4 cups of coffee in my system, (don't ask,) topped off with knowing that I'd have alot of free time in the coming weeks and I was like, "why not?"

This time I'm really challenging myself. This is one of those "I'm doing this to see if I can" type things, and also as an intense drawing practice, (as all these projects are when I get right down to it.) In an attempt to top the hand drawn 10th opening that I made, I'm practically drawing every scene frame-by-frame, (well, every other frame to be more precise; I'll be using camera tricks to make it look like there's more frames than there actually are,) and I'll be drawing the characters as they actually look; in the last one, they had simplistic faces because they were quicker to manage. I'll be done sometime in february, maybe the 1st week. This may be my last "big" project until probably the summer. I've already got my next two projects vaguely planned out, the main factor is if I'll have the time to do them, which I may not.

The thing that surprised me most though, is that I'm more than halfway done. O-O This same thing would've taken me like, way longer a year ago, and the final product wouldn't have even looked as good. I guess all these projects coupled with all the manga I've read (and studied like a madman) over the summer has upped my "drawing exp points," if you will. (I still somewhat suck at hands though ) Anyway, I'll have a second preview of what I have done so far (a rough draft of the whole thing,) by the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the end of the week, I've got a new preview, as planned.

Still on schedule for completion either next week or the week after that.

How long does it take you to make these? I honestly wish I had your work ethic, one painting can take me anywhere for 2 weeks to a month depending on my mood and how busy I am.

Edit: Oh yeah, nice work! Are you planning on making animation your career, it's obvious you have a passion for it at this point.

Edited by Silencer226

Well, this one's taken me 3 weeks so far, and the last one similar to this one which I did last summer took two.

And some of my earlier stuff took only a couple days. I think with each project, the time it takes me to finish grows longer and longer, as I try more and more new things. But at the same time, there's stuff I can do quicker now than I could back then, so I guess it sorta evens out a bit.

Edit: Oh yeah, nice work! Are you planning on making animation your career, it's obvious you have a passion for it at this point.

I'm currently trying to make graphic novels as a starting point. Right now these videos are a hobby of mine, which I'm using to hopefully exponentially increase my drawing skills in a short period of time, so once I start doing said novels, it won't be as hard. Maybe in the future I could do something in the animation field, but it's not one of my immediate goals right now.

Edited by Inferno

Opening is looking amazing. Really hope this week passes soon. =v

Any chance we'll be seeing the Naruto Parody's up again soon?

Opening is looking amazing. Really hope this week passes soon. =v

Any chance we'll be seeing the Naruto Parody's up again soon?

Yeah, I'll put it back up sometime in the future, I've just been meaning to fine tune a few things but haven't gotten to get around to it yet.

• Thumbs Up 1