Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump with just one pic, but I haven't done a whole lot worth putting up lately.

Beverie2r-2.png?t=1348720284

Not her final outfit, but this is an idea of Beverie's normal clothes. I chose red white and black for the basic color scheme because I pretty much wanted her to look like a walking soda bottle.

I'm also trying to bring the character's facial features closer to how they were originally, as that was easier for me to draw in any size.

Sallier.jpg?t=1349019763

This second pic is something I drew on my 3DS in Colors 3D, which I'm currently using in conjunction with the Art Academy games on my DSi to try and get the hang of tablet drawing during this time when I don't actually have my tablet. Could be better, but I'm working on it. This is Sal by the way, or as I'm thinking of calling her, Sally, or something similar. She basically came to mind when I needed a character to represent Salad and veggies. Her hair is usually black, but I went for brown here because I wanted to try color blending and thought brown would be easier to do than black.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

Still not alot of new content, just messing around with the limited tools and programs currently available to me.

Beverie3.jpg?t=1349323023

This is pretty much the same as above, but with an added background that I made in Colors 3D, as an experiment in combining the different art programs currently at my disposal, and exploiting the strengths of each for a single image.

The second is simply a digital coloring of this to see if I could:

SDC11413.jpg?t=1331562864

LuffyVecColored.png?t=1349328627

It came out decently enough considering I didn't have digital coloring methods in mind when doing the line art on that particular project. The hardest part was getting a around his hair, as that was colored in with both colored pencils and ink in the original image. Infact, because of the way I inked and colored my past projects, "remastering" them as I sometimes considered doing, would be nearly impossible to do in a timely manner; Actually, it would literally take less time for me to make something completely from scratch, this time with digital coloring in mind.

Must.

See.

Bill and Berg's normal clothes. o3o

Soon. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

uhh... not to alarm you Inferno, but the girl has 2 right hands in your pic lol, thumb should ALWAYS point towards the body, unless it's palms flat/wrist rotated.

just a tip for you~

• Thumbs Up 1

uhh... not to alarm you Inferno, but the girl has 2 right hands in your pic lol, thumb should ALWAYS point towards the body, unless it's palms flat/wrist rotated.

just a tip for you~

Ah, I just caught that, thanks for the tip. I was subconsciously wondering why the thumb was "off" looking but couldn't put my finger on why. Changing that thumb is actually an easy fix that I can tackle later.

Edited by Inferno

no problem, hands are the puzzling piece of a character, i mainly blame it on the fact that it's not an even number there fore, cannot be mirrored or be symmetrical...

my biggest grey area is feet and foot positioning, that and knees/lower legs.

if you ever want to jam sometime Inferno i'm always up for it, can give you some tips for improvement if you'd want that :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Another rough draft, again with the same content as the last one. Because of how the story is currently being written out, these events happen around chapter 4, but it could happen in a later chapter depending on how much I can fit in each.

FriedaC4Page1.png?t=1349640487

FriedaC4page2.png?t=1349640517

Why black and white? Well, from now, I'm sorta being realistic with myself. I wanna see this thing through to the end, as I like to finish what I start. (Yes, this thing will have a linear story, with a start middle and end,) and seeing how hectic my life will probably get a year or so from now, I have to simplify a few things wherever possible to ensure that I'm actually able to update every week/month/whatever schedule I chose to start with, and I think B&W would take less time in the long run, even if I think it'd look good in full color. I still wanna apply shading wherever I can though like in the first panel so it can still be nice to look at though. Another option I'm considering is full color, but less shading and highlights, which tend to take up the most time.

Another thing that's killing me right now is how these characters tend to look different depending on how big or small I draw them on the page. It's kinda hard for me to keep their designs consistent. I'll have to find a way around this soon, but it could get easier the more I draw them.

I'll do another rough draft whenever I can get my tablet. I have a feeling that alot of the problems I'm currently dealing with has to do with the limited space I have when drawing on paper, vs the unlimited canvas that an art program provides.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

I donno what Software you use and how it works but if your having problem with drawing space then why not get a rough idea how many tiles on the page you'll need, make those basic tiles with a square tool or something, draw the background onto it and as a separate page, draw the character and then cut & paste then play around with a sizing tool, fit it onto one of your background tiles?

Means you can be consistent I suppose but it not, just really take your time drawing small, I suffer from the problem myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I draw all the line art on paper right now, with the rest of the work being done in Inkscape and Paint.Net. Your idea is a good one and I've considered it for when I have a tablet again, though it'd take alot of coordination to get just right, (as I've learned from working with my paper cut-outs,) especially if a character is interacting with a part of the background, like if they're holding a door for example. But thanks for your input.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A short story I thought up, and an excuse to get some practice in.

MultiplayerPage1.png?t=1352710032
MultiplayerPage2.png?t=1352710194
MultiplayerPage3.png?t=1352710240
MultiplayerPage4.png?t=1352710284
MultiplayerPage5.png?t=1352710325
MultiplayerPage6.png?t=1352710367
MultiplayerPage7.png?t=1352710382
MultiplayerPage8.png?t=1352710422
MultiplayerPage9.png?t=1352710460
MultiplayerPage10.png?t=1352710491
MultiplayerPage11.png?t=1352710522
Multiplayerpage12.png?t=1352710602
MultiplayerPage13.png?t=1352710640

Adding the rest of the pages to another post.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

Haha, that ruled! Love the art style, too. The whole no-eyes style was really cool, and the humor was solid. Keep it up!

• Thumbs Up 1

DON'T YOU STEAL MY IN-- I mean yeah, you're right. Good job, Inferno. ^^;

NO.

KAT. NO.

YOU ARE MINE. jkdontkillmeplz

But yeah, Inferno is totally awesome, everyone should check his stuff out. Cool art style and everything. The Multiplayer comic (that's what it's called, right?) was funny, and I liked the style it went for. This is some good stuff, that is all.

EXCEPTPUTTHEDRAWINGSOFKATUPHEREBRO

Edited by Can of Nothing

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just some miscellaneous stuff I felt like posting:

sonicstadiummusicadventure2012covercompl

My album cover. Other than the jaggy-edged lines due to the program I use, I liked how it came out. The original level was exploding with color, so I tried to replicate that here. 

JezMM's main avatar girl herself, Alice. Here I tried to keep her look similar to the way Jez draws her, while injecting a little of my style into it as well.

JezMMsAlicecomplete_zps7e6ff174.png

37be7aa0-e86d-428b-85eb-95fae25ff5d0_zps 162f4053-d646-4290-8e16-c7626d449d30_zps

Two WIP pics from a OP-related project that I'm being commissioned for. This is the first commissioned work that I've done, and I'll probably start taking commissions regularly after this, if I have the time, and once I figure out setting up price points and all that technical stuff.

• Thumbs Up 8