Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

Good job inferno yes

My body is ready for more of the godliness that is your artwork

Edited by The Beverage
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had a look for this topic after you showed me the Alice pic but couldn't find it for the life of me.  D8  Just had a blast looking through your stuff and seeing your Frieda character designs develop over time, it looks great, I love your style too, why'd you tarnish it by putting in bits of my style in the Alice pic.  >8U  (I still love it lol).

Another thing that's killing me right now is how these characters tend to look different depending on how big or small I draw them on the page. It's kinda hard for me to keep their designs consistent. I'll have to find a way around this soon, but it could get easier the more I draw them.

I know this is from a while back but I thought I'd chip in, in case it's still a problem for you.  I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.  This is one of those artist's problems where you, as the artist, notice it way more than the reader does.  They just see the character, but you were there seeing all the lines and shapes that build up that character individually.  Even aside from that, I've noticed in my own comics, I tend to give my characters bigger heads when they're smaller due to the "camera" being far away, even when I'm not simplifying them for comedic effect/time constraints (if it's a throwaway panel that serves its purpose even with simplified art).  Doing so actually has the advantage of making their expressions clearer etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Your art is really sweet man, you've improved a lot since I last saw it. Your Sonic cover is really impressive and stands out from the rest of the album's selection due to that really cutesy, pastel-looking style. Your character designs and facial expressions are also great. Keep it up!

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a look for this topic after you showed me the Alice pic but couldn't find it for the life of me.  D8  Just had a blast looking through your stuff and seeing your Frieda character designs develop over time, it looks great, I love your style too, why'd you tarnish it by putting in bits of my style in the Alice pic.  >8U  (I still love it lol).

Thanks, I guess it can be sorta hard to find, being in misc, but I only started the thread here because most of what I post isn't really Sonic-related, and so I figured here was fine, plus I'm still a little shy about my art so for the time being I sorta like this being in sort of a secluded part of the forum until I'm actually ready to shout "hey look at my art!!" from the rooftops. tongue.png

As for your pic, I like emulating styles (to the best of my ability) when it comes to drawing other's characters (such as the cross-over pics I did) because 1, I feel like I'm honoring the the design decisions the creator made, 2, I rarely draw other's characters 100% in my own style because they may come out looking similar to one or more of my own original characters that I may or may not have revealed or talked about yet, and 3, drawing in a variety of different ways forces my brain to think differently and I learn more by doing so. =p

But since you're curious, if I were to draw Alice in my own default style, she'd probably come out looking like this:

fa0213a7-c970-40b4-a040-e52f58deb769_zps

I know this is from a while back but I thought I'd chip in, in case it's still a problem for you.  I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.  This is one of those artist's problems where you, as the artist, notice it way more than the reader does.  They just see the character, but you were there seeing all the lines and shapes that build up that character individually.  Even aside from that, I've noticed in my own comics, I tend to give my characters bigger heads when they're smaller due to the "camera" being far away, even when I'm not simplifying them for comedic effect/time constraints (if it's a throwaway panel that serves its purpose even with simplified art).  Doing so actually has the advantage of making their expressions clearer etc.

Thanks for your input! And yeah, it's still a small problem here and there, but I guess it does sorta boil down to over-thinking things. Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was bored.

friedaandbev2complete_zpsc61f14fb.png

Best friends.

Other stuff from what was pretty much a drawing spree last night:

ec0cc4a1-8be4-4ab5-a931-9b91038e18df_zps

541db5a3-0910-4a85-9ae7-e504309b7583_zps

0b5cfc76-68bb-4d7a-b73a-b65751fee46b_zps

11a50cac-48d8-4f86-9d68-7705865244bb_zps

4dca797c-8af3-4310-be49-5942929afeda_zps

More from that commission thingy I'm working on. I'm really trying to finish it soon so I can get back to developing my original stuff. I'm getting good practice out of it though.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

Just more random bits and pieces, showing my progress and stuff. 

Some pics from a few of the final drawings of a commission thingy I was doing. Sucks that I only really started hitting my stride once I was almost done.

62allytootakus_zpscc7cf1a2.png

Sort of a silly shot of Luffy yelling at Crocodile and pissing him off. I gave the colors alot of extra attention here compared to earlier parts of the same project.

4b993a7d-c77c-4a99-8676-6e3af13e8d12_zps

Probably my favorite pic out of the whole project. I was sorta hyper when I drew this, and as usual, I tend to draw things in a more energetic way when I'm in a hyperactive mood.  

Onto some original stuff, not much but I'm experimenting with the styles of my characters again.

Friedaavatarmarch2013_zpsc39873fe.pngSally2013_zps2088d6b8.pngblendaavatar2013_zpsbbbf1c77.png

It's getting easier to draw my characters with more detail. (though I may still opt for a more simplified approach in the actual comic itself for practicality's sake when the time comes.) At this stage any changes I want to make to most of them are minor and I'm just trying to work on refining what I do have before getting to work on the comic. (Also I'm not sure if Blenda will ever actually use an axe in the actual comic, I just like drawing her holding axes.)

And now for something miscellaneous.

Chili20132_zpsaff41af9.png

What started out as a joke character (who was a human design I made based off my default avatar's color scheme,) for forum-related shenanigans pretty much became my go-to "test dummy character" when trying out new drawing approaches over the past few months, and now she has a (not-finalized) name. I liked her design too much not to use her in more stuff, (if the avatars didn't give that away,) and I always reuse character designs I create in some fashion down the road, even if it's small. It's a bit random, but I gave her a bit of a techy-look here. As of now she doesn't exist in any of the stories I have planned and am working on, but she could show up in cameos if nothing else, or I could just end up recycling parts of her design to other characters down the line.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

• 1 month later...

Ooooh I am intriguied!  Awesome stuff.  =D  (Oh and if you ever draw anything of mine you can assume my permission to post it on dA!)

Haven't done anything like this in a long time, but I'm sorta dipping my toes into animation again for whatever reason after finding some decent software the other day:

OhLookAnimation_zps4dbd4ea2.gif

Just some random thingamabob. I was also up all night doing this character animation thingy:

Not all that great. I chose this scene because it was short and talky, and I wanted to try my hand at a continuous still-shot compared to how the original scene was. I got tired a quarter of the way through and the characters just came out like blobs, but its still the most "expressive" character animation I've done personally.

The original scene that I got the audio from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQhd4G_TVYs

As I said before, I don't think I could ever see myself as a real animator in the future, but it sure is fun to try and as a hobby.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

*Chapter number subject to change as story is worked on* Just another rough draft of a chapter, focusing on two characters I haven't really touched on yet:

92dd59e4-1fa7-49b3-b8d7-550a45155e61_zps

9e465282-e342-4c25-a9df-09254a55ce90_zps

1fcc00da-516e-4fc2-839d-d50ea2e3df33_zps

Yeah, they're both pretty terrible at their jobs. More updates as development continues.

New Update: Currently in the process of rewriting most of what I have so far to a "smaller" format. I'm not even sure if the content will be in "chapters" anymore. As I'm reworking things any new details on this project may be a little scarce as I'll be working on it quietly until I'm ready to start updating on it's progress again. 

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

ssmbcrossovercomplete_zpse5906f87.png

Okay, this...this is funny. Auto's holding you up, and you're like "WTF?".

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen your stuff in a while.  It's just as awesome as ever!  I particularly like the X/Y girl trainer pic.  Keep up the good work.

Also the group shot of the 4 of us kicks ass, I wish I saw it sooner.

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh gosh I love the Blue Wisp avatar pic you did (hence my bothering you to update your art topic a while back >8U).  Shantae, Serena and Yoko all came out SUPER cute too.

And hollllly shit whatdowehavehere that Alice is SO awesome.  Q_Q  Frieda was no big deal you owed me nothing (but I'm not gonna say you shouldn't have because yes this is a thing that should exist).  I adoooore it.  Psst you should post it on tumblr so I can share it.  8C

Your art is seriously improving literally with every single picture you post btw, and just look at your range of styles you've attempted AND been successful in.  Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks Jez, I'm always trying to do stuff I haven't tried, and if I'm not, I usually get bored pretty quickly. XP I always feel that I haven't yet reached my full potential, so with everything that I draw, I'm always trying to push and see what I can do, what I haven't tried yet, and alot of the time I end up surprising myself. I don't think I'll ever truly be "satisfied" or feel like I'm "finally up there with the big dogs," but I guess that's part of the fun of drawing, the ride never ends, and there's always those out there with better skills than you to keep you motivated to try harder.

Wonderful stuff man. That X/Y trainer's hair is like perfect.

Also, it pleases me to see another fellow artist dabble in really cute anime ladies drawings.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

STOP- IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!

mightyswitchforcecoloredcomplete_zpsd9a8

Been playing Mighty Switch Force recently, pretty fun game, with great art direction and fun characters that I thought I'd try my hand at drawing.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...