Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

Lovin' this stuff, man.  Can't wait to see more of Half Blend.  Out of all the projects you've shared here, that one has me the most interested.

Also @Wii Fit Trainer - I wanna work out with you 2 bby

• Thumbs Up 1

Still mainly working on Half Blend, but I'm still developing and drawing characters from my other project here and there so I don't get rusty, as I still plan on jumping back into development for that right after Blend is finished. But yeah, a pic Jez recently drew of my character Beverie made me remember that I haven't drawn her fully colored in awhile. For comparison's sake here's an old pic from earlier.

Over a year ago:

Beverie2r-2.png?t=1348720284

Today:

beverienewoct13coloredfullr4_zps8c66c7b9

I think my hands are finally catching up to my brain's mental blueprints for what I may want these characters to look like, both in art style, and what I'm able to do technically. A year ago I didn't have a tablet, so I did the linework on paper and attempted a digital line look, then colored it digitally. Now I can do everything with my tablet and get the look I was initially trying to create at the time, now combined with loads of things I've picked up after all this time. This particular drawing is pretty much an extra detailed version of the standard look these characters have, which may be slightly less detailed in the final comics when I get to them, but for this I just wanted to pour into it.

Edit: also have a Pac-Man doodle because he's cool:

pac_man_complete_r_by_fernal_red-d6qz8lz

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

Dancr1_zps7cf87489.png

Because he's always doing cool stuff like this for everyone else and I thought it'd be cool to return the favor.

*Edit: I went with brown for the eyes because in the references I used I couldn't figure out the real eye color.

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

blink.png *gasp* 

Aww, that is so super freakin' awesome!!! I wasn't expecting this, thanks alot. It means alot to me that you'd take the time to make something for me. I'm not used to stuff like this. 

Regarding the eye colour, I don't remember what colour I used in the picture on my profile page. I always thought I had blue eyes, but when I took a closer look today, it looked more like a green-ish blue-ish almost grey colour with a bit of brown around the centre. I've been thinking of taking a photo of myself to share in the picture thread, so maybe I could get some opinions on the issue...

I'm rambling...thanks again for you kindness, you honour me with your artistic talent. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mv9fhof40l1rk4i5co1_500.png

I dunno. After my toaster shenanigans the other day, I wanted to do something else toaster related, then I thought about a toaster-like device as a weapon of sorts, then the girl and everything else was designed around that. Not really going anywhere with this, just a random idea I had to jot down while it was fresh in my head. The character herself could make cameo appearances in any one of my stories, as I hate just creating characters willy-nilly and never using them again for other things.

Edit: this was a request from a follower on Tumblr, they wanted a little girl ghost who lives in a tree with her pet goldfish:

tumblr_mvcwepmxcy1rk4i5co1_500.png

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_mvf0wqYR0M1rk4i5co1_400.jpg tumblr_mvf0wqYR0M1rk4i5co2_r1_500.png

tumblr_mvio25mnfK1rk4i5co1_500.pngtumblr_mvio25mnfK1rk4i5co2_r1_500.png

Just some experiments where I applied my artstyle to fanart rather than trying to stay on-model. With the pokemon characters I pretty much used my drawing style entirely, though with the One Piece characters I still kept most of their model's traits because they didn't really look like themselves otherwise.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 9

HalfBlendPromogroupshotcwithlogo_zpsc8ee

Really wanted to draw the 3 main characters of my current project together in a shot for awhile. They all continue to evolve, as both my digital and pencil techniques improve, which was the original plan, though hopefully I'll have most of the technical stuff ironed out and have a consistent look going before I'm ready to begin. Right now I'm currently sketching out the rough drafts of all the pages on paper, then in a few months or so I'll ink and color them digitally. Trying to do a big chunk of pages in one go so I don't have any random hiatuses or pauses in the schedule once I get started. Giving myself a few months to do all of this, and the time window for actually getting page 1 online is currently Spring/Summer 2014 if all goes to plan and IRL stuff doesn't get in the way.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

the time window for actually getting page 1 online is currently Spring/Summer 2013 if all goes to plan and IRL stuff doesn't get in the way.

I was impatient to begin with and you're already like 6 months late.  >8O

• Thumbs Up 4

I was impatient to begin with and you're already like 6 months late.  >8O

Oops typo, meant 2014. It's 6 AM over here gimme a break. :v

• Thumbs Up 5

Not much in terms of new stuff, as I was kind of out of it this week as far as inspiration and energy, but I did do a couple pieces:

tumblr_mvq3k8wNX81rk4i5co1_500.png

Eddy requested puppies. Sorta gave it a softer look and went easy on the outlines because I was trying to go for something cute and soft.

tumblr_mvvgcjFvur1rk4i5co1_400.png

Billy's pose here is based on his box art pose, but I played around with this extremely exaggerated perspective. It's an unfinished sketch, but I felt that it was alright enough to show, as I don't know if I'll finish it.

tumblr_mvzk4oonAs1rk4i5co1_500.png

Drew this last night after an attempt to yank myself out of a week-long art-block rut. As such it's not as refined as something "the me of a week ago" probably could've done, but I still like it, as it's getting easier for me to draw this character with an appearance that's getting more and more consistent; both in terms of being reminiscent of the way she was drawn originally, and the visual idea I have for the character in my mind. There's always been a sort of "look" I've tried to achieve with the characters in my Frieda project, something that was supposed to be pretty different visually than most of my other stuff style-wise. The idea's been there since the start, but I still don't think I'm quite there yet on a technical level to where I can pull off what I'm trying to convey visually without difficulty. I'm only gonna get there with more practice.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I recently had a bit of a move, and for the time being I have no idea when I'll have internet at my place. Could be a few weeks, or a few months. Sorta bummed and haven't been drawing much outside of commissions, though I did draw one thing recently. I haven't actually drawn Frieda in her work outfit in awhile so I decided to do that. I drew this a few nights after moving in but I had to really drum up the motivation to do so. Being disconnected from my whole world pretty much (the interwebz) is taking it's toll on my enthusiasm, as much as I'm trying to stay positive, but yeah, I have the first drawing of the character along with the recent one I did for comparison's sake:

FriedaVector3.png?t=1343719715 friedavecredocr1_zps9b15a11c.png

Getting there I guess, though I think the way I drew her in the previous post above was a teensy little bit closer to what I want in the final, wasn't in the biggest of drawing moods the night I drew this. For whatever reason, out of all my characters, Frieda's actually the hardest one for me to draw consistently. There's a number of things I'm still trying to change visually now that my art skills as a whole have improved, but I still want her to look like the same character by the end of it all.

Speaking of my projects, Along with Frieda and Half Blend, I'm also experimenting with even smaller projects to go alongside them. Stuff that's truly "made-up-as-they're-drawn" so to speak. The way my life is currently going, I don't have time to sit and plan things for years on end. I need to get things out there now. Like, now, now. Maybe in the coming months I'll start elaborating on those smaller projects as well as my larger ones to get some momentum going.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

Eh, figured I'd quietly post these pieces while I'm online again:

e6b6866f-7042-40b2-94a3-9766adf61472_zps

Sort of shifted her back to her standard look and used the usual visual style going back to the earliest stuff, only now drawn better and resembling something my past self was trying to depict. Her hair is also slightly different, but it's actually a little closer now to what I was trying to get it to look like a year ago. As for the background I purposely tried to get it to look sketchy and papery, sort of as a tribute to the way the characters were originally drawn when I had no other means of doing so. I may actually experiment with combining pencil-styled and digital elements in the comic itself, similar to Half Blend but more subtle, being just an aesthetic thing, both as a time-saving move, and just because I like doing this sort of thing alot and feel like it's pretty much become my "thing" at this point when I think about it. 

Also this, it's not finished as I intend to color it, but I wanted to post what I had while I was here. It's sort of a redo of a previous pic depicting a typical scene in the comic which I personally thought came out pretty bad even back then, though this time with more characters added as I haven't gotten to draw alot of them in awhile:

FriedaSceneredrawsketchcr1_zps4b03e60c.p

"Um...a little help over here...please?"

These group shots man. Great, but tedious, although I finished this sketch quicker than I thought I would. The original depicted an angry lady asking what was taking so long for her food. Didn't really get that across visually here though my main goal was to draw everything better than it was in the original. Just for giggles, like the original I wanted to set the scene up in sort of a cinematic fashion as if the camera was right in the room, with the characters either closer or further away from the camera and such, this time doing it a little better than previously. As soon as I was done with the sketch I added black bars as sort of a joke type thing because I thought it really looked like something out of a storyboard in this stage.

Currently, I'm still working on Half Blend and a few other even smaller-scale and less taxing projects, though I'm still working on Frieda-related stuff too at the same time to keep from losing track of that project and what I've done so far. I feel alot more confident now than I did a year ago say should I up and start it any time soon, though I think I need just a little more practice, which is what the smaller projects will be for.

• Thumbs Up 6

Moar Frieda-related stuff. Gonna be posting more Half Blend stuff soon but I've really been in the mood to revisit and even update some of the character's designs lately, as the entire process of drawing them is getting easier. Here's a few more:

f492ab00-ccdd-4288-9917-3f8b93bc34d8_zps 7375620a-74e4-4122-a0a5-675d4a38e399_zps

Sal's new design is actually based on/ borrowed from another character from another story I never talked about that I ended up shelving months ago due to it being similar in plot-structure to Half Blend, which I felt had more potential. I really liked the protagonist's hair style and outfit so I gave elements of those to Sal, who's original design I thought was sorta lacking. As for Blenda I gave her an added hat and changed other stuff around a bit to give her more of a stylish appearance. The hat is supposed to subtly resemble an ice cream cone. Somewhere down the line I'll actually start elaborating on these character's personalities which I've had worked out since nearly the beginning, but kept quiet about due to wanting to save as much info as I could for the actual comic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Here's another character of mine that doesn't really get much attention from me. The drawing on the left is from over a year ago, and the other one I did recently:

0b362b28-6c73-4736-bf85-dc4618011226_zps d50f0e87-7093-474f-8eb3-4a16710c2c72_zps

I don't talk about Pastri much because for the longest time her design wasn't even finalized and sorta place-holder-y until I could work on her design a bit more. She's supposed to be one of the youngest characters in the cast, and like Sal, for her updated look, I borrowed design elements from other characters I've created that I don't intend on ever using in anything and added those elements to her overall design to spice it up a little. Saying that though, I pretty much kept her outfit the same, though now with added shades, and different hair, along with making her more "girly" than I was able to draw her previously. I'll probably draw updated versions of the other characters as well, as so far I've only gone through about half and wanna revisit them all. As a side note, it's really getting easier to draw these characters. Before it was a challenge because I was breaking into a new style for this project a year ago with a basic "idea" of what I wanted but lacking the skills to actually draw it like I wanted, it was mainly the faces, hair, and trying to get better at body proportions. Now that's less of a problem. Still got a ways to go in all departments, but I'm sure the me of a year or two from now is on a whole other level and has it covered more than I do now.

Inferno, you have fallen into the trap of drawing nothing but "things that have boobs" lol and I approve. tongue.png

I enjoy drawing guys and stuff too, it's just that girls are more fun for me to draw and more of a challenge to "get right", and in general, if I'm not being challenged in some way, I get bored pretty quickly and it's hard to stay motivated, so I tend to gravitate more towards girls, and other things that're more challenging for me on a regular basis.

s-stop looking at me with that "oh suuure" expression

Also before I forget again, here's some more commissions I've done recently that I haven't posted:

5ae585ee-8662-40e6-be52-492623702d31_zps

For Jin, they wanted a combo of their favorite Blazblue characters. It was my first time drawing anything BB related but it was pretty fun.

eb3e9928-53db-4703-b862-9bd4d783858d_zps

For Kapi, they wanted a christmas/winter themed Chespin based on existing art of it. I also added a fun little snow-themed background.

85000b3b-c71b-4c38-ac94-9342d2cff8c3_zps

And Lhancat wanted his OC combined with his favorite Blazblue characters. I don't draw anthro characters often, but it was pretty fun going crazy with stuff like his tail and ears, which are things I don't get to play around with often as most of the characters I draw in general are humans.

• Thumbs Up 7

All your girls have gotten curvier. Pastri in the first pic looks all sweet and innocent, the 2nd one says "I've been a naughty girl, punish me". 

Edit: This is my way of complimenting you, your characters have become lively.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I interpreted the newer pic as kinky like Noel's suggestion but I do like the curvy increase lol.  She comes across as shy/awkward and intimidated personality-wise, with the curvy pose for flavour.

EDIT: I miss our art nerdings, how goes the internet re-acquiring.  8C

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I interpreted the newer pic as kinky like Noel's suggestion but I do like the curvy increase lol.  She comes across as shy/awkward and intimidated personality-wise, with the curvy pose for flavour.

I'm just teasing him at this point lol, all in good fun. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

All your girls have gotten curvier. Pastri in the first pic looks all sweet and innocent, the 2nd one says "I've been a naughty girl, punish me". 

Edit: This is my way of complimenting you, your characters have become lively.

Thanks, though I was going for more of a coming-into-a-room-and-thinking "what's going on in here?" type thing. =P I tend to take alot more time these days to break characters and objects into shapes now rather than just drawing them, so I guess in a way they come out looking more alive and less stiff than they would look before. Jez's description is pretty accurate actually.

EDIT: I miss our art nerdings, how goes the internet re-acquiring.  8C

Still the same thing really. Trying to find a better paying job or atleast another one on top of my current part-time one so that I can pay my share of the rent equally before trying to add more things on. Hopefully this changes soon though. I miss being on the net as much as i used too. ;w;

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, though I was going for more of a coming-into-a-room-and-thinking "what's going on in here?" type thing. =P I tend to take alot more time these days to break characters and objects into shapes now rather than just drawing them, so I guess in a way they come out looking more alive and less stiff than they would look before. Jez's description is pretty accurate actually.

I've been doing that too,  its been very helpful, and at this point I can't imagine just drawing a straight character without using that method.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aliceredodec13cr1_zps2c598bee.png

If Jez's character Alice stepped into one of the universes of the stories I'm developing, she'd probably look a little like this. I should do this sorta thing more often. I've done this to the character before actually, but this time I went further with drawing her as if she were one of my own, also using my current drawing techniques that I use on my original characters.

• Thumbs Up 8

I like your style, hmmm,if I can make one critique (don't hate me ;A;), maybe its the angle, but the face seems kind of off center? I dunno, but other than that, nice work, teach me how to color <3

• Thumbs Up 1