Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

More stuff, though the first one's actually pretty old, like, about 2 years old:

tumblr_n451de9kea1rk4i5co1_500.png

Brie's original design; actually this was the first drawing of the character. The concept started in my head around 2012 or so, a few weeks after I started developing my Frieda comic, but it wasn't until 2013/14 that I actually got serious about making something with it. Throughout that period, I kept the whole thing sorta behind a curtain while I had my other concepts in the spotlight, before I had to put them on hold for awhile. She's changed alot, and back then she didn't even have a name, she was pretty lanky, had rather large ears, and Forq was just an inanimate object at that stage.

tumblr_n497yyhuCg1rk4i5co1_500.png

Felt like drawing one of my Frieda characters again, and also experimenting a bit more. I was trying for another look for Beverie that more or less borrows from her very first drawing while still doing alot of new things. I also experimented with returning to a simpler cel-shaded shading method here, as the other one I developed over the past year or so is starting to get very time consuming to pull off the more detailed it becomes. Even using my older techniques, I'm glad that it still looks much better than past drawings I made regardless.

tumblr_n497zk51Sb1rk4i5co1_1280.png

This one's a bit harder to explain. I was in a very experimental mood, so I took a picture of a lamp in the house and "doodled" on the picture itself resulting in this. The face was a last-minute addition.

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_n4ab4cJidm1rk4i5co1_1280.png

So, I said I'd probably never draw these two again, but... I kinda drew these two again. This time closer to the visual style that they had in the comic they appeared in last year. As for doing anything further with them, it's still mainly a no atm, as I don't think that little comic short could really be expanded beyond what it was. I just like drawing them in general.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_n4nc6qWNPw1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Felt like doodling Shantae again, this time inspired by her current look and proportions. She's got sort of an Iron Man thing going on here, and I'm pretty sure this isn't something she can do, but I thought it'd be cool to draw as far as poses go.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wanted to draw Glo in color before moving on:

tumblr_n4pn2s0MWV1rk4i5co1_500.png

With each chapter I'm getting closer to wrapping up alot of the obligatory info-dropping and such for now, so I feel like I'll really be able to cut loose soon as the comic goes on over time.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_n450s3R8qa1rk4i5co1_500.png

I actually sketched this redesign before doing chapter 9 of Cheesecake Odyssey where they appeared, but I forgot to post it here. It's basically a redone version of the earlier design but more animal-like this time.

tumblr_n3tqu54Cc41rk4i5co1_500.png

Little Half Blend doodle to keep from getting too rusty with drawing them. In this shot they're supposed to be in the middle of a city, but I didn't get as far as doodling in the background or fully coloring anything.

tumblr_n4wm9ybBnK1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Another little doodle of my Frieda comic characters, actually a redraw of one of their earliest drawings where I drew the cast at the time in a group. This was also something where I was attempting to draw them as if I were actually drawing them in the comic itself, which I've always pictured as black and white mainly. It's a little back-to-basics-y, but unless I get super good at doing stuff quickly + being in color, this is probably what the actual comic could look like if I'm being completely realistic with myself, though with this I did give the characters a visual look similar to their original ones while keeping alot of new tweaks I've done over time just so they're easier to draw.

tumblr_n4wm6afn0g1rk4i5co1_r1_500.png

Saw an interesting tumblr post of Ms Bellum and thought I'd do a quick little redraw of it.

tumblr_n5063hwYgn1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Haven't drawn WFT in awhile so I thought this little doodle would be fun.

And also, I recently finished the 10th chapter of Cheesecake Odyssey. Sorta surreal to me that I've gotten this far with it already and it's technically still just getting started:

tumblr_n52gssc91E1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gtapYMj1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gtsb27T1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gubny211tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gusNjzh1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gv9Fze41tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gvqbwEQ1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n52gw8PcYc1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_n639ws5vO31rk4i5co1_500.png

Drew Jez' character, Rani. I've drawn her in the past but this time I attempted something a little more exaggerated and stylized.

tumblr_n639z6kLVO1rk4i5co1_500.png

Drew Roxie again. Was just a doodle but I'm pleased with how it came out since it was done in about a fraction of the time that it took me to do the one from earlier in the year while still maintaining a similar level of detail.

I did this too as a request from Felix, he wanted me to draw his character Suzanne. (I used his tumblr name on the drawing as this was first posted there):

tumblr_n68q6qHsvv1rk4i5co1_r1_1280.png

I based her colors on any existing drawings I could find, but used my own choices on her clothing. The poster setup was a fun little thing to do seeing as Felix is really big on movies and I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_n639ws5vO31rk4i5co1_500.png

Drew Jez' character, Rani. I've drawn her in the past but this time I attempted something a little more exaggerated and stylized.

tumblr_n639z6kLVO1rk4i5co1_500.png

Drew Roxie again. Was just a doodle but I'm pleased with how it came out since it was done in about a fraction of the time that it took me to do the one from earlier in the year while still maintaining a similar level of detail.

I did this too as a request from Felix, he wanted me to draw his character Suzanne. (I used his tumblr name on the drawing as this was first posted there):

tumblr_n68q6qHsvv1rk4i5co1_r1_1280.png

I based her colors on any existing drawings I could find, but used my own choices on her clothing. The poster setup was a fun little thing to do seeing as Felix is really big on movies and I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

I really, really wanted to say thanks again for the Suzanne drawing, I absolutely love it to bits and Suzanne's a total cutie pie in it and asdfghjkl

Your art in general has been steadily improving, and it definitely shows. I like how you're toying around with different techniques and visual styles, and the way your shading and coloring looks nowadays is something I really admire. It really makes the picture pop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey dude its been a long time since I've seen your work (I rarely use tumblr these days) and damn dude you're really starting to improve. Keep up the wicked work :)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Chapter 11:

tumblr_n6gcm0UTbS1tr1e7so1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcptXWIT1tr1e7so1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcs7nOuR1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcsoStKG1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gct50zg61tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gctsjdCw1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcudtqcB1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcuuNhbM1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcviEiDd1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcw0Dt211tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6gcwnA6GC1tr1e7so1_1280.jpg

Was pretty fun, took awhile to do this one though, as there was alot I had to get in.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

Not a whole lot recently but here's some more stuff that I've sorta let pile up:

tumblr_n6wxsy47Tx1rk4i5co1_500.png

Chili dressed as a chili pepper. Thought it'd be a fun doodle.

af6a7025-5959-4afd-b1de-074934f584ed_zpsd49e24fa-dcff-441c-ae13-cbdd4009f0ae_zps80288058-3b99-4945-b7fc-e62e112fa954_zps

More original characters from the Frieda comic project that I haven't drawn in awhile, mainly just a general check-up on my progress/ making sure I can still draw them when I can get around to that, etc.

tumblr_n6lriwzE4C1rk4i5co3_500.png

Speaking of that project, I've redrawn it's logo and gave it a newish name. I may use it as a header on the place that I'd post the comic in the future. Right now, Cheesecake Odyssey is what I consider my main project, but once that's done, I'd be getting to work on Side of Frieda as my next one, given I still have the free time to even do any of this stuff that I currently have now.

e2948423-b922-4fd9-b921-db6bfb92a644_zps

A doodle of May's new design. Went for something different here in alot of aspects just because.

tumblr_n6yoqgqLUW1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Another character of Robrainiac's. Her name's Leslie Mcginniss and she's part of a group of fictional videogame characters. I took cues from the refs I had on hand but mainly did my own thing.

tumblr_n7487xHULZ1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Was tired but wanting to draw something at the same time so I drew various Stocking doodles in various ways, and also added some stuff that sorta add a geeky "deconstructed" feel to the drawing. Mainly I wanted to visually show the little things that go through my head at times when drawing stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_n6yoqgqLUW1rk4i5co1_1280.png

Another character of Robrainiac's. Her name's Leslie Mcginniss and she's part of a group of fictional videogame characters. I took cues from the refs I had on hand but mainly did my own thing.

Never once have I felt the urge to give one of my own characters a big hug, until now. XD

Thanks! I really like this! Keep on doing what you do! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_n7dl34Bvrw1rk4i5co1_1280.png

"People would probably freak out if they saw you, so, I think a disguise would be a good idea."

"This isn’t gonna work! ..this shirt isn’t even my style, don’t you have anything cuter?"

I'm getting faster at illustrating this particular concept. It’s still a bit of a tedious brain-teasing nightmare to compile all the parts into something seamless each time, but this time I split the workload between 2 different programs, taking advantage of their strengths to save time. Half Blend is still something I wanna sink my teeth into if I ever have the time set aside, though unlike my other stuff, at this stage I only plan for it to be a short self contained story at most.

• Thumbs Up 8