Awoo.

New videos: Sonic Simulator

Detective Shadzter

Gamekult.com has put out new gameplay videos for the Wii version. The video shows the other player has an orb, the same as in the recent DS multiplayer screenshots. So, could this be online multiplayer or something else completely?

http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382705/

http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382706/

http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382707/

Which Eggman boss tune is that at the end? Something from Advance?

Edit: LOL in that second posted video: "I know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting."

-Eggman

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 5

Tails voice in the Sweet Mountain video!

Very boyish, I like it *HAPPY GRIN* :D

Ffff. I know what it's all about, but obviously can't say. There's something really awesome about those 'robot videos' as well, in terms of level design... that I could hint majorly at (nothing groundbreaking, just something very very cool) but I'd rather save it for the embargo date.

Nice to know that European press continues to ignore such wonders as embargoes however, ffffing idiots *mumble grumble*. Now, can anyone recommend a good video capture device?

well that looks interesting...robotic pink Sonic? they sort of look like customisable items.

As for the single player videos, they look great, I'm not keen on how the Laser wisp stops abruptly, but i suppose it's better than firing you off the edge of a platform.

Edit: LOL in that second posted video: "I know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting."

-Eggman

The tune there is Eggman's theme from Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 2006.

Yay consistency! And YAY TAIL'S NEW VOICE! :D

I also like how the music sounds. Looks like they updated it since the E3 build.

Hot damn I fucking love this soundtrack and ALL the voices, game is looking wonderful as well. Getting more excited about this with each video I see!

Thanks Indigo! Been a while since I played the story mode of either of those, so I forgot.

Btw, the arcade marquee is a riot:

picture1wl.png

The scourge of the colored Hedgehogs! Hero Klungo Eggman Sssavesss Teh Universsse!

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman's 2006 theme showing up yet again? Orchestral Reach for the Stars as the level clear jingle? Yesssss.

It's a bit odd that there was Eggman commentary in the Sweet Mountain video but none in the Tropical Resort video; I wonder exactly which levels that'll be showing up in? Also, I quite like Tails' new voice based on that tiny little sample; it reminds me of Amy Palant's version, but a lot more natural-sounding.

Where'd that Sonic Simulator bit come from? Is it something in the video that I missed?

-Eggman

It's the Eggman theme from 06/Unleashed. Looks like it's the default Eggman theme music now. A shame. I liked the SA2 one better.

Also that's another Sonic color confirmed. We have blue, red, and pink so far. They have green, yellow, and purple eyes respectively.

Okay, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers for this game. But hot DAMN that voice for Tails is great. And the music. Wow

Where'd that Sonic Simulator bit come from? Is it something in the video that I missed?

0:54 in the multiplayer video.

Well okay, the Sonic robots make a little more sense now. But still though this was a wasted opportunity. Sega could've gotten major nostalgia points for making Sonic & Tails co-op/competitive multiplayer.

It's in the first video for a split second I believe.

There's something really awesome about those 'robot videos' as well, in terms of level design... that I could hint majorly at (nothing groundbreaking, just something very very cool) but I'd rather save it for the embargo date.

Classic Genesis layouts? I know you can't say, but that would be something very very cool.

Changed the topic title, as it's really looking like it isn't online multiplayer until we get some confirmation.