Awoo.

New videos: Sonic Simulator

Detective Shadzter

For time limits I think it may be a bit longer, though they claimed 20 hours but I don't think so, even if I'm happy they replaced missions with acts, which in my opinion since Heroes should of been how they did it anyways. Though if I remember correctly I think they said every stage has 5-6 acts, then to add to that we know there are seven worlds in the Sonic Simulator each with 3 acts.

So AT THE VERY LEAST (there could very well be more but I am calculating the minimum with 6 regular levels since 6 planets and the 7 Simulator worlds) we have at least 51 stages, but as I said, there likely will be even more.

ALSO! Off someone's suggestion, I'm checking ,but someone says the second level we see in the Simulator looks like Scrap Brain so checking to see if it matches up.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

hmmm weird, at least they are looking back and see what made the classics so special level design wise (except the fact that sonic doesn't Roll in that last part of the simulation video in the Pipes) :)

That sphere in the Multiplayer video reminds me of Uhu in sonic and the secret rings.

that blue sphere you Race to the Goal in one of Sonic and the secret rings mission, its called Uhu in sonic and the secret rings :

uhuqa.jpg

maybe their will be missions in that mode too in that planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbVivX70VI&feature=player_embedded

Is this an different level (for example, act 2 ect) with an alternate version of the song of Tropical resort? Its sounds different than the one found in other videos.

Any info on this?

maybe they changed the Music.

I think this act in that video seems like a tutorial level since their are target boards.

I am almost 100% sure that red orb is a substitute for another player that follows you and then assists in double-person Wisp Powers.

I am almost 100% sure that red orb is a substitute for another player that follows you and then assists in double-person Wisp Powers.

That red orb looks like another Sonic spinning.

And I hope the original Tropic Resort Song is still in the game.

That red orb looks like another Sonic spinning.

And I hope the original Tropic Resort Song is still in the game.

that could probably be act 3 music or some thing. (the music in the classics in each new act gets a remix from act 1)

that could probably be act 3 music or some thing. (the music in the classics in each new act gets a remix from act 1)

Yeah, that's what I also thought when I heard it! guess I just got confused there for a second, thanks! :>

Edited by Aries

I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not, but in the Tropical Resort video there are, what looks to be, purple intangible Wisp capsules at certain points in the video. If you'll look at that one pit with the digable ground, where the guy destroyed the two Egg Pawns to make the pulley drop, you'll see one. Could this be where you access a Drill Wisp when unlocked?

NOTE: I know that the E3 Demo, as well as the later ones, featured the Yellow Drill ability in Tropical Resort, but you never know: maybe that was just for the E3 & Demo versions & it may need to be unlocked in the final build.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not, but in the Tropical Resort video there are, what looks to be, purple intangible Wisp capsules at certain points in the video. If you'll look at that one pit with the digable ground, where the guy destroyed the two Egg Pawns to make the pulley drop, you'll see one. Could this be where you access a Drill Wisp when unlocked?

NOTE: I know that the E3 Demo, as well as the later ones, featured the Yellow Drill ability in Tropical Resort, but you never know: maybe that was just for the E3 & Demo versions & it may need to be unlocked in the final build.

Yes I saw this too! they did say they wanted you to revisit old levels using new wisps to search new areas!

Edited by Aries

Does anybody else think those balls that Sonic can use to destroy enemies could be a sly reference to to the balls that were removed from the final version of Sonic 1?

It's probably a stretch, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody else think those balls that Sonic can use to destroy enemies could be a sly reference to to the balls that were removed from the final version of Sonic 1?

Read my post :P

Also, am I the only one seeing Marble Zone in the last part of the Sonic Simulator video, you know, with all the platforms going up and down and the ring arcs.

EDIT: compare

This:

marble2.png

With this:

marble1.png

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also, am I the only one seeing Marble Zone in the last part of the Sonic Simulator video, you know, with all the platforms going up and down and the ring arcs.

This:

With this:

Ah....buh....wha....

This just keeps getting better and better. :P

marble2.png

The Shinning Ball is Just a Gun Shot by that Beetle , no thing else ...

and the red sphere is following you for some reasons.

it [the red sphere] could be a Single player mode in game world since the payer 2 gauge is faded. and i think its optional since iizuka said its not one of the core planets in the game.

Edited by speedduelist

Read my post :P

This:

marble2.png

With this:

marble1.png

Interesting.

Going by this pattern, I'm guessing that 3-1 of the game land might be Spring Yard Act 1.

Yup! Looks like you found a pattern! ;)

level2.jpg

Harder to see in this one, but check out the video and you'll see the ring placement and buzz bomber are an exact match! Pawns replace caterkillers.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Uhg....it pisses me off that this game looks a million times better than Sonic 4.

It's good that we finally have video of someone who actually knows how to play the game. This player actually slides under walls when your supposed to.

The Sonic Simulator is a great way for the developers to add a whole bunch of new levels without worrying about creating new art for them. They should do this for the 20th Anniversary game too. Though, I wish those Sonic robots looked a bit more mechanical.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Interesting.

Going by this pattern, I'm guessing that 3-1 of the game land might be Spring Yard Act 1.

Maybe, but Sonic 1 has 6 zones and the Simulator has 7 (as said before, the same number as emmeralds), and I doubt they are going to remake the final zone.

Maybe the 7th is a classic boss attack, or maybe they are actually doing more levels... who knows?

Also, thanks Doc for the picture. ;)

I'm seeing what looks to be seven Emeralds on the simulator screen. Super Sonic? Also the layout does look a bit like GHZ as mentioned.

If they manage to sneak Super Sonic in this game, I'll be stoked. I mean really, this already looks like just about the best Sonic game years, adding Super Sonic into the mix would make this even sweeter. I gotta get off my lazy ass and preorder this damn thing, it just looks like pure fun, the perfect combination of classic and new Sonic with a new twist added to it, lovely.

Chaos Emeralds are already confirmed but no comment was added to super sonic by iizuka.

if Special Stages are in, that automatically makes it a Strong Enough opponent to the classic games.

We saw footage of special stages in the DS Version

We didn't see for Wii

No developer said that they won't be on wii.

iizuka said it will be better or as good as the classics and that they looked at the past 3D sonic titles and adressed all the bad and good stuff

Lets Hope The Team has Super Sonic in Normal Stages Planned >_<

The Special Stages were the Strongest Thing that kept me playing Sonic 3 , Super sonic was brokenly fun lol

I am surprised because no one asked sonic team if their is going to be special stages.

but one person at a preview asked iizuka if chaos emeralds are going to be their and iizuka said yes. but when iizuka was asked if super sonic is goign to be in, iizuka said 'no answer'

but no one literally asked if super sonic is playable in normal stages... please,sonic team n,___,n other wise its still the best 3D Sonic. how Ever will not be comparable to the classics :mellow:

i am going to have my hopes up until some one literly confirms special stages. in the DS Version, their was only a footage to confirm that

judging when iizuka said that this game will out preform the classics, if he wants to be right. i hope they have special stages planned

the Wisps powers for explorations shows a Great Deal of Fun of Entering Special stages :(

any ways no one literally confirmed the DS Will have a special stage. it was just the footage to confirm this.. so i will wait, maybe they have surprise hidden on the Wii (since no one in an interview even mentioned special stages) :(

Are people actually hoping for Super Sonic to appear in this game? Oh you guys.

why did you edit your post? their was no thing wrong with it lol

i won't let my hopes down on the wii ver if it would have special stages :-P

I think if Super sonic would be in, I hope he becomes as fast as he was in Unleashed. that should be fair :)

Edited by speedduelist

why did you edit your post? their was no thing wrong with it lol

i won't let my hopes down on the wii ver if it would have special stages :-P

I thought my original post was boring.

Anyway, what I was saying earlier is that since Special Stages appear in the DS version, it would be weird to not have them in the Wii version, making them a likely feature. Super Sonic on the other hand almost definitely is not.