Awoo.

New videos: Sonic Simulator

Detective Shadzter

Well sonic team should consider super sonic and special stages as selling points. i seriously want them badly and so is the majority of the fan base among with super sonic as well :/

the exploration mechanics provides explorations that fits into digging for them like the classic games

Hmm. Trying to guess what's going on in this picture. Looks like some multiplayer shenanigans. Not sure who to attribute the area to, though. My guess is that the Sonic Simulator is making a return and we get to control some good ol' Eggman-manufactured Sonic simulations through this odd void in space - awesome!

The multiplayer sounds like it's going to be totally awesome if that preview was anything to go by. 2-Player that is simultaneously cooperative and competitive? I can dig it. It's also nice to see the Sonic Simulator return in some way/shape/form. If it actually gets referred to as that in-game I will be one happy camper!

Wow. I must be some kind of wizard! A happy camping wizard, that is.

Anywho, these videos are positively amazing. The fact that Sonic Colors is actually incorporating classic levels from Sonic the Hedgehog is just so awesome. It's crazy that this game is actually turning out to be more "classic" than Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I! And Eggman's commentary in this game is just getting better and better - "I know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting". Haha, brilliant! I love what these new writers are doing with Eggman. It's also nice to see his theme song back as well. And as I have stated beforehand, I am just positively delighted to see these minor details that they're bringing back with this game that make it just so much more enjoyable and fanservicey - whether it be Tails' MilesElectric making a comeback, the abundance of past badniks both classic and modern, and even the Sonic Simulator from Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story. There's a lot of love going out to the fans on this title, and it just makes me feel so fuzzy inside. This game is just doing things so right!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone noted the appearance of the Sonic bot? He's wearing some kinda metal chest plate and spines, along with wrist things. The others didn't have those little details.

Edited by Dabnikz

Wow. I must be some kind of wizard! A happy camping wizard, that is.

Quick, make some more predictions regarding future awesomeness for this title and me finding a billion dollars.

If they manage to sneak Super Sonic in this game, I'll be stoked. I mean really, this already looks like just about the best Sonic game years, adding Super Sonic into the mix would make this even sweeter. I gotta get off my lazy ass and preorder this damn thing, it just looks like pure fun, the perfect combination of classic and new Sonic with a new twist added to it, lovely.

Please do it, otherwise you will miss the awesome hat...

4791119894_9ccef4d5b2_o.jpg

Made for the ultimate Sonic experience. :V

EDIT:

Someone please youtube all these videos gamecult isn't working for me.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone noted the appearance of the Sonic bot? He's wearing some kinda metal chest plate and spines, along with wrist things. The others didn't have those little details.

Yeh, its better for the both to have them since it makes them look more robotic then just the eyes. And the tech implemented right at there palms possibly explains how they can absorb the wisps. I wouldn't mind a more mechanic skin for the both blurs..Wonder if the hinted characters might be robotic versions of sonic's friends (In the same sort of style like those robot sonics) Pobably the hinted characters might just be speed type mech's?

Edited by Alex2beta

I thought the "robot" Sonic's weren't robots at all. Aren't they just 3D models Eggman designed for his video game simulation thingy? Isn't the Metal Sonic world just a computer program/simulation Eggman designed to find Sonic's weaknesses or something?

I thought the "robot" Sonic's weren't robots at all. Aren't they just 3D models Eggman designed for his video game simulation thingy? Isn't the Metal Sonic world just a computer program/simulation Eggman designed to find Sonic's weaknesses or something?

They're robots in a simulation. Isn't Eggman wacky? He went through the effort of designing a Sonic Simulator just so amusement park attendees can torment Sonic through challenging stages, but decided the simulated Sonic should specifically be a robot as well just so that it would be clear that it's not the real Sonic being tortured.

Frankly, he's a genius! Perhaps he wanted his game accepted by kids who LIKE Sonic, but hate robots made to look like Sonic as created by Eggman!

Also, about the Super Sonic thing, hey, we can dream. It's unlikely, but the producer did say maybe to me (though in PR speak that probably means no).

Hrm. Well, if Eggman's big ol' monologue about his Sonic Simulator in Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story is anything to go by, he originally created the Sonic Simulator to research Sonic and his buddies' weakpoints.

I am Dr. Eggman, the most brilliant mastermind in the world! I aspire for nothing short of world domination! Many times I have come close--oh so close! But always, at the very last minute, my beautiful plans are foiled by that pest, Sonic! Hoh ho ho ho! But no longer! Behold my newest creation! I call it the "Sonic Simulator"! With this, I can analyze the abilities of Sonic and his friends, and find their weak points once and for all!

So I'm assuming he since then came to the sudden realization that "Whoa, this would also make an awesome amusement park game!" and gave the simulator a complete rehaul to function as such. Default characters are various shades of Sonic seeing as that's his primary rival this time around and the varying shades would make things less confusing for multiplayer purposes. Also everybody loves the guy, so that gives the game some appeal to the visitors of the amusement park. (btw, if I see Sonicman playing this game, or featured anywhere else in the theme park I will freak out).

The Sonic Simulator's perfectly capable of recreating Sonic and his friends spot-on without any robotic modifications to them, so these metallic additions that he added to the simulations are just for fun I guess. Either that or he's using the simulator to test and see see if those metallic glove thingies could even work, if he were so inclined to manufacture a pair IRL.

Edited by HunterTSF

Please do it, otherwise you will miss the awesome hat...

4791119894_9ccef4d5b2_o.jpg

Made for the ultimate Sonic experience. :V

Oh, I'm aware. My friend and I are already planning to preorder it, pick up the game and hats, wear 'em then walk back to his place, sit down and play the game whilst donning the hats and never take them off or get up until the game is beat.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Also, about the Super Sonic thing, hey, we can dream. It's unlikely, but the producer did say maybe to me (though in PR speak that probably means no).

was it the producer or the other guy?

thanks for responding in advanced.

was it the producer or the other guy?

thanks for responding in advanced.

US Producer. I don't mistake two different PRs, so it was definitely Keith Dwyer (that's what I hear is his name, so I guess he's not unnamed anymore). If I had meant the other guy, I would have said "The Sonic 4 PR" and thus, it wouldn't have been as credible at all.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I just really, really, really hope they have an option to turn off the guy who screams the power up name before you use it. Judging by how often you use power-ups, having someone scream DRILL or LASER twenty times consecutively sounds like it could get quite annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Saw the videos. The first stage is obviously green hill and I'm 100% sure the stage right after is marble zone...So are there any other sonic 1 levels there going to grace us with?

Edited by L.I.W.

i think sonic team are trying to copy the classic platforming from the old games.

to take the classic platforming like an idol, though i don't think it works 100% with the homing attack.

Actually, I'm somewhat sure that the Green Hill level was 1-1 and the marble zone level was 2-1. Multiple levels for each colored simulation stage?

Actually, I'm somewhat sure that the Green Hill level was 1-1 and the marble zone level was 2-1. Multiple levels for each colored simulation stage?

Well what we know is that there are seven zones in the Sonic Simulator with 3 acts each, making a total of 21 stages.

Well what we know is that there are seven zones in the Sonic Simulator with 3 acts each, making a total of 21 stages.

Whoa, that's quite a lot for a multiplayer mode. Maybe all X-1 stages are based off classic levels?