Awoo.

New Preview from Gamespot

Solly

Sweet, I'm very excited that they're going to put a map in the game! Not to mention that they're giving the player the choice between classical progression or progression through a map is very cool!

>My face at the people who complained about no act to act progression.

Honestly, for me this is probably the second biggest improvement I've seen come out of this game right after LLZ Act 2.

Not to mention this is probably the one thing in the game in which it is a step forward from the classic games. A very small step forward, but a step no less.

Edited by Black Spy

*IMAGE*

>My face at the people who complained about no act to act progression.

You could say the same about anything that's changed. It completely free originally, and now it's optional.

You could say the same about anything that's changed. It completely free originally, and now it's optional.

No really, this is a good thing.

I still really want to know what the map of Sonic 3 and Knuckles looks like.

Most of the Zones took place on Angel Island itself.

Seriously, where the fuck is Ice Cap and Carnival Night (and why is there a carnival on an ancient floating ruin)?

Excellent news, though I still would prefer if you had to press the button to go back to the map and have it automatically continue, personally. inb4lolsonicfansneverhappy

Definitely excited to see pictures of this, and that release date comment from Ruby has got me wondering just how soon we'll be getting it.

No really, this is a good thing.

I still really want to know what the map of Sonic 3 and Knuckles looks like.

Most of the Zones took place on Angel Island itself.

Seriously, where the fuck is Ice Cap and Carnival Night (and why is there a carnival on an ancient floating ruin)?

You're asking where Ice Cap is? It's on the mountain peaks! Probably just round the far side cause you can't see snow in the S3K AI sprite. But the ocean with all the ice bergs... lol

Bleh. A Map Screen is but the blurred line of indecisiveness between a coherent, easily navigable and perfectly adequate stage selection menu and a full-blown, explorable 3D hub world; though it sounds like a good idea at first, Map Screens usually provide nothing but a lazy blend of random artwork or odd and needless gimmicks in control - see Sonic Unleashed for more details.

Personally, I'd rather have a no-frills Sonic Adventure style Adventure Field, and leave it at that - but oh well; you can't have everything!

• Bad Quality Post 1

Personally, I'd rather have a no-frills Sonic Adventure style Adventure Field, and leave it at that - but oh well; you can't have everything!

As if people aren't complaining enough about this game. A "hub" would send them into overdrive. :rolleyes:

When I think of map screen, Super Mario Bros. 3 always crosses my mind. Now that game has a good map screen.

A 2D hub world didn't work well at all in Sonic Advance 3, so I wouldn't mind if it just never showed up again.

• Thumbs Up 1

However, a 2D map worked very nicely in Rivals 2. Lookie:

rivals2_9.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

However, a 2D map worked very nicely in Rivals 2. Lookie:

rivals2_9.jpg

Ninja'd...but wathever

sr2map.png

It was a nice looking map.

Edited by Michael Myers

Bleh. A Map Screen is but the blurred line of indecisiveness between a coherent, easily navigable and perfectly adequate stage selection menu and a full-blown, explorable 3D hub world; though it sounds like a good idea at first, Map Screens usually provide nothing but a lazy blend of random artwork or odd and needless gimmicks in control - see Sonic Unleashed for more details.

If they did that they might has well not even bother finishing the game because the ensuing shitstorm of fanboy rage would decimate the planet and a sizable portion of our Solar System before the game could even be released.

I forgot to mention. There's a choice, actually, of whether you want classic progression or not. Once you pass that Act Clear marker, and the score counts down, a button will appear at the bottom of the screen (I think it was Triangle on the PS3 preview version or something), that says "Jump to Next Act." If you don't do this before the fadeout, you go back to the World Map screen.

Note I said World Map - as in "awesome, detailed static world view," and not "shitty, confusing 3D world hub." =P

Now that sounds cool. I was thinking they'd just send you back to that lame Level Select screen. Faith restored!