Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayer’s Shadow

They probably ran out of storyline for the old Dante and didn't want to stoop so low as to use him as a cash cow with terrible games (like Capcom has been known to do already).

I "don't mind" Dante's update, but his story in this game is absolutely appalling. It's not edgy, dark or new, but something you'd find in a fanfic for god's sake.

Not in the slightest, by the end of DMC4 there were several ideas and unexplained things in the universe that could have been the focus of future games.

A pre-DMC3 prequel that explains the death of Sparda and Dante's mother and the circumstances that lead to the conflict between him and Vergil.

A game focusing on Sparda when he betrayed his own kind to defeat Mundus originally.

A sequel focusing on Nero showing his future as a demon hunter and explaining his origins/how he is related to Dante/Vergil.

A character driven sequel about Dante the explains his drastic change in character in DMC2(maybe Lady or Nero get injured/killed due to to his "devil-may-care" recklessness and in response changes his attitude and methods towards demon hunting)

Actually making Lady/Trish playable characters with unique movesets in the story and not just cutscene eye candy.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hahah wow, I gotta agree with this guy. It kind of makes me sad seeing these clips all put together because he really has been made to appear awful compared to his original design.

I did use to have a giggle at some of the lines old Dante pulled out...this new incarnation just...swears too much to try and prove a point.

I liked Devil may cry. It's my favorite game.

Mainly because despite being lack luster in story, you knew what kinda person Dante was, and some of his lines are so cheesy they're awesome.

Swearing does not make you cool, hence why I never do it.

I hope we see normal dante again in the distant future... sad.png

Not in the slightest, by the end of DMC4 there were several ideas and unexplained things in the universe that could have been the focus of future games.

A pre-DMC3 prequel that explains the death of Sparda and Dante's mother and the circumstances that lead to the conflict between him and Vergil.

A game focusing on Sparda when he betrayed his own kind to defeat Mundus originally.

A sequel focusing on Nero showing his future as a demon hunter and explaining his origins/how he is related to Dante/Vergil.

A character driven sequel about Dante the explains his drastic change in character in DMC2(maybe Lady or Nero get injured/killed due to to his "devil-may-care" recklessness and in response changes his attitude and methods towards demon hunting)

Actually making Lady/Trish playable characters with unique movesets in the story and not just cutscene eye candy.

This, yes please!

I also want to see more of Nero, I feel like he's still a mystery.

Edited by Purple Heart Neptune

Hahah, I never swear too, even when typing swear I feel an ache like I really shouldn't be doing such a thing.

I guess that was the writer's way of making Dante more...'edgy'.

Just make him say cheesy lines and make him act goofy.

Kinda like Spider-man.

Well, sorta.

I wonder, if this game bombs will capcom say "People weren't interested in DmC, we're discontinuing the franchise"

Or if it sells well, they'd just continue on with the character they have now.

All those Achievements are shout-outs to the previous Devil may cry games, but it just doesn't feel right : (

Your avatar is my reaction to all of this.

Console DMC's will run at 30fps

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/376891/console-versions-of-devil-may-cry-will-run-at-30fps/

Not surprised, it's on the Unreal Engine after all-

But during the development of Dragon's Dogma with Unreal Engine, Itsuna claims that he discovered several tricks to create the impression that a game is running at 60fps despite running at half that refresh speed.

In an interview with Eurogamer, Itsuno admitted that 60fps "would be better," but is adamant that DmC will be responsive enough to please fans.

Itsuno wasn't ready to reveal exactly how the effect is achieved, but did reveal that is simply a trick of the mind.

"60 frames per second is the speed the brain and the eye can catch up with and understand, Itsuno said, "but at 30 frames per second there's a technique where you take advantage of the brain's ability to fill in the blanks."

"So even though you have it running at 30 frames per second, you create the motions and poses in such a way that the brain will naturally fill in what would have been the extra frames. Also, on the players' side we made some adjustments to the button response and when its reflected on screen," Itsuno added.

Itsuno said that action games running at 60fps per second can have a tiring effect on players, and the choice to run the game at 30fps, allowed Ninja Theory to create "the best visual style they were looking for."

Technical art director, Stuart Adcock added, "hopefully it's something that feels a lot more of a visual feast. We just kept thinking, the game is a stylish game, but that's not just on the combat. We need to think of it for every aspect. Running at 30 allowed us to be able to do that to a certain extent."

exCeb.gif

Hey check out this video

Hmph, Feel sorry for you DmC fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

Watched that video.

New!Dante's lines are just ungainly. I mean some of them are rather good like his "I never knew my mother; but if you're calling me a 'son of a bitch' then you wouldn't be the first". I actually found that one to be rather decent compared to most of the other things he says.

But his character is just...really? Who the fuck takes the opportunity to knock a soda can out of some random guy's hand when he's not doing anything wrong. "It'll kill ya!" Yeah? So will the cigarettes you smoked before. I mean really, asshole characters aren't always bad thing, but when you're taking a character like Dante who tends to be more of a karmic asshole than just someone being a dick and make him into someone who's just a dick...yeah, not exactly a good thing.

If this was a completely different character, this might be looked at totally different, but nope.

Not surprised, it's on the Unreal Engine after all-

Unreal Engine AND developed by Ninja Theory.

It'll be lucky to even hit 30fps without a high end rig that bruteforces away all of that inherent crappyness combined. Won't fix the gameplay though.

Hmph, Feel sorry for you DmC fans.

It's fine, we'll just buy the superior MGR instead.

Then Bayo 2 the following year. Oh my.

It's depressing how an unlockable character in the past is now exclusive DLC. So much bullshit!

Itsuno said that action games running at 60fps per second can have a tiring effect on players,

TotalBiscuit has noted that this is bullshit, he knows Counter-Strike players who play that game on 1000 FPS and don't get tired, period. It's just Itsuno trying to make excuses for Ninja Theory.

TotalBiscuit has noted that this is bullshit, he knows Counter-Strike players who play that game on 1000 FPS and don't get tired, period. It's just Itsuno trying to make excuses for Ninja Theory.

The 1000fps thing is also bs though because their monitors are probably running at like 60hz or 120hz- nowhere near 1000fps despite what the game tells them.

But yeah 60fps= eyestrain is a load of crap hahahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone really think this title will do well at this point, considering that the changes have pissed off the very fans who would really be playing the series?

Anyone really think this title will do well at this point, considering that the changes have pissed off the very fans who would really be playing the series?

The levels look good and that's it.

I'm not gonna buy it unless it's really cheap.

If it bombs they might just say DmC is not worth continuing and if it succeeds well we can say good bye to this guy

dante-dmc3-whatever.png

'least good Dante is appearing in that cross over game.

Edit:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=32522&Title=DmC%20Devil%20May%20Cry&searchkeyword=dmc

Oh my.....

Don't know if you've all seen this yet.

Edited by NISA

Some scenes also depict sexual activity: scantily clad strippers dancing/gyrating provocatively with each other; a woman moving her head toward Dante's lap (fellatio is implied). During one cutscene, moaning sounds can be heard while a female character is bent over a table—a man is positioned behind her, though there is no actual depiction of the sex act.

I'm done with this game.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well before this turns into a feminism topic, I'll just say those sexual scenes sound hilarious, for all the wrong reasons.