Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

Some scenes also depict sexual activity: scantily clad strippers dancing/gyrating provocatively with each other; a woman moving her head toward Dante's lap (fellatio is implied). During one cutscene, moaning sounds can be heard while a female character is bent over a table—a man is positioned behind her, though there is no actual depiction of the sex act.

Just played the Xbox 360 demo and it was awesome. Haven't enjoyed playing a game this much since Bayonetta. Might try and persuade my wife or family to get me it as a late Birthday present, since it comes out just over a week after it XD

Bad, bad idea, Shadzter. Get the DMC HD collection instead. Much better value for money (three games in one, even DMC2 could be way better than this game), a much more appealing protagonist, actual style and challenge, and gameplay that isn't water-down garbage ripped off from Heavenly Sword. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bad, bad idea, Shadzter. Get the DMC HD collection instead. Much better value for money (three games in one, even DMC2 could be way better than this game), a much more appealing protagonist, actual style and challenge, and gameplay that isn't water-down garbage ripped off from Heavenly Sword. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Have you played it?

Downloading the demo now if it's out here.

The game's not out yet, so how can you judge it completely and fairly? I've not played the first 3 games, so I might pick the collection up sometime. I used to have Devil May Cry 4 and got so far, but I couldn't get into it. Really enjoyed the DMC demo, though. It's over-the-top like Bayonetta and the combat is fun. I like the levels so far, too, especially how the city transforms to try and stop Dante.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I played the demo for a bit.

Lo and behold, it was shit. Remember how they said the new control scheme doesn't make you have to contort your fingers in order for it to work? I honestly think they made it worse. Practically everything you do in the game is awkward as all hell to perform; especially the jump dash. As some could already see from video footage; the combat is rather slow and clunky in comparison to the likes of the previous DMC games and Bayonetta. Nothing about it is smooth or remotely stylish, and I find killing things is incredibly dissatisfying because of it.

And it's so easy. Dear god is it easy. The enemies absolutely refuse to put up a fight on the highest difficulty available in the demo (assuming the "Son of Sparda" difficulty can't be unlocked in it). The "Nephilim" difficulty dubs itself "the full DmC experience"; if that's the full DmC experience then I don't want any of it.

There's a boss battle on there too, but I honestly don't want to touch it because of the foul taste the level put in my mouth.

So yeah, I don't like this game.

Edited by Pinkamina

I played it and it was so shit it made my eyes bleed and it killed a field of daisies. I'm going to buy this game.

Edited by Nu-13/Noel Vermillion

Well, I played the demo for a bit.

Lo and behold, it was shit. Remember how they said the new control scheme doesn't make you have to contort your fingers in order for it to work? I honestly think they made it worse. Practically everything you do in the game is awkward as all hell to perform; especially the jump dash. As some could already see from video footage; the combat is rather slow and clunky in comparison to the likes of the previous DMC games and Bayonetta. Nothing about it is smooth or remotely stylish, and I find killing things is incredibly dissatisfying because of it.

And it's so easy. Dear god is it easy. The enemies absolutely refuse to put up a fight on the highest difficulty available in the demo (assuming the "Son of Sparda" difficulty can't be unlocked in it). The "Nephilim" difficulty dubs itself "the full DmC experience"; if that's the full DmC experience then I don't want any of it.

There's a boss battle on there too, but I honestly don't want to touch it because of the foul taste the level put in my mouth.

So yeah, I don't like this game.

I quite enjoyed that level and don't think the combat is slow and clunky at all.. The boss was fun and challenging, too. If you think the difficulty is too easy, you can unlock the "Son of Sparda" difficulty by beating both the level and the boss.

I can already see where this is going: veterans are going to hate the game, newcomers are going to like it.

Yeah, that's probably it. I've not played the first 3 games and got bored after an hour or 2 into the 4th game, but I'm enjoying the demo for this one. As a result of not playing all of the previous games, I don't completely understand the Dante character debate, but either way I'm all for gameplay over character changes. Heck, I got some enjoyment out of the last 2 Crash Bandicoot games even though I was mixed on the character change.

I'll get it when it's in the bargain bin, I just want my crazy-wazy Dante back.

I can adapt to change. I just feel like they could've expanded the original DMC more. We'll never see Pizza loving Strawberry Sundae eating SSStylish Dante again. :<

Well I did loose a bit more health on the boss.

Evading its attacks using the evade button made it quite difficult. Then I realized every last one of its attacks was easily avoidable by jumping instead.

And I'm pretty sure the dialogue between Dante and the boss gave me cancer.

Well I did loose a bit more health on the boss.

Evading its attacks using the evade button made it quite difficult. Then I realized every last one of its attacks was easily avoidable by jumping instead.

And I'm pretty sure the dialogue between Dante and the boss gave me cancer.

Was that the boss where they're dropping F-bombs at each other?

I saw that one in trailers.

Was that the boss where they're dropping F-bombs at each other?

I saw that one in trailers.

Yup.

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you"

"FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUuu" *vomits everywhere*

Ok then.

Edited by Pinkamina

Yup.

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you"

"FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUuu" *vomits everywhere*

Ok then.

It just gets worse everytime I hear it.

Hope this game bombs.

I'm sorry if some of you enjoyed it, but to me it's just not right.

Visually the demo looks great. Can't say the same for the gameplay. What happened to Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry?

*plays demo*

*one hour later...*

gif-ilme-aku-ankka-rage-i8em3v.gif

Wow.

I thought the fans were exaggerating.

I honestly, truly did.

But no.

joker_clap.gif

Congratulations, Crapcom, you just raped another beloved franchise. I'm not even a massive fan of the original series and I still feel so...destroyed. Why was the characterization for Dante and Virgil so thoroughly butchered? Why is the dialogue so insultingly bad? Why is the once-amazing combat just brainless button mashing, perhaps while occasionally holding one of the trigger buttons? Why are the physics so stiff and floaty? Why do you have that pointless grappling hook thing? Why do you have an idiotic boost move?

If they haven't already, then Capcom has now officially crossed the Moral Event Horizon. This is un-freaking-acceptable. I don't care if DMC2 was worse; the fact is, this is not just a crappy Devil May Cry game. It is a blatant insult to the series and its fans. Good God, Capcom.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 9